Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Deluded Leeds (an EFL club) fans

SimpKingpin

See the match?
Aug 8, 2020
Worthing -> NYC
Can't wait until this thread is done.

I'm bored of the delusional and extremely thick Leeds fans.

Let them get on with relegation and we can think about taking 6 points off Arsenal again.

Shame it's such a bloody long transfer window.

2 months of this...

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Can't wait until this thread is done.

I'm bored of the delusional and extremely thick Leeds fans.

Let them get on with relegation and we can think about taking 6 points off Arsenal again.

Shame it's such a bloody long transfer window.

2 months of this...

Here’s a secret for you.

There’s an incredible feature here on NSC you can make use of... If a thead doesn’t interest you, you can choose not to open it.

Wait, really?

Yes.

And with the bold text you like. Crazy idea I know

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
That is a very good question, and a difficult one. Which I will attempt to answer, although you may not agree with me.

The first thing I would say is that it has nothing to do with trophies won. Most of the teams in the lower divisions have won nothing at all, but that doesn't mean they aren't "proper" clubs. I would argue that a proper club is rooted in its local community, and reflects the character of the town or city in which it is located. I would say that a proper club has soul. It has a support handed down from father to son (or daughter). And since football is a working class sport, proper clubs have a significant working class support base.

I never said that Brighton wasn't a proper club (interesting that you assumed I meant that) and I would consider you to very much to be one. You may not be a working class town, but I have been to your matches and you certainly have many working class supporters. You are rooted in your local community, I imagine support is handed down the generations, but above all you haven't lost your soul.

Perhaps it is a little easier to describe what is a proper club by pointing out clubs that aren't. Manchester United isn't a proper club. Manchester City used to be, but is one no longer. Arsenal isn't one, and neither is Chelsea. Liverpool isn't, but Everton are. Spurs are on the cusp.

It is a very hard thing to define, and I don't know if I have succeeded. And of course you may disagree with everything I have said. But it is the best I can come up with.
Really all clubs are proper clubs, if going by your definition.

The ones you claim are not proper clubs have just grown to be worldwide phenomenons. Just because they have fans across the world and football tourists doesn't preclude them from also having fans that meet your definition.

I think you are actually defining proper fans rather than proper clubs.

Fwiw during the O'Leary years Leeds had a big following in Australia. Loads of fans who wouldn't know Elland Road in a map. Not proper fans at all.

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 using Tapatalk

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I’m still angry about that result, we should have won. Just keep hold of the ball Casper, no don’t punt it down field, Barnes is massively out of position. OH FFS CASPER YOU ****!

Almost certainly not quite as angry as my brother-in-law, who had £20 @ 40/1 on HT Leeds/FT Brighton :lol:

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I’m still angry about that result, we should have won. Just keep hold of the ball Casper, no don’t punt it down field, Barnes is massively out of position. OH FFS CASPER YOU ****!
What we do in this situation is just claim we won. We can sing about that 3 points for ever more and rename NSC.

SimpKingpin

See the match?
Aug 8, 2020
Worthing -> NYC
Here’s a secret for you.

There’s an incredible feature here on NSC you can make use of... If a thead doesn’t interest you, you can choose not to open it.

Wait, really?

Yes.

And with the bold text you like. Crazy idea I know

I should have said "saga" instead of "thread".

Sorry, but it still concerns me that there are question marks about Ben White's immediate future.

I'm too invested at this point.
Call me flawed!

I'll be happier when I see some pics of him in training next week.

I have nothing against a thread calling out the delusional Leeds fans tweets etc.
But I'd love for everyone to move on.
I doubt we are going to care about Leeds after all this is over.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009

Sorry, but it still concerns me that there are question marks about Ben White's immediate future.

Call me flawed!

I have nothing against a thread calling out the delusional Leeds fans tweets etc.

There is certainly now an element of what you say. If when the season ended, if Leeds had done business in the normal manner (done business discreetly), or White had genuinely said he wanted to leave and we had got an appropriate fair fee, thats just life imho......

Because of the arrogance, sneering, entitlement, held against his will, Bielsa made him and the whole transfer thing being played out publicly with the Leeds press also fueling the fires with outlandish garbage like we never wanted him and carted him off. Ex leeds pros saying he's been held against his will etc.

It has now most definitely become more of an entrenched battle of wills. Of course I'd love to see White flourish at the Albion after carefully developing him, I also hope as a professional White goes on to fulfill his maximum potential which may eventually be with another top 6 club.

But more than ever, because of the totally twatish behavior of a large contingent of their fan base, who really do think, because they're now back in the PL they can do as they please, make demands and bully the outcome, its become more than just seeing Ben White back in the Brighton shirt. Its 100% become a big f*** you to Leeds for their outlandish ignorance.

SimpKingpin

See the match?
Aug 8, 2020
Worthing -> NYC
There is certainly now an element of what you say. If when the season ended, if Leeds had done business in the normal manner (done business discreetly), or White had genuinely said he wanted to leave and we had got an appropriate fair fee, thats just life imho......

Because of the arrogance, sneering, entitlement, held against his will, Bielsa made him and the whole transfer thing being played out publicly with the Leeds press also fueling the fires with outlandish garbage like we never wanted him and carted him off. Ex leeds pros saying he's been held against his will etc.

It has now most definitely become more of an entrenched battle of wills. Of course I'd love to see White flourish at the Albion after carefully developing him, I also hope as a professional White goes on to fulfill his maximum potential which may eventually be with another top 6 club.

But more than ever, because of the totally twatish behavior of a large contingent of their fan base, who really do think, because they're now back in the PL they can do as they please, make demands and bully the outcome, its become more than just seeing Ben White back in the Brighton shirt. Its 100% become a big f*** you to Leeds for their outlandish ignorance.

Trust me. I've got memes ready for the day it's confirmed he's signed a new contract or when the transfer window closes. Whichever comes first.

I like the fact that other teams have started to call out Leeds as well.

But once we get into the season I just don't know that I'll care what they are up to other than enjoying watching them go down. It's 2020!

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
There's a rather good book about Leeds, the city and the club, called The Promised Land by Anthony Clavane (from Leeds but a former University of Sussex student).

In it, he writes: "We are not really The Damned United. Thinking we are, however, is part of the problem." From the 1975 European Cup final to the Ben White saga, it isn't fair. The meltdown if Bielsa leaves will reach Australia.

SimpKingpin

See the match?
Aug 8, 2020
Worthing -> NYC
There's a rather good book about Leeds, the city and the club, called The Promised Land by Anthony Clavane (from Leeds but a former University of Sussex student).

In it, he writes: "We are not really The Damned United. Thinking we are, however, is part of the problem." From the 1975 European Cup final to the Ben White saga, it isn't fair. The meltdown if Bielsa leaves will reach Australia.

I live in NYC (grew up in Worthing) and bizarrely an American leant me the DVD 'The Damned United' a few years ago. Still have it and still haven't watched it. Now seems appropriate I guess!

Re. Bielsa, absolutely anything could happen as far as I can tell.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton

Call me flawed!

“I doubt we are going to care about Leeds after all this is over”

Yeah we will, have always disliked the snakes!

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
What we do in this situation is just claim we won. We can sing about that 3 points for ever more and rename NSC.

Good idea. NSC could become We Are the Victors the Victors Over Leeds.

WAVVOL.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I will 100% be settling down to watch Leeds first game in the PL. I hope and expect to enjoy it as much as Norwich at Liverpool :smile:

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Just occured to me: I don't do Betfair but given the GIANT and DELUDED Leeds support there must be money to be made off them next season?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here