Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Deluded Leeds (an EFL club) fans

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Anybody know about employment law? Bielsa is out of contract but still working on Leeds property ie training ground etc. Is he actually insured to do so without signing a new one?

Someone get in touch with the home office [emoji3513] deport the Bucketman.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
You can place as much or little importance on experience as you want, but I think Rosenior, Sidwell and Murray were so important to settling the side that first PL season, obviously Hughton played effective pragmatic football too and had good knowledge of the league. Right now WBA and Fulham have much more proven PL quality than their northern co-promotees.

absolutely, those players werent glamorus but were really important pros to steady the team. then a sprinkling of players with tier one experience abroad (Ryan, Gross, Propper). Hughton knew what he was doing, setting out a team squad that could be hold its own.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
They don’t have anywhere near the level of players to play 70% possession football in the premier league, I can genuinely see them struggling massively next season. It’s all very well getting promoted playing possession dominant football like that but they will find out very quickly they can’t do that at this level.

I genuinely can’t wait, the delusion of the numpties coming down to Earth with a crash, bang and wallop will be oh so sweet, they strike me as the sort that might even over take arsenal in their twitter clown behaviour.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
They don’t have anywhere near the level of players to play 70% possession football in the premier league, I can genuinely see them struggling massively next season. It’s all very well getting promoted playing possession dominant football like that but they will find out very quickly they can’t do that at this level.

I genuinely can’t wait, the delusion of the numpties coming down to Earth with a crash, bang and wallop will be oh so sweet, they strike me as the sort that might even over take arsenal in their twitter clown behaviour.

Exactly. Much better defenders and pace to murder them on the counter at this level. You need quality and real pace throughout the team to play pressing football in the PL.

Didn’t Leeds end up chasing quite a few games last season? The more they chase in the PL the bigger the defeat against most teams.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Having spent more time than I would have liked in Leeds for work I soon realised that conspiracy theories, friend of a friend stories and a general malcontented attitude is the glue that holds the city together.

They genuinely believe that they are a chosen people. I’m not a Liverpool lover but would absolutely LOVE them to give Leeds a leathering they’ll never forget. Some of their fans are starting to realise they’re on their last cigarette with their makeshift defence and underwhelming forwards. Roll on opening day. Let the games commence.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
One thing I don’t understand is that White shouldn’t put in a transfer request, if he is so intent of leaving. The perceived wisdom from Leeds fans is that he wouldn’t want to get a reputation as a handful to manage.
Is it me being thick, or does this mean that Leeds wouldn’t be expecting him to stay for very long. If they did sing him, and gave him a 4 year deal, and he did become the World superstar, would any team worry about a transfer request 4 years previous?

Or are they planning their usual scenario, get a young player, and as soon as he becomes decent, flog him to Manchester United.

s5.bha

Aug 3, 2003
Worst analogy ever.

Try this one for size.

Ben, a happily married man, is sent away to work by his firm,and, while away he meets an attractive older woman. She’s not much to look at now, but, was obviously, quite a looker some years ago, and young Ben has a fantastic time. He gets adoration from this old girl, and she gets her act together under his influence and gets her life back on track. At the end of his work placement, he waves a wistful farewell to his temporary wife, and returns to the marital home, happy to be back with his childhood sweetheart.

The old slapper from his work placement can’t accept its over, and try’s repeatedly to entice Ben back to her side, with more and more desperate measures, including, pleading with him to divorce his young, very attractive wife.
In the end, Mrs Ben has to put the old slapper right, and explain that , although Ben had a ball with her, it was only ever going to be a brief fling , and that he was home to stay now.

Leeds United, the bunny boiler of English football.
Brilliant!

Sent from my AGS-W09 using Tapatalk

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
One thing I don’t understand is that White shouldn’t put in a transfer request, if he is so intent of leaving. The perceived wisdom from Leeds fans is that he wouldn’t want to get a reputation as a handful to manage.
Is it me being thick, or does this mean that Leeds wouldn’t be expecting him to stay for very long. If they did sing him, and gave him a 4 year deal, and he did become the World superstar, would any team worry about a transfer request 4 years previous?

Or are they planning their usual scenario, get a young player, and as soon as he becomes decent, flog him to Manchester United.

they are just trying to reconcile the fact he wants to join them, with the fact he hasnt put in a request.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Come on you Spurs..

[tweet]1297112414270427137[/tweet]

Easy Leeds win then. Only the top 4 champions league teams are a more attractive proposition in the PL,

If Koch doesnt get that, then quite frankly he's a c*ck.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Don't know why people are singling out that opening game against Liverpool. Leeds fan I've spoken to in a Facebook group reckons they'll be giving Liverpool the runaround. Was prepared to go as far as "on paper, Liverpool just shade it as favourites".

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Just watching a YouTube video of a guy who watches a lot of German Football and his view of is Koch is he's better as a DM than a CB.

This is the player they are getting excited about as a White replacement.

They'll be going into the new season with Cooper and a DM as their centre back pairing. :lolol:

SimpKingpin

See the match?
Aug 8, 2020
Worthing -> NYC
They’ve actually produced this track now? Should have stuck with the original.

Oh dear.

https://youtu.be/-q4_6i3iFMY

[youtube]-q4_6i3iFMY[/youtube]

Funny I woke up this morning with ideas for a remix using the original from this bloke.

Think I'll work on that tonight. Should be pretty funny.

Original: [tweet]1292565031108968448[/tweet]

EDIT: the original is better but only because it's using existing music. The new one is BAAAAAAAD. Shows how bad that lad is at making music.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
I'm not sure delusion covers it any more. I'm seeing mental illness. Maybe its a subconscious distraction from COVID 'fever'?

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
I never realised Leeds fan were this bad.

They need a serious reality check, and this year will probably give it to them.

Bielsa gone by Christmas.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here