Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Deniz Undav - season long loan to Stuttgart confirmed

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I think assuming we have but an option to buy in this loan we have really f***ed up and tbh I thought that at the time too. Now a German international ffs 🤦🏻‍♂️

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
I think assuming we have but an option to buy in this loan we have really f***ed up and tbh I thought that at the time too. Now a German international ffs 🤦🏻‍♂️
Apparently the price on the option to buy is performance related so by doing so well Deniz may have made himself too expensive for Stuttgart to make the move permanent.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Apparently the price on the option to buy is performance related so by doing so well Deniz may have made himself too expensive for Stuttgart to make the move permanent.
Where’s that from? The Argus says we’ve implemented an option to buy - swear I read somewhere it was £15m but that could well be BS…

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
If we do manage to keep Undav I’d say we’re sorted for next season with attacking options. I’d almost go as far as saying it would mean we really only need 1 or 2 high quality CMs in the Summer if we don’t lose anyone. Possibly a pacy right back too and if Webster goes a CB replacement. But can really concentrate on that CM..

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Where's this information from? I'm quite surprised such detail would have been released.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Where’s that from? The Argus says we’ve implemented an option to buy - swear I read somewhere it was £15m but that could well be BS…

Where's this information from? I'm quite surprised such detail would have been released.

A few reports, implying the source is Bild a major German newspaper, have emerged over the last couple of months.

I agree. How we could of done with him this season with all the injuries and Ferguson being so out of form. Undav showed what he could do at back end of last season but suppose we couldn't stop him wanting more game time? Having said that, I'm sure he would have had plenty of game time with us!

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I agree. How we could have done with him this season with all the injuries and Ferguson being so out of form. Undav showed what he could do at back end of last season but suppose we couldn't stop him wanting more game time? Having said that, I'm sure he would have had plenty of game time with us!
I’m convinced that he wasn’t settled or homesick and that was a major part in us letting him go. I’m sure he missed a game for personal reasons too. I’m putting 2 and 2 together but it makes sense as surely we’d have kept him if we could / he was happy…?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone

I’m convinced that he wasn’t settled or homesick and that was a major part in us letting him go. I’m sure he missed a game for personal reasons too. I’m putting 2 and 2 together but it makes sense as surely we’d have kept him if we could / he was happy…?
Yes, but didn't he want to fight for his place when a possibility of loan move was suggested in Jan transfer window? Was it a Dutch club back then?

Comrade Sam

Comrade Sam
Jan 31, 2013
Walthamstow
It has been repeated many times that not only would scoring more directly increase is price, but also if his team keep doing so well and make the Champions League it increases further.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Yes, but didn't he want to fight for his place when a possibility of loan move was suggested in Jan transfer window? Was it a Dutch club back then?
Can’t remember Roy - you’re prob right mate 👍

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Big D and Sarmiento both would have added more than Fati. If RDZ’s own picks are anything to go by I wouldn’t let him near a signing again.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here