[Albion] Deluded Leeds (an EFL club) fans

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
I agree.

As a sucker for mocking rivals myself, in the cold light of day, rather than worry about other clubs, and indeed shit the bed every time Brighton fail to win at home, I'm now trying to be phlegmatic and just enjoy the ride, in the hope (and with some confidence) that the club is being run by smart people who care about what they are doing. I realise that this is not what football is all about for many (going ****ing mental and dining out for days when we get one over a rival, the failure of others being even sweeter than our own success, etc.) but, each to his own.

As an aside, scapgoating our own players and manager every time we don't win is the epitome of tinpottery as far as I'm concerned. Potter in, tinpotters OUT!!!

Of course it is much easier to be sanguine, snooty, paotonising, smug even, the day after the Albion have dished out another masterclass :lolol:

I've been like that since we joined the Prem. Never any point in letting a team selection/result stress you out. :thumbsup:

daveinplzen

Aug 31, 2018
I've just watched a Leeds review on youtube. Yesterday was our 'cup final' apparently. Who knew?

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
We were “clearly taking the piss with our asking price”

What asking price?

Good as he was today, Brighton were clearly taking the piss with his asking price and would have taken us for £50m if we'd let them.

I'm glad the club were responsible, stuck to their maximum price and walked away when it was getting out of hand.

https://ibb.co/0XNwVp4

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
What amazed me about Leeds yesterday was how simply moving a high press back into the middle of the park completely stopped them playing. Bielsa had no answer for it and there will now be a lot of managers looking at that and setting their teams up the same way.

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
What amazed me about Leeds yesterday was how simply moving a high press back into the middle of the park completely stopped them playing. Bielsa had no answer for it and there will now be a lot of managers looking at that and setting their teams up the same way.

I think the commentator yesterday remarked how West Ham and Wolves had done the same thing, and both come away with victories. I think the pitch also had a part to play (for us) - we seemed to master it much better...and Leeds' decision to put the sprinklers on at half time was bizarre. Also, for some strange reason, Leeds didn't really target our left side - almost all of their attacks seemed to go down our right.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I think the commentator yesterday remarked how West Ham and Wolves had done the same thing, and both come away with victories. I think the pitch also had a part to play (for us) - we seemed to master it much better...and Leeds' decision to put the sprinklers on at half time was bizarre. Also, for some strange reason, Leeds didn't really target our left side - almost all of their attacks seemed to go down our right.

Maybe there was a benefit from having played on ploughed field last weekend?

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011

I honestly think Leeds have been found out a bit now.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I never understand the 'Teams like Brighton' thing. It's as if opposition fans are unable to comprehend that they are diminishing their own team's performance even more than just by losing.

Did you not see the comments on here after the draw with Sheffield United. It’s a bit Pot, Kettle, Black isn’t it? All fans have this attitude to a degree.

SimpKingpin

See the match?
Aug 8, 2020
Worthing -> NYC
It's almost as if he didn't win Championship player of the month for August 2019, his first month with Leeds...

Yep. It's very easy to find their tweets from before and after his debut.

They had no clue who he was (often leveled at us) and they were completely surprised at how good he was.

He's been developing his trade since he was a kid. 23yrs in the making. But "nah, Bielsa made him". It's ridiculous.
(he even states that, on a Leeds podcast, he's just doing what he always did, but better)

They are a hive mind...except the fair weather fans are starting to disappear.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports