Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Deluded Leeds (an EFL club) fans

DonRevie

Aug 19, 2020
Leeds
THats exactly what I thought when he was talking.......what do you want? should I film all conversations like a 15 year old? thats not going to happen so do one.

You dont have to believe it....but as Max Boyce said ....I WAS THERE.

54FF500A-CFF0-4853-AF7B-F684EEDC8FBA.jpeg

DonRevie

Aug 19, 2020
Leeds
er.....no.....actually this is precisely the narrative that a poor deluded Leeds supporting friend of mine regularly sprouts.....

So you think we’ve got lucky too eh and we’re going down? that’s delusion right there. I’d say we’ve been unlucky not to get anything from the Liverpool game and arguably should have had all 3 points against Citeh. We’ve gone at both of them, dominating possession and more than holding our own. At least we’ll be having a go playing attacking football this season, trying to win every game we play. We don’t sit back and hold out for a point. I’m just getting a bit concerned that the media is starting to say we’re everyone’s ‘2nd team’ **** that, I’m much more content being Dirty Leeds and hated.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
So you think we’ve got lucky too eh and we’re going down? that’s delusion right there. I’d say we’ve been unlucky not to get anything from the Liverpool game and arguably should have had all 3 points against Citeh. We’ve gone at both of them, dominating possession and more than holding our own. At least we’ll be having a go playing attacking football this season, trying to win every game we play. We don’t sit back and hold out for a point. I’m just getting a bit concerned that the media is starting to say we’re everyone’s ‘2nd team’ **** that, I’m much more content being Dirty Leeds and hated.

Don't worry, there won't be many on here, if any, who will have Leeds as their "second team" (wtf is that about anyway???). You can safely assume you are Dirty Leeds and, as appropriate, hated.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Oh dear, oh dear. :facepalm:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

No problem, I think you’ll find we are now everyone’s second team. :wink:

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
My only care for Leeds is that they are in an season acca of mine, to be relegated. I think it's actually a long shot (mainly as Fulham & West Brom look like leaving only one spot) but it would be funny + bonus money coming in. Odds were to good to resist.

DonRevie

Aug 19, 2020
Leeds
My only care for Leeds is that they are in an season acca of mine, to be relegated. I think it's actually a long shot (mainly as Fulham & West Brom look like leaving only one spot) but it would be funny + bonus money coming in. Odds were to good to resist.

I’ve seen enough already to confidently think we ain’t going down.

SimpKingpin

See the match?
Aug 8, 2020
Worthing -> NYC
I met a real life one today in a shop, bloke probably in his 50's
He had a Leeds Utd facemask on so I jokinly asked if he was a leeds fan!!!!! started by tellinh him they were lucky so far this season and I thought they would go down....

He then told me he seriously thought they would finish top 6 !!!!!!!! REALLY???? So without telling him who I supported I asked about Ben White his very words were 'BIELSA made him' and he was a nobody before last season and he will go backwards under Potter!!!!!.

I then revealed I was a season ticket holder at the AMEX....off he went telling me how we were holding White back and how he wanted to go to Leeds....luckily the wife returned and saved me!!!!!

So they are not just on Twitter/Facebook they are real living breathing people.

They are 100% real. My brother's father-in-law is a Leeds fan.

Nice people but, like so many, they all have the same 10 talking points - and none of those talking points hold up to scrutiny. Just soundbites or good for conversation I guess...

Most of them live happily in their own little bubble.
The clickbait media and personalities like Noel Whelan are all too aware of this and make a living telling them what they want to hear. Exacerbating all the bullsh1t.

I have met a few on twitter who can think for themselves and us logic and reason. But they keep their heads down because the social media mob is too painful to disagree with.

Last edited:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I’ve seen enough already to confidently think we ain’t going down.

No denying you have started well, but it’s a long season. We’ll see if you have the depth once injuries and suspensions bite.

Murray 17

Jul 6, 2003
I’m much more content being Dirty Leeds and hated.

I was chatting to an arrogant Leeds fan on FB. He was calling us a tin-pot club etc, etc. I said to him that if the Leeds fans showed a bit more humility, they might find people liking them more. He replied that you like being hated.

Why would anybody want to be hated?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

DonRevie

Aug 19, 2020
Leeds
I was chatting to an arrogant Leeds fan on FB. He was calling us a tin-pot club etc, etc. I said to him that if the Leeds fans showed a bit more humility, they might find people liking them more. He replied that you like being hated.

Why would anybody want to be hated?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

I’m in my 40’s and from day one I’ve been aware that we were hated. I’m sure most people don’t even know why they hate us it’s just what everyone seems to do. I spoke to a few young lads in London when I was down there the other month and asked them why they hated us. They didn’t actually have a reason other than it was just the ‘we all hate Leeds scum’ song they’d sang whilst at games.

It makes us who we are tho I guess, it’s an ‘us against the world’ attitude and I wouldn’t want that to change one little bit. I don’t personally care if people want to hate us, I’d much sooner that than be irrelevant.

DonRevie

Aug 19, 2020
Leeds
No denying you have started well, but it’s a long season. We’ll see if you have the depth once injuries and suspensions bite.

Defence was the worry in needing to replace White but I think we’ve added real quality in there now. Koch looks excellent and an absolute bargain considering the value talked about for White. A German international for a 3rd of the price. Llorente too, although we haven’t seen him in Leeds shirt yet he looked quality for Spain the other night. The other additions we’ve made look to be excellent business too, the only place I can see us being a bit light now is in midfield, we need an alternative to Hernandez but we may yet see that next week.

I think we’ve got more than enough to stay up comfortably, throw in the fact we’ve got a genius in Bielsa at the helm and I just don’t see us being relegated. As mentioned above Fulham and West Brom look nailed on to go back down so it one other place, Sheff Utd will struggle this season I think, if Brewster doesn’t start scoring goals and quick they don’t seem to have goals anywhere else in the team.

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
I’m in my 40’s and from day one I’ve been aware that we were hated. I’m sure most people don’t even know why they hate us it’s just what everyone seems to do. I spoke to a few young lads in London when I was down there the other month and asked them why they hated us. They didn’t actually have a reason other than it was just the ‘we all hate Leeds scum’ song they’d sang whilst at games.

It makes us who we are tho I guess, it’s an ‘us against the world’ attitude and I wouldn’t want that to change one little bit. I don’t personally care if people want to hate us, I’d much sooner that than be irrelevant.

Well. The fact that you are here spouting cr@p and giving it billy-big-b*llocks might be one of the main reasons people hate you. Or perhaps you are equally loathsome in person and it saves time by hating you before meeting you.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
One of my (former) colleagues is Leeds born and bred.....has been messaging me regularly over the last couple of weeks. Narrative is basically that Bielsa will take them to at least a Europa League place this season, and then ‘kick on from there’ to be ‘back where we belong’.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here