[Albion] Deluded Leeds (an EFL club) fans

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Didn't sound right. Comes out 8th:

https://www.thegeographist.com/uk-cities-population-1000/

Although this depends on the defining urban measurement.

The City of Leeds Council area has 820,000. This includes satellite towns like Morley now incorporated within the City.The Brighton and Hove figure is equivalent: for the City Council area, including satellite villages like Rottingdean and Ovingdean. There is also a definition of the Leeds urban district which is smaller. West Yorkshire is about 1.8m, but that obviously includes Bradford, Huddersfield, Halifax etc.

There is no other League team within the City of Leeds,

Killer Whale

Banned
Jul 27, 2020
Where "gritty and working class" is defined as: has a past chock full of hooliganism including fan deaths (Birmingham, Istanbul etc),

That is beyond the pale.

I remember going to Villa Park a few days after those murders, and the minute's silence for them was observed impeccably by the Villa fans. There wasn't a sound in the whole, huge, stadium. It was highly moving.

Shame on you.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Do I need therapy, I am starting to dislike Leeds more than Palace? :down:

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
I could be being naive here, but is that Photoshopped?

Genuine question: it just looked like somebody had been playing around with it. Might be just the angle.

:lol:

In case you hadn't previously noticed, I think virtually every photo [MENTION=15297]Dick Head[/MENTION] has ever posted has been photoshopped!

Madafwo

I'm probably being facetious.
Nov 11, 2013
:lol:

In case you hadn't previously noticed, I think virtually every photo [MENTION=15297]Dick Head[/MENTION] has ever posted has been photoshopped!

But there is always that one that you think has been done, but hasn't been touched.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
That is beyond the pale.

I remember going to Villa Park a few days after those murders, and the minute's silence for them was observed impeccably by the Villa fans. There wasn't a sound in the whole, huge, stadium. It was highly moving.

Shame on you.
Oh cock off you sanctimonious bore. I KNOW those two kids who got stabbed weren't at fault, they were victims of a cowardly stabbing which was the unfortunate consequence of some of your moronic fans running amok in Turkey.

Funny, you don't have much to say about the turning over of a chip van at the temporary home of a local club reeling from the death of 50 people in a fire. Or the fact that unlike Villa Park when they impeccably observed the minutes silence, you scum have a history of laughing and singing about Munich.

So take your tedious "gritty" sanctimony and shove it right up your boring 4rsehole you tedious :wanker:

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
Oh cock off you sanctimonious bore. I KNOW those two kids who got stabbed weren't at fault, they were victims of a cowardly stabbing which was the unfortunate consequence of some of your moronic fans running amok in Turkey.

Funny, you don't have much to say about the turning over of a chip van at the temporary home of a local club reeling from the death of 50 people in a fire. Or the fact that unlike Villa Park when they impeccably observed the minutes silence, you scum have a history of laughing and singing about Munich.

So take your tedious "gritty" sanctimony and shove it right up your boring 4rsehole you tedious :wanker:

I’m going to take a shot in the dark and guess that he won’t be on your Christmas card list. It’s just a hunch though, as the tone of your post was unclear :lolol:

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Do I need therapy, I am starting to dislike Leeds more than Palace? :down:

As a club its always Palace, but their fanbase in many ways broadly similar to our own.

whereas Leeds has a massive proportion of deluded, entitled and completely arrogant idiots.

It is ok to dislike both.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
That is beyond the pale.

Shame on you.

From the Independent.
SUPPORTERS of Leeds United sent ripples of shock and distaste through the nation last Sunday when they chanted in defiance of the minute's silence being observed for Sir Matt Busby before their match at Blackburn Rovers.

Their invasion of this show of respect for a great football manager included, among other things, shouting the name of their own hero, Don Revie. Similar breaches of etiquette disrupted the solemn occasions at other football grounds last weekend, including Chelsea and Liverpool, but none provoked such a strong reaction.

It’s a shame your support isn’t as classy as Villa

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
From the Independent.
SUPPORTERS of Leeds United sent ripples of shock and distaste through the nation last Sunday when they chanted in defiance of the minute's silence being observed for Sir Matt Busby before their match at Blackburn Rovers.

Their invasion of this show of respect for a great football manager included, among other things, shouting the name of their own hero, Don Revie. Similar breaches of etiquette disrupted the solemn occasions at other football grounds last weekend, including Chelsea and Liverpool, but none provoked such a strong reaction.

It’s a shame your support isn’t as classy as Villa

Oh, that’s fine. It’s gritty and working class.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
any news on Bielsa's contract?

I admit it.....I've got an unhealthy obsession with Leeds United right now. Not because they are a massive draw but because I can't wait to witness the implosion that is due any minute now.

Phil Hay wrote this in The Athletic last Friday:-

1234.jpg

It is now Thursday, and still no news on him signing; so, has "something gone wrong"?

Last edited:

jackcgull

Feb 1, 2008
Amersham
The first two times Leeds visited the Amex, your crowd was the loudest bunch of away fans who'd visited us by a comfortably large margin. The past 4 games though, your lot shut up just as all other football fans do when they are losing. Nothing special.

That 3-3 game in the early days of the Amex was an absolute cracker (if depressing finale).

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
I believe Leeds were back in training today and without Bielsa having signed his contract. Why should he at this point? Keep the pressure on the Leeds board to make the signings he wants. Frankly, apart from re signing of loan players and youngsters, they've bought no one of note, although plenty of noise.

Jim Van Winkle

Jul 14, 2010
Hawaii
I thought I'd leave it there with fact 2, as the bit about Ben making the PL match day squad once is correct. Obviously he could have padded out the fact a bit more but I am guessing he isn't being paid by the word.

Maybe someone can explain this "fact"

Were does he make this shit up from? We played at home on August Bank Holiday Monday when we were playing at Withdean, I remember flying back from the Edinburgh Festival on the Monday morning to watch Brighton beat Plymouth who had Traibo West playing for them. If I remember correctly, West was comedy awful and it was rather warm, I was bloody knackered after a week at the Fringe though so my memory may be playing tricks on me.

Jake Robinson terrorised a 58 year Taribo West that day.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
That 3-3 game in the early days of the Amex was an absolute cracker (if depressing finale).

I’m still angry about that result, we should have won. Just keep hold of the ball Casper, no don’t punt it down field, Barnes is massively out of position. OH FFS CASPER YOU ****!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports