Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Deluded Leeds (an EFL club) fans

Killer Whale

Banned
Jul 27, 2020
[MENTION=41536]Killer Whale[/MENTION]. Come on son, time to grow up and leave this board. Your contributions are very childish. Whole world out there waiting for you.

Leeds have no natural rivals so trying to create one with Man United is plain daft. It's all one way. Utd don't give a shyt. And you certainly won't have one with us. We have ours.

Young kids and plastic fans in Singapore might not. But proper fans, of a certain age, certainly do...

"Nope For me it has been & always will be 1.Liverpool 2.Leeds 3.Arsenal & then City in terms of rivalry. Wow basically fans under 20 won’t know anything about the rivalry. Great games between us & great atmosphere."

Plenty more where that came from on this thread...

https://www.redcafe.net/threads/leeds-united-discussion-bielsa-watch.438213/page-19

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
That Yorkshire Post article offers a stark comparison to Leeds, who are trying to renege on that £20m obligation.

In 2014/15, Sunderland were in the same position with Inter's Ricardo Alvarez. They lost the tribunal and instead of paying the €10.5m they owed, it ended up costing them nearly twice as much.

Yeah, but that was Sunderland and this is LEEDS

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
[MENTION=41536]Killer Whale[/MENTION]. Come on son, time to grow up and leave this board. Your contributions are very childish. Whole world out there waiting for you.

Leeds have no natural rivals so trying to create one with Man United is plain daft. It's all one way. Utd don't give a shyt. And you certainly won't have one with us. We have ours.

Young kids and plastic fans in Singapore might not. But proper fans, of a certain age, certainly do...

"Nope For me it has been & always will be 1.Liverpool 2.Leeds 3.Arsenal & then City in terms of rivalry. Wow basically fans under 20 won’t know anything about the rivalry. Great games between us & great atmosphere."

https://www.redcafe.net/threads/leeds-united-discussion-bielsa-watch.438213/page-19

For some additional context, around a year ago there was a study of who fans perceive as their rivals. Leeds were 4th on United's list (after Liverpool, City and Chelsea).

https://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?375021-Our-top-five-rivals

Leeds hate Man Utd more than the other way round, but that's probably unsurprising given Man Utd have a major cross-city rival and the historical animosity between Manchester and Liverpool.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham

Right, I’ve just wasted a few minutes skimming through that thread, image my surprise when I read comment after comment after comment about them hating your fans, that’s right your fans, not your club, your history, your stadium, previous players or managers, the fans, the overly aggressive, out to prove themselves, no idea how to behave in society idiotic fans. They hate Liverpool, for their history and success, they hate City because of their success and how they’ve got there, they dislike Leeds’ fans because generally you’re a massive bunch of dick heads.

Last edited:

Withdean11

Feb 18, 2007
Brighton/Hyde
Has the next stage started yet for Leeds fans? It will as the start to realise we are not going to sell him to them.

"he's not that good anyway"
"We can get much better for that money"
"Wouldn't want him for that price"
etc.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Has the next stage started yet for Leeds fans? It will as the start to realise we are not going to sell him to them.

"he's not that good anyway"
"We can get much better for that money"
"Wouldn't want him for that price"
etc.

Already read one on WACCOE. To paraphrase......... Brighton have made a massive mistake, he’ll not grow under potter, after a season of stagnation and a few league cup appearances he’ll be worth a fraction of their offer.

The Fifth Column

Lazy mug
Nov 30, 2010
Hangleton
It's going to hurt the Leeds fans so much seeing our Ben pull on his blue Albion shirt and put in some stellar performances whilst they struggle with their plucky championship squad. Seriously, why would any player want to take a risk on a newly promoted team as opposed to one that has had 3 seasons to progress and settle in to the PL, just because it's Leeds, just because of Bielsa? Nah I don't think so.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
That Yorkshire Post article offers a stark comparison to Leeds, who are trying to renege on that £20m obligation.

In 2014/15, Sunderland were in the same position with Inter's Ricardo Alvarez. They lost the tribunal and instead of paying the €10.5m they owed, it ended up costing them nearly twice as much.

