Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Deluded Leeds (an EFL club) fans

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
I think maybe you guys need to get your story straight.

Bielsa can be a no mark, who has achieved nothing as a manager, is totally overrated, not famous even in Argentina, won little of consequence because no top club would ever employ him, just insignificant little Leeds

OR

He could be on his way to manage Barcelona because a job little old Leeds can't possibly be of interest once a true giant of world club football pick up the phone

But he can't be both.

Because if he were as cr@p as many of you maintain, why would Barcelona, who can tempt any manager in the world to join them, be remotely interested?

**** me, Killer Bore. Are you still here?

jessiejames

Never late in a V8
Jan 20, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
That Phil Bay who writes for the athletic is just as deluded as the Leeds fans. He has a pod cast, tonight he said that if White signs a contract extension at Brighton, then that might make it harder for Leeds to sign him. No shit Sherlock.

Oh and by the way, Bielsa is staying with Leeds, he has been spotted walking down the street with the new Leeds tracksuit on. I might buy a Leeds tracksuit and hand in my notice with my current employer, as I will be the replacement for the guy who went to manage Huddersfield.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Well actually, that's my point. As I said, until he turned up at Leeds, I had no awareness of Bielsa at all. He may have managed in top divisions, but winning anything has been conspicuous by it's absence along with any discernible worldwide profile. I hadn't even noticed him at Leeds till spygate. Had you heard of him before he joined Leeds?

I, like you had never heard of him. The more you hear and read about him he appears to be a tad unhinged and odd. He must be a nightmare to manage from boardroom level as you'll never be sure what's going on in his head.

Really feel if the kitchen gets too hot he just packs his bin and disappears. I would always have that in my mind if was a Leeds fan. You could never mould you club philosophy around him or have a structure like we do. It's success built on sand.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009

Bielsa can be a no mark, who has achieved nothing as a manager, is totally overrated, not famous even in Argentina, won little of consequence because no top club would ever employ him, just insignificant little Leeds

OR

He could be on his way to manage Barcelona because a job little old Leeds can't possibly be of interest once a true giant of world club football pick up the phone

But he can't be both.

Because if he were as cr@p as many of you maintain, why would Barcelona, who can tempt any manager in the world to join them, be remotely interested?

the truth in the real world is somewhere in the middle, hes flopped and failed as often as he's succeeded, he proved with Newells and with you hes not as shit as he was at Lille. But you are putting him on a pedestal and revering him with God like status and that he's one of the best ever, when the reality is his career is chequered, a mix of success and failure and his CV is not as spectacular as you claim.

He has done great at Leeds, aided by a bunch of other cubs players, nobody suggests otherwise. But his actual CV in the real world, outside your deluded bubble isn't anywhere as impressive as your hyperbole.

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
I was watching this with my daughter and this scene kind of reminded me of this thread. Leeds fans the delusional dog, Brighton fans taking the, pee cats.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
until he turned up at Leeds, I had no awareness of Bielsa at all. He may have managed in top divisions, but winning anything has been conspicuous by it's absence along with any discernible worldwide profile.

I, like you had never heard of him..

I find this strange - he was a pretty big name in world football before he turned up at Leeds, it was seen as something of a coup to get him. You don't get unknowns managing the likes of Argentina, Roma and Marseille.

For all the banter about Leeds, no-one can deny that he's an impressive manager

SimpKingpin

See the match?
Aug 8, 2020
Worthing -> NYC
That Phil Bay who writes for the athletic is just as deluded as the Leeds fans. He has a pod cast, tonight he said that if White signs a contract extension at Brighton, then that might make it harder for Leeds to sign him. No shit Sherlock.

Oh and by the way, Bielsa is staying with Leeds, he has been spotted walking down the street with the new Leeds tracksuit on. I might buy a Leeds tracksuit and hand in my notice with my current employer, as I will be the replacement for the guy who went to manage Huddersfield.

These days it's all about clout chasing (clickbait and followers) and telling people what they want to hear.

