[Albion] Deluded Leeds (an EFL club) fans

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Charity Shield 1910

Jan 4, 2021
"Leeds are a bigger club than Brighton. It's just that they were a bigger club who were getting smaller crowds than Brighton when both were in The Championship together".

Always an amusing line when there is an overly excited Leeds fan in earshot. On the whole tho' Leeds fans are in my experience a good laugh and a knowledgeable lot. As ever it's a minority who forget to mind their p's & q's.

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
He’s not for sale. Why is that so difficult to grasp. And why would we accept £30m? Is there something in the water up there?

Every Leeds fan I talk to understand that.

They also wonder why some of us seem to be obsessed with a few of their fans that don't.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
How is this thread so long. Leeds should be proud of what they have achieved this season and to be honest one of few teams I put myself out to watch. Like him or not the managers only concern seems to be try and score more goals then opposition. We were one of very few teams who stopped them doing this. Reminds me of Man City manager who I remember saying how they spend very little time at training practising defence because you dont have to defend if you have the ball

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
How is this thread still going on, who gives a damn what a Leeds fan with 15 followers writes on twitter!

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
He’s not for sale. Why is that so difficult to grasp. And why would we accept £30m? Is there something in the water up there?

We decide what he’s worth [emoji3581]
If we bid we can get him [emoji3581]
He’s Leeds through and through [emoji3581]

[tweet]1357338417189638158[/tweet]

Hang on a minute, 'dom', you lot said that White was a quarter of the player he was when he was with you and that Potter had ruined him. Not to mention that his replacement was just as capable and recruited for a fraction of the price...

But now you're saying BW the answer to your prayers? Which is it?

Jog on, my friend. Jog. On. :lolol:

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Every Leeds fan I talk to understand that.

They also wonder why some of us seem to be obsessed with a few of their fans that don't.

Yep. Wouldn't be surprised if there's a thread somewhere on a Leeds forum about obsessed Brighton fans. :ffsparr:

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
This last month or so, with the #bhafc Twitter feed being filled with both the overly entitled bunch and the furiously whiny #PotterOUT fans, shows that every fanbase has it's idiots. Twitter does an excellent job of giving them more airtime than the merit.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
couldn't think where to post this as it is not really a dig at Leeds United fans.

I was just listening to talkshite again at work and they are banging on about Leeds being fantastic to watch, goals, goals, haven't they done well etc etc...

Is history just not repeating it's self again, this time last year the very same pundits were banging on about what a breath of fresh air Sheffield United are. goals, etc etc....

Seems to me, it's setting it's self up quite nicely for Leeds to plummet next season, or have I got it wrong, maybe they do have more money to push on next season.

I actually don't mind Leeds to be honest, they are a club you instantly think of being in the top tier, unlike Bournemouth, Wigan or even us to an extent...

oh no, what have I said.....

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Almost every year someone comes up and tries to play open football. They usually get away with it at first because teams underestimate them, but they figure it out by their second season. The history of the PL is littered with them, from Blackpool to Swansea to QPR. Basically the sort of pundits who only really care about the big 6 and the others are just there to make up the numbers expect every team which comes up to play Stoke-esque anti-football every week, so when someone doesn't they're shocked.

TugWilson

I gotta admit that I`m a little bit confused
Dec 8, 2020
Dorset
couldn't think where to post this as it is not really a dig at Leeds United fans.

I was just listening to talkshite again at work and they are banging on about Leeds being fantastic to watch, goals, goals, haven't they done well etc etc...

Is history just not repeating it's self again, this time last year the very same pundits were banging on about what a breath of fresh air Sheffield United are. goals, etc etc....

Seems to me, it's setting it's self up quite nicely for Leeds to plummet next season, or have I got it wrong, maybe they do have more money to push on next season.

I actually don't mind Leeds to be honest, they are a club you instantly think of being in the top tier, unlike Bournemouth, Wigan or even us to an extent...

Leeds remind me of the Harry Enfield character , " We are considerably richer , better , than yow " arrogant self righteous and a whole different level of obnoxious . An excuse for every loss , the ref the lino in our case this year the pitch ! . Their fans still live of past glories , and worse they still act like it`s the 70s , some of the most aggressive fans anywhere . You and i wouldn`t be proud of that , but they still wear it like a badge of honour , and imho it detracts from anything they achieve on the pitch .

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
All said, they are good to watch and have done much better than I expected, they are a welcome arrival to the PL imo

Not forgetting that neutrals are finding us an entertaining watch this season too

White Fan man

Oct 25, 2020
Most of your forum reckoned Leeds were going straight down at the start of the season.

Leeds are on an upward trajectory now. San Francisco 49'ers have invested £50m that will be used to develop the stadium, training ground. Everyone keeps banging on about how many goals we concede but both our CB signings have been injured as well as our backup CB so like Liverpool we have had 3 CBs injured for most of the season. This has left us playing two left-footed CB's which is far from ideal but it looks like we have found one.

Next season we will buy a left-back and a central midfield playmaker not to mention our crop of U23 players who top their league by 10 pts and play just as good attacking football as the first team.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012

Not sure if it was H&J you were listening too but, to be fair to Andy, he had them down to get beaten by the Arse at the weekend. Basically down to lose purely because the way they play could play into Arsenal's hands.

Considering they are Champions of Europe, personally I'd have expected them to be higher up the table, but maybe that's just me :wink:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports