Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Deluded Leeds (an EFL club) fans

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
I dont think Leeds will be an utter car crash but i think they will find it harder than they imagined. If Liverpool thrash them they will have a quick short sharp reality check, having said that if they caught the scousers off guard they may salvage something and their fans would be unbearable. Every one knows for sure if the likes of Liverpool, City ect start well and play like they can Leeds will be in some very uncomfortable games. We know what its like dont we?

It will all depend on the next couple of weeks.

Outside their own delusions, they are not that attractive to players as a newly promoted club and whilst they will argue that Bielsa makes them more desirable, his lack of contract makes them them less not more....... even if he signs for one more year, that's just one year from a manager, who wants you as a player, before he may walk and a potential new one. All this instability in a newly promoted club.

Their best hope is to get some people to sign before the season kicks off, for once it does and they get their arse handed to them on a plate at Anfiield, a couple more poor results before the window closes, (inevitable without reinforcements), they will be in the shit, nobody will want to come, Bielsa wont be there by January if not earlier and it will be a joy to watch the delusions shatter at the altar of reality.

Everything depends on their recruitment, or lack thereof, in the next few weeks.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
I dont think Leeds will be an utter car crash but i think they will find it harder than they imagined. If Liverpool thrash them they will have a quick short sharp reality check, having said that if they caught the scousers off guard they may salvage something and their fans would be unbearable. Every one knows for sure if the likes of Liverpool, City ect start well and play like they can Leeds will be in some very uncomfortable games. We know what its like dont we?

Who the hell are City ect, really makes no sense sorry.

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
I think it means that more people are prepared to bet on Leeds compared to Brighton, which is unsurprising, given the utter delusion shown by so many of them.

:lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol:

on top of everything else, they're gonna lose their shirts as well

'tis a very joy to be alive!

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
It will all depend on the next couple of weeks.

Outside their own delusions, they are not that attractive to players as a newly promoted club and whilst they will argue that Bielsa makes them more desirable, his lack of contract makes them them less not more....... even if he signs for one more year, that's just one year from a manager, who wants you as a player, before he may walk and a potential new one. All this instability in a newly promoted club.

Their best hope is to get some people to sign before the season kicks off, for once it does and they get their arse handed to them on a plate at Anfiield, a couple more poor results before the window closes, (inevitable without reinforcements), they will be in the shit, nobody will want to come, Bielsa wont be there by January if not earlier and it will be a joy to watch the delusions shatter at the altar of reality.

Everything depends on their recruitment, or lack thereof, in the next few weeks.

i'm choking back the tears here, please stop

SimpKingpin

See the match?
Aug 8, 2020
Worthing -> NYC
Lol they are coming at me now for a #FreeBielsa tweet I made a week ago as satire.

But I don't think they understand what "ratioed" actually is on twitter. Bless 'em.

Must have started on Wacko I guess.

I've invited them to actually ratio me properly. Should keep 'em busy.

[tweet]1297135874942132224[/tweet]

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
I know it’s difficult, in between seasons and all that, with not a lot else going on, but do you think we may just be spending too much time talking about Leeds - makes them feel important.

default_FOTC.png

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
So all weekend for Leeds and Bielsa to just do the formalities with his contract but he will probably be too focused on how he's going to set the cones out for Monday's training, still not signed a contract...seems to me he's deliberately stalling and waiting to see what transfer business Leeds do first. I can't imagine he's been impressed so far as they've signed no one of note including Bielsa's no.1 target White. Squeaky bum time already up at Leeds. Meanwhile the hierarchy at Leeds are so petrified of him walking away they are walking on egg shells around the subject. It seems Leeds went all in for promotion to the PL but didn't really have a plan for when they got there.

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
Funny I woke up this morning with ideas for a remix using the original from this bloke.

Think I'll work on that tonight. Should be pretty funny.

Original: [tweet]1292565031108968448[/tweet]

EDIT: the original is better but only because it's using existing music. The new one is BAAAAAAAD. Shows how bad that lad is at making music.

Comment from that tweet. :p:p

[tweet]1292754037440417793[/tweet]

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
So all weekend for Leeds and Bielsa to just do the formalities with his contract but he will probably be too focused on how he's going to set the cones out for Monday's training, still not signed a contract...seems to me he's deliberately stalling and waiting to see what transfer business Leeds do first. I can't imagine he's been impressed so far as they've signed no one of note including Bielsa's no.1 target White. Squeaky bum time already up at Leeds. Meanwhile the hierarchy at Leeds are so petrified of him walking away they are walking on egg shells around the subject. It seems Leeds went all in for promotion to the PL but didn't really have a plan for when they got there.
A bit like Johnson and Gove when they realised that them backing Brexit had actually worked.

"Oh shit, what do we do now?!"

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
New scenario...

Leeds struggle in the transfer market and start the season with a poor run of results, Bielsa still hasn't signed his contract and is known to not be happy with the transfer business. They get desperate, and on the final day of the transfer window they offer Brighton a ridiculous sum for White (60-80m). Brighton relent and grant them permission to discuss terms with Ben.

However, in that time, Ben has started every game for Brighton, settling in well, upsets against Chelsea and Man U, have us soaring up the table. Southgate has mentioned considering him following his performances in the Brighton team. Getting to train every day with Aaron and the rest of the team. The story is leeds in free fall, rude awakening, struggle down at the bottom, already adrift. Ben says 'thanks, no thanks. I enjoyed my time there, but I've settle back home, things are going well here, with a generous contract on the table, I think I'll stay.

Having made their generous offer so public, when they look elsewhere in the final hours of the window, other teams are asking too much and Leeds fail to sign anyone. Bielsa walks. Michael Appleton gets the gig.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
I agree having worked there myself. I got pelters in 83, sneeringly told we’d never beat Liverpool etc.
Funnily enough, once it got to the final, because it was Man Utd, my colleagues actually wanted us to win!

Bradford, Huddersfield, both Sheffield teams, Barnsley and Halifax (who were still in the league then) colleagues ignored them for the most part as arrogant fools. Only one team in Yorkshire was their mantra!

Ha! That'll teach them!

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Lol they are coming at me now for a #FreeBielsa tweet I made a week ago as satire.

But I don't think they understand what "ratioed" actually is on twitter. Bless 'em.

Must have started on Wacko I guess.

I've invited them to actually ratio me properly. Should keep 'em busy.

[tweet]1297135874942132224[/tweet]

leeds.jpg

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Teams like Liverpool, Manchester City and other teams that are a league above the also rans
:lolol:

No ect makes no sense it's etc as in shortened version of Et cetera

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here