There isn't a person in the Leeds media or Leeds Utd boardroom who want to say anything negative that will get them "cancelled" by the Leeds fans.

One of my favourite quotes is "Either you deal with what is the reality, or you can be sure that the reality is going to deal with you." - Alex Haley

This Phil Bay bloke makes a lot of shit up as far as I can tell.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Surely after tonight, Barca's aim will just be to find 3 worse teams than them in La Liga next year? Worrying for them though I'm not seeing Potter's name on the list...have I missed something or do I just need a bigger screen?

Either way, with or without Potter's magic, there's little doubt their scouts will be rocking up at Lancing on Monday to run the rule over all of your 27 world class "Made in Brighton" centre backs

Funny as it obviously seems, Barcelona actually have been scouting one of our academy players this season. He’s not a centre back though.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann

OR

But he can't be both.

Because if he were as
cr@p as many of you maintain, why would Barcelona, who can tempt any manager in the world to join them, be remotely interested?

crap

Edit: What a shit swear filter!

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Can’t stand the deluded Leeds fans at the moment and they deserve all the stick they’re getting but I can’t be doing with the Bielsa bashing. He is brilliant. One of the most innovative and important managers/coaches in world football in recent years.

But White was already quality before Leeds. He’s just progressed as we expected he would after a season in the championship. No magic from Bielsa there.

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...
Can’t stand the deluded Leeds fans at the moment and they deserve all the stick they’re getting but I can’t be doing with the Bielsa bashing. He is brilliant. One of the most innovative and important managers/coaches in world football in recent years.

But White was already quality before Leeds. He’s just progressed as we expected he would after a season in the championship. No magic from Bielsa there.

this, there's lots of areas to bash leeds on (delusional, vile fanbase, appalling squad etc.), but their manager isn't one of those. he's quality.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Would Barca come for Bielsa in an attempt to keep Messi happy ?

A genuine question.i have nothing against Leeds, the premier league is better with them in it

Despite the White thing getting very tiresome.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Sweet Jesus the delusion is delicious.

What other fan base in the Prem could watch Barca tonight and their only take away being “we can get Messi”. Step forward Leeds fans:

https://twitter.com/tonylufc28/status/1294381109673951236

“He looks like he wants out of Barca.. Bielsa can get him”

https://twitter.com/m_d_1992/status/1294394101341851651

https://twitter.com/tonylufc28/status/1294381109673951236?s=21
They'll say its Leeds taking the rise but that post is deadly serious. Deluded.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Loads of Spanish language chat on twitter about Bielsa and Barca. I'd think I'd melt with joy if it happened. The fallout rom the leeds twats would be stupendous.

The most hilarious thing is leeds fans saying he would turn them down. Obviously cos he's already at the champions of Europe.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Loads of Spanish language chat on twitter about Bielsa and Barca. I'd think I'd melt with joy if it happened. The fallout rom the leeds twats would be stupendous.

The most hilarious thing is leeds fans saying he would turn them down. Obviously cos he's already at the champions of Europe.

I think Poch is a more likely candidate. I also think Bielsa will sign for another year or two.

Twitter would be a horrific sight if it did happen, mind.

mickybha

Jan 2, 2010

Spot on all their "we turned him into a star" crap..... This from before they even got him on loan https://www.motforum.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=37799

SimpKingpin

See the match?
Aug 8, 2020
Worthing -> NYC
Spot on all their "we turned him into a star" crap..... This from before they even got him on loan https://www.motforum.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=37799

I’ve seen that forum posted on here before. They seem to be reasonable and intelligent. At least, what I’ve seen from that forum...?

It’s the WACCOE forum that full of the delusional thickies as far as I can tell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Exceptionalism is the perception or belief that a species, country, society, institution, movement, individual, or time period is "exceptional". The term carries the implication, whether or not specified, that the referent is superior in some way.

Leeds v Brighton in the Amex era:
Won 2
Drew 2
Lost 8

Sent from my SM-A105G using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here