Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Deniz Undav - season long loan to Stuttgart confirmed

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
12-15 goals a season puts him in the Ollie Watkins category. Same age too. We wouldn't be letting him go that easily if that were the case- and certainly not without a decent fee.
Fair comment. However, his biggest attribute is his finishing, and he scored more than that at USG and is now up to speed PL wise, not that unlikely.

As per mine and others posts he is still fourth choice.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Has he left yet?

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
It isnt a straight loan to buy. It’s an option. I think the option would be higher than that 9.5m. None of us know of course but i'd expect at least 15m based on premier league goals. I guess we'll see.
In that case I can’t see them taking the option. They have just spent £7.5 million on a striker they had on loan last season but I don’t think the money is there for them to be paying £15 million plus for a player. Only 3 or 4 German clubs have paid that or more for a player over the last few season.

If you look into it deeper we got a rumoured £20 million for Neal Maupay (about breaking even on what we paid for him) when we sold him to Everton. That was on the back of 3 Premier League seasons and 26 PL goals. At the end of the season Undav will be two years older than Maupay was when he made that move with just 5 PL goals to his name. It makes £15 million look even more unlikely, and if we get anywhere near that then Tony Bloom is a real miracle worker when he comes to negotiations.

Last edited:

Zeus

Jan 10, 2022
In that case I can’t see them taking the option. They have just spent £7.5 million on a striker they had on loan last season but I don’t think the money is there for them to be paying £15 million plus for a player. Only 3 or 4 German clubs have paid that or more for a player over the last few season.

If you look into it deeper we got a rumoured £20 million for Neal Maupay (about breaking even on what we paid for him) when we sold him to Everton. That was on the back of 3 Premier League seasons and 26 PL goals. At the end of the season Undav will be two years older than Maupay was when he made that move with just 5 PL goals to his name. It makes £15 million look even more unlikely, and if we get anywhere near that then Tony Bloom is a real miracle worker when he comes to negotiations.
I’d imagine the club. Would be very happy to get what we paid. You can’t make profit on every player.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
I’d imagine the club. Would be very happy to get what we paid. You can’t make profit on every player.
I agree, we might be able to squeeze a tiny profit but I can’t see more than that. Especially if he’s going to Stuttgart or a club of a similar ilk.

Crawley Dingo

Political thread tourist.
Mar 31, 2022
He had the highest goals per minutes played last season ahead of EF, his past stats suggest he is a 20 goal a season striker and yet the BBC was saying that RDZ prefers Wellbeck?

Something really odd about this.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Would seem to go in a season of 60ish games with just 3 strikers. What is average no of games Welbeck has played per season in last 5 years.
Can only presume told other 3 would be selected ahead of him whatever the competition and he therefore wants out

The Pilsbury Echo

Dec 30, 2015
Palmer one of 3/4 unused subs v Ath Madrid today, and also v Bayern a few days back. He was named in both squads so Unless injured seems strange why Pep did not use him although had lot of game time with Eng u23s. I may be in the minority but I think he could do a job here.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
He had the highest goals per minutes played last season ahead of EF, his past stats suggest he is a 20 goal a season striker and yet the BBC was saying that RDZ prefers Wellbeck?

Something really odd about this.
He didn't have many minutes though.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
RDZ clearly wants his forwards to press on goal like shit off a stick this coming season. Undav is miles off the pace for that style of play
Really depends where the press is coming from and who’s triggering it, you don’t press in every situation, and we haven’t in the friendlies either.

maresfield seagull

May 23, 2006
Playing for Brighton it’s 27 PL games per season. Last year it was 30 and 5 in the cup.
Jem
how many starts in those figures ?
did he see the games out he started ?
Yes I’m being pedantic 😝
But statistics can be made into whatever you wish them to be
feck off Harry 😝😝 this is not one of your Japanese poems

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here