NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Jem
how many starts in those figures ?
did he see the games out he started ?
Yes I’m being pedantic 😝
But statistics can be made into whatever you wish them to be
feck off Harry 😝😝 this is not one of your Japanese poems
Anyone can Look it up but idea that Welbeck isn’t reliable - for us at least in three seasons now- is a tired old trope. Plenty don’t believe it but just look at his track record. He only missed a handful of games due to fitness last season.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Anyone can Look it up but idea that Welbeck isn’t reliable - for us at least in three seasons now- is a tired old trope. Plenty don’t believe it but just look at his track record. He only missed a handful of games due to fitness last season.
Yep it does appear that we have fixed him

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Indeed, Welbeck’s first touch lets him down a lot of the time last night was the first glimpse of Mitoma getting back to match sharpness.
Undav is to slow if he was half a yard quicker then he would be giving RDZ a headache
Personally more worried about Wellbeck's finishing .... he missed some glorious chances .

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
This. Since he returned from surgery for his hamstring in December 2021 out of the 60 Premier League games we played. Danny Welbeck has had playing time in 52 of them (33 starts, 19 sub appearances), made 2 further squads where he didn't get off the bench and missed just 6 games. That is not the stats of an injury prone/unreliable player.

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
Personally more worried about Wellbeck's finishing .... he missed some glorious chances .
I think Welbeck is incredibly underated, he is arguably playing his best football and clearly enjoying himself here at the Albion. He's a key player for me on and off the field. His stats hold up really well, He has scored 18 in 80 PL appearances for us, at Arsenal it was 16 in 88 and at Man Utd it was 20 in 92. Still at the top of his game in my opinion.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
I think Welbeck is incredibly underated, he is arguably playing his best football and clearly enjoying himself here at the Albion. He's a key player for me on and off the field. His stats hold up really well, He has scored 18 in 80 PL appearances for us, at Arsenal it was 16 in 88 and at Man Utd it was 20 in 92. Still at the top of his game in my opinion.
He has missed a lot of easy chances IMO , that does not mean he is not playing well for the team. It means he should have had 5 goals more last season. What is annoying is he has scored some great goals.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I don’t care how many he scores as long as the team are getting plenty, and with him in it they are most of the time.
I do, we scored 3 at Liverpool, and I recall Welbeck missing an absolute sitter at 2-0 up. He’s not a great finisher, but a good player nonetheless.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Ale Mac missed far more sitters than Welbeck I reckon.
Possibly, but I do agree with @Wardy's twin he really isn’t a good finisher. In fact he’s more like to score a worldly, than a free header…… see Liverpool at home and Leeds a couple of seasons back.

Edit - Ale Mac scored penalties though, I think Welbeck has missed at least 2 for us.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Possibly, but I do agree with @Wardy's twin he really isn’t a good finisher. In fact he’s more like to score a worldly, than a free header…… see Liverpool at home and Leeds a couple of seasons back.

Edit - Ale Mac scored penalties though, I think Welbeck has missed at least 2 for us.
One I think - away at West Brom in 2021 (Groß missed one in the same game too, we lost 1-0)

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
One I think - away at West Brom in 2021 (Groß missed one in the same game too, we lost 1-0)
Think he may have missed another at home perhaps. I seem to recall him hitting the post somewhere. Scored at Arsenal in the cup from the spot.

Edit - just looked it up, I must have imagined it.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Has he left yet?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports