Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Deluded Leeds (an EFL club) fans

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Do you think we COULD?

* asking for a friend.

The bogs. Hove lawns 8.pm.

Tell you friend to go to the last trap and say “the geese are flying backwards” through the hole drilled at waist height in the cubicle wall.

The he hears “GOSBTS” practice will have begun.

Last edited:

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
More than anything else, amazing how a fully grown man has such poor command of his first language (#factnotfiction). Markey boy also has this gem: “Bielsa can turn a pub player into Messi”. That’s great mate, so why are you still obsessing over our player?

https://twitter.com/moesyzlac/status/1293867134196559872

That is where the Bielsa argument is so flawed. Firstly, if he was that good, he'd surely have won a lot more trophies in his career. I admit he's not been at the biggest teams generally, and that seems to be his choice, but surely if he was as good as they say he would have won a lot more even with the teams he has managed. And, as you say, why not go out and buy someone else who is available and make him as good as White if what they say is true.

I also find it quite offensive to Graham Potter. He is a very talented manager who has improved a number of our younger players this season e.g. Connolly, Alzate, Bissouma etc. If we're turning down big bids from Leeds, it is because we intend to play Ben White and he will definitely develop here

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
That is where the Bielsa argument is so flawed. Firstly, if he was that good, he'd surely have won a lot more trophies in his career. I admit he's not been at the biggest teams generally, and that seems to be his choice, but surely if he was as good as they say he would have won a lot more even with the teams he has managed. And, as you say, why not go out and buy someone else who is available and make him as good as White if what they say is true.

I also find it quite offensive to Graham Potter. He is a very talented manager who has improved a number of our younger players this season e.g. Connolly, Alzate, Bissouma etc. If we're turning down big bids from Leeds, it is because we intend to play Ben White and he will definitely develop here

Yeah it’s been discussed here already but the Leeds fans have an ignorantly odd idea of the kind of manager GP is. They seem to think he’s an amateur hoof ball merchant.

Ok fair they don’t watch our games, but I think the neutral media narrative has started to appreciate and respect that we’ve changed to a progressive style the past season.

Of course we know how advanced a coach he is. Light years from Hughton.

Not to Leeds fans. He’s big Sam junior.

They may be surprised when they play us and we dominate 70% possession.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Yeah it’s been discussed here already but the Leeds fans have an ignorantly odd idea of the kind of manager GP is. They seem to think he’s an amateur hoof ball merchant.

Ok fair they don’t watch our games, but I think the neutral media narrative has started to appreciate and respect that we’ve changed to a progressive style the past season.

We won't get close to the ball due to their high pressing game. I mean loads of teams do it but not the same way that Bielsa does it. He is unique. Nobody will be able to compete

sphynx

Banned
Aug 13, 2020

He is a legend in Argentina, yes it's not Europe, but when a side like Newell's name their stadium after you from only 3 seasons of management, he probably goes alright.

I'd also preface it by saying he is now 65 years old. He spent his prime in Argentina, Mexico and managing Argentina.

It's not necessarily only Leeds fans, Pep, Poch, Messi etc all idolize the guy, so he clearly has something about him.

Bilboa were awesome to watch when he had them in La Liga. I will be interested to see how they look in the PL next year, much like when Klopp moved over to England, some managers just have that intangible ability to turn average players into good ones, he's in that category. Trophies aren't everything especially for a quirky manager like Bielsa who has never desired to move to a major club, he's always preferred something left of center.

Last edited:

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead

Their real fans will know as they will have seen leeds play against Potter’s Swansea. By contrast it’s unlikely that many of their twitter goons have been to Elland Road much at all and perhaps not for around 16 years.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
We won't get close to the ball due to their high pressing game. I mean loads of teams do it but not the same way that Bielsa does it. He is unique. Nobody will be able to compete

I'm sure Elsa hit the ground running at the start of pre season training, 2 days ago...

...oh.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Meslier looks like an outstanding young keeper to me. Could be the French #1 in time imo.

Hernandez even at 35 was close to the highest ranked player in the Championship last year.

Ayling maybe as well.

Phillips certainly wouldn't be on the bench of a combined side. Southgate was considering him for the England setup even in the Championship. I don't think anyone could say with a straight face Mooy, Bissouma and Mac Allistar would fetch the same money on the open market. Phillips would be worth £40m+ in the open market, even coming out of the Championship.

Nope. No, you're not a Leeds fan. Definitely not.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
He is a legend in Argentina, yes it's not Europe, but when a side like Newell's name their stadium after you from only 3 seasons of management, he probably goes alright.

I'd also preface it by saying he is now 65 years old. He spent his prime in Argentina, Mexico and managing Argentina.

It's not necessarily only Leeds fans, Pep, Poch, Messi etc all idolize the guy, so he clearly has something about him.

Bilboa were awesome to watch when he had them in La Liga. I will be interested to see how they look in the PL next year, much like when Klopp moved over to England, some managers just have that intangible ability to turn average players into good ones, he's in that category. Trophies aren't everything especially for a quirky manager like Bielsa who has never desired to move to a major club, he's always preferred something left of center.

I thought you weren't a Leeds fan. If you aren't, it is odd that you come on to another club's forum and only talk about them (not the two players from Brighton you claim to follow).

hampshirebrightonboy

Sep 3, 2011
More than anything else, amazing how a fully grown man has such poor command of his first language (#factnotfiction). Markey boy also has this gem: “Bielsa can turn a pub player into Messi”. That’s great mate, so why are you still obsessing over our player?

https://twitter.com/moesyzlac/status/1293867134196559872

Do you think they are playing us? Post absolute shite and see if it ends up on this thread. Nobody can be that stupid

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016

I also will be VERY interested to see how Bilboa get on in the Premier League next year.

Personally I think they may struggle for a number of reasons.

Scappa

Jul 5, 2017
I also will be VERY interested to see how Bilboa get on in the Premier League next year.

Personally I think they may struggle for a number of reasons.

Ah! The team full of boxing Hobbits. We might even be able to score from corners against them. Maty will feel right at home, too.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead

Rightio. Does he have an acolytes forum you can join ? Your exaggeration makes you sound ridiculous. I’m not sure many on here care so I have no idea why you are trying to persuade.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Ah! The team full of boxing Hobbits. We might even be able to score from corners against them. Maty will feel right at home, too.

I thought he meant Rocky Bilboa.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton

How many trophies has he won then? And why does he need Ben White so much?

btw Guardiola and Klopp also wax lyrical about Graham Potter, not that we use that to justify his existence.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Oh, he’s won the illustrious English Championship old div 1 recently of course.

Any other trophies now he’s at the end of his career?

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Trophies aren't everything especially for a quirky manager like Bielsa who has never desired to move to a major club, he's always preferred something left of center.

Yeah, give him his credit: to this day, he's still never managed a major club. Commendable.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here