[Albion] Deniz Undav - season long loan to Stuttgart confirmed

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
Whilst it will be sad to see him go, and he proved he knows where the net is, his general outfield play is way below par for the team and not sure he can really do what RDZ demands in deeper areas. Also really could mean Kudus is on the cards which would actually be ridiculous considering our midfield attacking options.
Bollocks … big bouncing ones. I would argue his off the ball movement is excellent.

Oh_aye

Jul 8, 2022
No we don't, we play with two strikers where they alternate between dropping deep and being the focal point, or both drop.

It's like having two half striker half attacking mids.
Yeah its great. I changed my spec for the FA Cup 2-1 against Liverpool and was down the front for a change and sitting behind Klopp.

Ferg and Wellbeck lining up in what looked like a 424 . The look on his face as they then proceeded to play a kind of dual hybrid number 8/10 role in alternation was amazing. He was genuinely dumbstruck.

He stayed that way until about the 70th minute where he tried to change things by sending on a load of 30 somethings to foul people.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Only just read this. He's one of my favourites now. A player who scores for fun and loves to chip the keeper. We need 4 strikers for four competitions. They get subbed when off form and alternatives are needed for injuries. Really disappointed for us and maybe him as looks like he loves training and playing at Albion. I don't get posters who think he isn't good enough - he scores goals. Anyhoo, I can only think we may have someone even better lined up.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
If he's going out on loan, why take him to the US? Surely, we'd be better giving game time to strikers who are staying with us?

Not surprised. He’s had some good moments of late but I don’t think his all round play is quite at the very high level of the rest of the team now. Still haven’t quite got over that Carlton Palmer touch in the Wembley semi either 😲

And maybe Adingra’s goals pushed him a bit further down pecking order too, he could be our Trossard guy who flips between playing wide and centrally as Enciso has also dipped into

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Not in the squad for tonight. He's gone. Real shame.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
And maybe Adingra’s goals pushed him a bit further down pecking order too, he could be our Trossard guy who flips between playing wide and centrally as Enciso has also dipped into
The two he scored against Brentford you mean? No l don't thing that is tghe reason, (if this report is true in the first place of course.)

What is true though, is that RDZ likes all of his players to be adept in more than just one position . . . maybe Undav doesn't fulfil that criteria. Impossible to try to read our managers mind.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports