[Albion] Deniz Undav - season long loan to Stuttgart confirmed

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
Ok, so you saw that he was pretty poor in every appearance until the last 6 or 7 games? The guy can finish but he’s just a step behind the level that RDZ expects from an outfield player in most other attributes, hence he’s on his way.
thanks for telling what I saw, always appreciated. I give you Mitomo’s goal against Liverpool.
BTW, none of us no why he’s going. It could be personal issues or more game time, neither of which makes him not good enough. It’s just that there are players ahead of him.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
This thread is quite sweet. It’s like the previous threads about Dale Stephens, Ali J and Maupay. The guy is likeable but clearly not good enough for where we are now and where we’re going and yet some try to defend him and maintain some kind of mock horror that we might get rid of him. I love how loyal Abion fans are to players. As with the previous three, we will move on to better things without him and not give him a second thought in a season’s time.

I like him but he’s basically not good enough and moving him on is the best for all concerned. But we are a lovely fan base.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
I know I posted earlier, but this move makes me sad. He has worked so hard to get up to speed and looks like a popular fella in training. Not enough, I know. But arguably the most likely player to break a deadlock when we just need someone who can score with a low drive or audacious, unexpected chip over the keeper. I wish him well for whatever the reasons and hope we don't need a player like him or have a better version lined up instead.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Has he gone yet?

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I like him but he’s basically not good enough and moving him on is the best for all concerned. But we are a lovely fan base.
Disagree with you on this - not the fan base bit.👌

I think once his issues were sorted he clearly proved he was good enough. 5 in 8 tells its own story. (Somebody highlighted his stats are actually better than Ferguson’s - which was surprising).

However, as per my earlier post he is fourth choice, and unlike the others he wasn’t left at home to sort a move. With our preference for a loan striker, he was unlikely to get much football. I think he just wants games, RdZ couldn’t offer any assurances, so he requested a loan…… all guesswork granted.

You’re right in that we’ll move on, but he would fit a Forest, Fulham or Brentford quite well and would be a 12-15 goal striker with regular games IMO.

Last edited:

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
I think this is a good move for all. Games for him in a league where he will score and hopefully increase in value. £15-20m buyout would probably be about right
I doubt we’d be getting anything like that from VFB Stuttgart, they finished 3rd bottom and only stayed up last season by winning the relegation play off.

Their record transfer fee paid is approx £9.5 million for Nicolas Gonzalez. I’d expect us to be looking to break even on what we signed him for, possibly make a slight profit but we won’t be making loads from this loan to buy deal.

Last edited:

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I doubt we’d be getting anything like that from VFB Stuggart, they finished 3rd bottom and only stayed up last season by winning the relegation play off.

Their record transfer fee paid is approx £9.5 million for Nicolas Gonzalez. I’d expect us to be looking to break even on what we signed him for, possibly make a slight profit but we won’t be making loads from this loan to buy deal.
Agree.

Could be a window and then £15m - £20m from a newly promoted prem team.

BevBHA

Jan 23, 2017
Wasn’t when he actually started longer than 10 minutes by any chance was it?

Blimey Zeus, I don’t know if you ever played but you must have been an 8 or 9 every game, even if you were on the bench 😉👍
These are the same people on the player ratings thread after a game that will rate a sub a 4, despite only touching the ball 4 times in the 10 minutes they play.

Last edited:

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Half seasom loan to Brentford (until Betting Boy gets back). Scores 12-15 goals in half a season for them (not eligible to play against us, obviously) - then on offer for £15-£20M to any desparate club too close for comfort to the drop.

Thia football management bobbins is a doddle, eh??

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
This thread is quite sweet. It’s like the previous threads about Dale Stephens, Ali J and Maupay. The guy is likeable but clearly not good enough for where we are now and where we’re going and yet some try to defend him and maintain some kind of mock horror that we might get rid of him. I love how loyal Abion fans are to players. As with the previous three, we will move on to better things without him and not give him a second thought in a season’s time.

I don't know, there was quite a lot of bitter infighting over Stephens and a fair bit of slagging of Maupay. Even with Ali J I think we were all desperate for him to succeed but it just never worked.

I think with Undav we're mostly a bit surprised as it looked like he was coming good. However, we are so far ahead of where we've ever been that a player who would have been a guaranteed starter for all but the last season of the 35 I've been watching the Albion is fourth choice. I'd be happy to keep him in the squad but if he goes, he goes and I'll wish him well.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Disagree with you on this - not the fan base bit.👌

I think once his issues were sorted he clearly proved he was good enough. 5 in 8 tells its own story. (Somebody highlighted his stats are actually better than Ferguson’s - which was surprising).

However, as per my earlier post he is fourth choice, and unlike Zeqiri and the others he wasn’t left at home to sort a move. With our preference for a loan striker, he was unlikely to get much football. I think he just wants games, RdZ couldn’t offer any assurances, so he requested a loan…… all guesswork granted.

You’re right in that we’ll move on, but he would fit a Forest, Fulham or Brentford quite well and would be a 12-15 goal striker with regular games IMO.
12-15 goals a season puts him in the Ollie Watkins category. Same age too. We wouldn't be letting him go that easily if that were the case- and certainly not without a decent fee.

Barnet Seagull

Luxury Player
Jul 14, 2003
Falmer, soon...
I doubt we’d be getting anything like that from VFB Stuttgart, they finished 3rd bottom and only stayed up last season by winning the relegation play off.

It isnt a straight loan to buy. Its an option. I think the option would be higher than that 9.5m. None of us know of course but i'd expect at least 15m based on premier league goals. I guess we'll see.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports