[Albion] Deluded Leeds (an EFL club) fans

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
[tweet]1310135080598278145[/tweet]

They were always going to pounce on any mistake by Ben and blame it on Potters coaching. In reality (where no Leeds fan actually lives) its just an example of how being able to defend against Lewis Grabban and Nahki Wells is no real preparation for when you face top premier league strikers. Ben will learn from it and be a better player for it. Plus lets face it watching MOTD never tells the whole story.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
He was turned inside out by Rashford, twice and ended up on his arse both times, for the goal I guess that’s what they are alluding to?

He made Dunk look a mug at England training too. Rashford is quality and I very nearly applauded that goal yesterday, world class imo.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
He was turned inside out by Rashford, twice and ended up on his arse both times, for the goal I guess that’s what they are alluding to?

He made Dunk look a mug at England training too. Rashford is quality and I very nearly applauded that goal yesterday, world class imo.

Dunk was ordinary yesterday, on that goal his position is poor, he has to go towards Rashford, all minutiae but when Rashford finally shoots he 4-5 yards away, with Webster covering the other side.

The worst thing was to leave ourselves so open, when we were attacking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX

No ones mentioned that Rashfords shot took a HUGE deflection off lunging Lewis Dunk leg.....could have gone anywhere, but no with our luck yesterday it flew in the net. Great play by Rashford though.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton

Exactly, Rashford is verging on world class if not already.

This is exactly what we were saying to Leeds fans who were proclaiming Ben White the next England captain etc.

The gulf is utterly unfathomable. You don’t get close to the same calibre of strikers in the Championship. Despite our great play yesterday it’s very clear how lethal and clinical Martial and Rashford can be when they link up.

No doubt Ben will learn from it and improve, but there may be patience required at times.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Exactly, Rashford is verging on world class if not already.

This is exactly what we were saying to Leeds fans who were proclaiming Ben White the next England captain etc.

The gulf is utterly unfathomable. You don’t get close to the same calibre of strikers in the Championship. Despite our great play yesterday it’s very clear how lethal and clinical Martial and Rashford can be when they link up.

No doubt Ben will learn from it and improve, but there may be patience required at times.

A few of theirs genuinely thinking top 6-8 now they have second win. Its laughable. Rodrigo looks bang average at the figures paid for him, today he came on as a half time sub, the subbed off with no injury.

They did play well and had a go at Liverpool, against Fulham it was keystone cops defending, like an U8's kids match, today they just edged a close game with little in it.

Definitely bottom half, still think it will be bottom 6-8 once they've ad their arses served to them by the top clubs.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Another win for them today. Will definitely finish top half. Good side.

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
A few of theirs genuinely thinking top 6-8 now they have second win. Its laughable. Rodrigo looks bang average at the figures paid for him, today he came on as a half time sub, the subbed off with no injury.

They did play well and had a go at Liverpool, against Fulham it was keystone cops defending, like an U8's kids match, today they just edged a close game with little in it.

Definitely bottom half, still think it will be bottom 6-8 once they've ad their arses served to them by the top clubs.

I still think bottom half. So far they've played Liverpool. Big exciting day out back with the big boys and Bielsa is the type to have a go, then Fulham (championship face off) and Sheffield utd whose second season syndrome seemed to kick in at the start of project restart.
Don't think much can be read into their results so far. White for me had another decent game yesterday and doesn't seem out of place but will make mistakes here as he would have done at Leeds

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Closet Leeds fan, changed allegiance from them to us I believe, the delusion about Leeds has stayed with Harry though :wink:

:lolol:

And the (endless tedious threads about the) whites go marching on, on, on.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Hope you aren't driving home tonight Harry, as you're clearly 5hitfaced :kiss:

Some people struggle with irony, innit.

I've just been whooshed, haven't I? ???

I hope I have.

:lolol:

Nameless

Jul 7, 2020
They've done well to be fair but they could have easily lost today. I think they'll stay up but top 8 is daft they've played a Liverpool side who weren't at it and two fellow relegation candidates. It's a long season.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
I have enjoyed this thread throughout the Ben White years - it is years isn't it? It's given me a good few chuckles. The Hayden Roberts interest may re-ignite it it but, in the meantime, the fact that I have not developed any interest in where Leeds finish only goes to show it was just a good laugh. We all enjoyed mocking their fans, media and ex-players for being completely deluded idiots, but now that's done I really couldn't care where they finish. I only care where we finish and hope for three worse teams than us, it doesn't matter which three. Naturally I hope we are nearer our aspiration of top 10 than fourth from bottom, but where Leeds finish is otherwise of no consequence. It does look as if we might enjoy the ride a bit more this season.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
No ones mentioned that Rashfords shot took a HUGE deflection off lunging Lewis Dunk leg.....could have gone anywhere, but no with our luck yesterday it flew in the net. Great play by Rashford though.

different angle but there was a deflection off a manure player in first half and it went straight into the keepers hands....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports