Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Deluded Leeds (an EFL club) fans

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Anybody know about employment law? Bielsa is out of contract but still working on Leeds property ie training ground etc. Is he actually insured to do so without signing a new one?

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Anybody know about employment law? Bielsa is out of contract but still working on Leeds property ie training ground etc. Is he actually insured to do so without signing a new one?

Its most likely that he has a rolling contract until he signs/doesn't sign a new one.

227 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Findon Valley, Worthing
Bless me moderators, for I have sinned: I gave in and looked at the Leeds message boards. What a load of ill-informed nonsense, especially the rubbish about us holding them to ransom. And the ones about us putting a £50m price on BW. None of their contributors can seem to accept that we don't want to sell and there's nothing more complex or sinister behind it than that. Do we seem as deluded to other fans as they do to us?

Really, nobody (or almost nobody) knows anything and we'd all do well to stay off all social media and ignore everything except actual signings. But we won't, of course, and I include me.
I went one step further for my sins - I registered on waccoe and actually tried to (politely) answer some of their posts and correct the facts that they completely don’t have any grasp of.

Deluded is not the word! They are on another level! Every thing I said got twisted and turned back on me. They have absolutely no interest in facts like he’s been loaned out 3 times (rather than be discovered by Bielsa from our u23 last summer) and even back at Newport 3 years ago their manager tipped him as a future Prem/England star and that we were well aware of him over the 6 years he’d been here (they seem to think none of us had heard of Ben until recently)

The classic was that Bloom is a Johnny come lately who has just jumped onto the premier league merry go round and will soon get bored of his new toy and we will topple down the leagues (when I pointed out he’s a lifelong fan who’s family have been on our board the best part of 40 years I got an absolute dogs abuse)
I tried my best to stay calm and give polite factual response to which I got a barrage of f***ing c***, f*** off and their usual homophobic crap and then they promptly banned me before I could make a reply! No once did I say anything other than facts, but seemingly stating facts is worthy of a ban

Seaber

Oct 20, 2010
Wales
In our first PL season we had Murray (52 apps), Krul (157 apps), Knockaert (9 apps), Duffy (5 apps), Sidwell (185 apps), Rosenior (138 apps) and Ulloa (86 apps) from Jan, as well as Hughton who all had Premier League experience.

Leeds PL experience is currently Cooper (2 apps), Roberts (1 app), 35 year old Hernandez (57 apps), a season each for Costa (25 apps) and Forshaw (34 apps), and Bamford (27 apps for four clubs, 1 goal) as well as a coach yet to commit to the club who hasn't managed in this league before.

You can place as much or little importance on experience as you want, but I think Rosenior, Sidwell and Murray were so important to settling the side that first PL season, obviously Hughton played effective pragmatic football too and had good knowledge of the league. Right now WBA and Fulham have much more proven PL quality than their northern co-promotees.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I went one step further for my sins - I registered on waccoe and actually tried to (politely) answer some of their posts and correct the facts that they completely don’t have any grasp of.
Deluded is not the word! They are on another level! Every thing I said got twisted and turned back on me. They have absolutely no interest in facts like he’s been loaned out 3 times (rather than be discovered by Bielsa from our u23 last summer) and even back at Newport 3 years ago their manager tipped him as a future
Prem/England star and that we were well aware of him over the 6 years he’d been here (they seem to think none of us had heard of Ben until recently)
The classic was that Bloom is a Johnny come lately who has just jumped onto the premier league merry go round and will soon get bored of his new toy and we will topple down the leagues (when I pointed out he’s a lifelong fan who’s family have been on our board the best part of 40 years I got an absolute dogs abuse)
I tried my best to stay calm and give polite factual response to which I got a barrage of f***ing c***, f*** off and their usual homophobic crap and then they promptly banned me before I could make a reply! No once did I say anything other than facts, but seemingly stating facts is worthy of a ban🤣🤣

Pesky things, those facts.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Maybe although most reports I’ve read is that he signed a one year contract.

Yep. But its not difficult to set up a weekly/monthly rolling or short term interim contract when that year is up.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Having spent more time than I would have liked in Leeds for work I soon realised that conspiracy theories, friend of a friend stories and a general malcontented attitude is the glue that holds the city together.

They genuinely believe that they are a chosen people. I’m not a Liverpool lover but would absolutely LOVE them to give Leeds a leathering they’ll never forget. Some of their fans are starting to realise they’re on their last cigarette with their makeshift defence and underwhelming forwards. Roll on opening day. Let the games commence.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Having spent more time than I would have liked in Leeds for work I soon realised that conspiracy theories, friend of a friend stories and a general malcontented attitude is the glue that holds the city together.

They genuinely believe that they are a chosen people. I’m not a Liverpool lover but would absolutely LOVE them to give Leeds a leathering they’ll never forget. Some of their fans are starting to realise they’re on their last cigarette with their makeshift defence and underwhelming forwards. Roll on opening day. Let the games commence.

I agree having worked there myself. I got pelters in 83, sneeringly told we’d never beat Liverpool etc.
Funnily enough, once it got to the final, because it was Man Utd, my colleagues actually wanted us to win!

Bradford, Huddersfield, both Sheffield teams, Barnsley and Halifax (who were still in the league then) colleagues ignored them for the most part as arrogant fools. Only one team in Yorkshire was their mantra!

albionfan37

Aug 14, 2014
What’s it called? Cumbernauld
58E1E3E7-3DBC-4EC0-B5FE-6FB3123A5FCE.png winding up Leeds fans that big United want Koch now to cover maguires indiscretions priceless hehe

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
We will “come running” back to Leeds to get their £25m.

Suuuuuuure buddy.

Or, crazy theory... he’s not for sale. Nah, can’t be that.

[tweet]1297043404153643010[/tweet]

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here