Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Deluded Leeds (an EFL club) fans

albionfan37

Aug 14, 2014
What’s it called? Cumbernauld
I’m just trying to decipher what the hell that drivel means. I then read it in a broad Yorkshire drone and realised that I sounded incredibly sexy and cool. I’m now going to say everything in this accent and exclaim “haha” after every phrase so everyone will get how hilarious I am. I do hope the author has been spayed so it cannot breed all over the place.

I do believe he’s a w@nker so spreads his muck up the curtains fortunately

Killer Whale

Banned
Jul 27, 2020
But that is exactly the point. It's not about whatever Bielsa did or didn't do. As you said, Boca is a massive club in Argentina - and I pointed out that yes, we know, it's another club which we have used to develop our young players and to give them some experience before playing for us in the PL. Young Max Allister is stepping up for us very nicely, as I'm sure White will.

!

I was refuting a poster who was making the (ill informed) argument that Bielsa had never been offered a manager's job at a "big" club by stating that he had turned down Boca.

To say that you loaned a player to Boca once is therefore not to be on that particular point, but to make a different one.

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
Well I am certainly worried.

I have been splashing out on Bielsa themed memorabilia off the internet. El Loco t shirts, Vamos Leeds Carajo! hoodies and the like. So it will certainly be a downer if he does a runner.

I'll still wear them even under a new regime though, I think I can carry them off. And Yorkshiremen are thrifty... :D

KW,
What's your view about the Jean-Kevin Augustin transfer saga?

Are you expecting Leeds to pay the £20 million fee that was apparently agreed with RB Leipzig to be paid at the completion of the loan period?

Do you know if Leeds feel confident of finding a loophole to avoid paying the £20 million?

Because of the Ben White and Bielsa coverage the Augustin story doesn't seem to be getting very many column inches.

Has there been much discussion on social media amongst Leeds fans about the situation?

Palacefinder General

Apr 5, 2019
I was refuting a poster who was making the (ill informed) argument that Bielsa had never been offered a manager's job at a "big" club by stating that he had turned down Boca.

To say that you loaned a player to Boca once is therefore not to be on that particular point, but to make a different one.

A list of your ‘proper’ clubs please. In your own time.

The Fifth Column

Lazy mug
Nov 30, 2010
Hangleton
Good for you.

But it is not on point. For an Argentinian the Boca manager's job is the biggest in the country. If he were interested in money and winning titles he would have taken it in a heart beat.

Not everything in football is about is about money and winning silverware, there is such a thing as the beauty of the game as a spectacle. (You should appreciate that yourselves, as a club which isn't the richest and is yet to achieve great onfield success).

Bielsa's philosophy that football is not just about money and success, but is capable of beauty, and that should also be its aim, is a large part of what makes him quite so engaging and fascinating as a manager.

Oh do give it a rest you sycophantic bellend.

SimpKingpin

See the match?
Aug 8, 2020
Worthing -> NYC
Hahaha you’re funny hahaha

Doesn’t understand the loan system [emoji3581]
Poor command of English [emoji3581]
Deluded [emoji3581]

https://twitter.com/jjgamesync/status/1294261845784760321

I was going to respond to this bloke but I think he might actually have mental issues so I didn’t bother.

I’m not even sure he’s a fan or football. He understands very little.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Killer Whale

Banned
Jul 27, 2020
KW,
What's your view about the Jean-Kevin Augustin transfer saga?

Are you expecting Leeds to pay the £20 million fee that was apparently agreed with RB Leipzig to be paid at the completion of the loan period?

Do you know if Leeds feel confident of finding a loophole to avoid paying the £20 million?

Because of the Ben White and Bielsa coverage the Augustin story doesn't seem to be getting very many column inches.

Has there been much discussion on social media amongst Leeds fans about the situation?

It is a clusterfcuck.

Personally I think we are on the hook for the twenty mill, but I have no idea what the legal advice is that we are acting upon, and what the contract actually says. So what do I know?

Nor does any social media source I have seen.

We may be entering into litigation in the hope of cutting a compromise deal. That is the best once can hope for. But if the other party has a rock solid contract, why would they settle out of court?

The Fifth Column

Lazy mug
Nov 30, 2010
Hangleton
Leeds won the 2nd tier of English football in a very average division, anyone would think they had won their fourth Champions League! Bielsa may very well be a decent manager but his history is not particularly impressive or littered with trophies. Be interesting to see what he can achieve in a far better and more competitive league with what looks currently like a weaker team and with his backroom staff departed. If he is even there at the start of the season! Leeds fans seem to think they just have to turn up and it will all magically fall into place yet we all know what the reality is. Its not even delusion its just sheer stupidity. Watching Leeds implode will be joy to behold.

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
We are still waiting for the white smoke to appear above the roof of Sistine Chapel, that is true.

Thanks for the concern though. Much appreciated!

Not concern so much as I don’t won’t to miss the melt down when he buggers off.
Any club that is going into a new pre season with a manager out of contract is asking for trouble. When it’s a maverick who is as likely to leave as to stay is playing with fire.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
I was going to respond to this bloke but I think he might actually have mental issues so I didn’t bother.

I’m not even sure he’s a fan or football. He understands very little.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh dear you could be right; I didn't think of that and responded.
Now I discover that his main obsessions are Playstation and his pet snakes......

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
A list of your ‘proper’ clubs please. In your own time.

Add to that if, IF, he was offered these jobs, but doesn't need the money etc etc surely he would want the chance to exhibit the best football ever with the best player by the best coach to the World. Or perhaps he knows his limits and know he'd **** up.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
He is a legend in Argentina, yes it's not Europe, but when a side like Newell's name their stadium after you from only 3 seasons of management, he probably goes alright.

I'd also preface it by saying he is now 65 years old. He spent his prime in Argentina, Mexico and managing Argentina.

It's not necessarily only Leeds fans, Pep, Poch, Messi etc all idolize the guy, so he clearly has something about him.

Bilboa were awesome to watch when he had them in La Liga. I will be interested to see how they look in the PL next year, much like when Klopp moved over to England, some managers just have that intangible ability to turn average players into good ones, he's in that category. Trophies aren't everything especially for a quirky manager like Bielsa who has never desired to move to a major club, he's always preferred something left of center.

Is he, really?

I don't follow South American (or continental European) football, so I know nothing of the bloke. However, I did read this article in The Athletic the other day - ‘A football revolution’ – Bielsa is making Leeds compulsive viewing in Argentina

Based upon this paragraph, I'm not sure I would agree that Bielsa "is a legend in Argentina":-

Not everyone there is so impressed. Bielsa cuts a divisive figure in the sense that love for him in certain quarters is counterbalanced by disapproval in others. It has been that way for a long time. Shadows linger from his Argentina side’s early elimination from the 2002 World Cup finals, a failure the media pinned on him. “He awakens love and he awakens contempt,” says Andrea D’Emilio, a Bielsa biographer. Odisio agrees. “Today in the media he is probably more loved in Chile (who he also managed), Marseille or Leeds than he is in Argentina,” he says. “That won’t change with the title at Leeds.”

I'm sure he has "something about him"; we had a bit of a rollercoaster ride fairly recently with a manager who had "something about him" (Gus Poyet), but I certainly wouldn't swap Potter for Poyet at this juncture.

albionfan37

Aug 14, 2014
What’s it called? Cumbernauld
CD422652-1F02-4B66-82D0-8AB85F701712.png this cvnt

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here