Indeed. They not only lost at tribunal but also at the Court of Arbitration for Sport. All very expensive. The detail of the wording will not be identical I'm sure, but a worrying precedent for the Mighty Whites.

I hadn't appreciated that post-lockdown Leeds managed with just ONE striker (Bamford). A huge gamble, that ultimately payed off. But it means they surely have to prioritise spending on strikers, which as we know is not easy.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
It's going to hurt the Leeds fans so much seeing our Ben pull on his blue Albion shirt and put in some stellar performances whilst they struggle with their plucky championship squad. Seriously, why would any player want to take a risk on a newly promoted team as opposed to one that has had 3 seasons to progress and settle in to the PL, just because it's Leeds, just because of Bielsa? Nah I don't think so.
They've got Fulham 2 seasons ago written all over them.
I can see Leeds being ripped apart game after game until they realise they don't have the quality to play the football they could in the Championship in the Prem. By that point it'll be too late. Its Leeds.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

I gather he’s mates with Connolly? I suggest he will be encouraging him to sign having just signed up himself with glowing comments on GP

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
Apologies that I haven't been following this thread, so this may well be Fixtures.

Yorkshire Post is reporting today that Leeds have a legally enforcable clause in their loan agreement with RB Leipzig that they MUST buy Augustin now they have been promoted. Trouble is, Bielsa didn't think he was up to it and they didn't extend his loan beyond June 1st.

The fixed price? £20m.

Sent from my SM-A105G using Tapatalk

Interesting! That's quite a chunk out of their likely transfer budget. Possibly part of the reason why Bielsa hasn't signed a new deal yet (haggling over how much support he's getting to build a team decent enough to stay up). I obviously have no idea what Bielsa's thinking, but currently his stock is VERY high. It takes a lot to get a team promoted from the Championship after missing out in the play-offs the previous year (as we know). There are plenty of managers whose careers have nose-dived after managing a team to Premier League relegation.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Already read one on WACCOE. To paraphrase......... Brighton have made a massive mistake, he’ll not grow under potter, after a season of stagnation and a few league cup appearances he’ll be worth a fraction of their offer.

Some also seem to believe that Bielsa could take any centre back and turn them into the new Ben White. Which begs the question, why don't they do that rather than constantly bidding for a player that they've been told we want to keep? Surely it would be cheaper

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
They've got Fulham 2 seasons ago written all over them.
I can see Leeds being ripped apart game after game until they realise they don't have the quality to play the football they could in the Championship in the Prem. By that point it'll be too late. Its Leeds.

We should give Bielsa huge credit. He's a unique coach and has done what countless other joke Leeds managers - Hockaday, Evans etc - have failed to do. But he's clearly not motivated by money and if he doesn't get the players he wants before the end of the transfer window, he could well be off. Then they would be in the doodoo.

Killer Whale

Banned
Jul 27, 2020
For some additional context, around a year ago there was a study of who fans perceive as their rivals. Leeds were 4th on United's list (after Liverpool, City and Chelsea).

https://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?375021-Our-top-five-rivals

Leeds hate Man Utd more than the other way round, but that's probably unsurprising given Man Utd have a major cross-city rival and the historical animosity between Manchester and Liverpool.

We can argue about the rankings, this is not an exact science, but your research serves to prove my earlier point, as I am sure you would agree..

To say (as the poster I was quoting did) that Man Yoo "don't give a shyt" about Leeds is simply not true.

I can remember going to Old Trafford for a Leeds game a few years ago (not the wonderful win in the FA Cup when we were in the Third Division but a Premier League match) and talking to a steward after the game. I wasn't wearing colours and had somehow got separated from the away support by going the wrong way through some gate or other. No idea how I managed that. It had been feisty, as usual, but not especially nasty, we drew 1 -1 I remember, they equalised late on. Anyway I said to the steward, feigning innocence, "Is the atmosphere always like that?" I come from Yorkshire, but don't have an accent so he thought I was a home supporter who didn't often come, I imagine they get a lot of those. "It is only like that against Leeds and Liverpool, no-one else" he replied. "I suppose because those are the two biggest cities to either side of us... "

Now that was a few years ago, of course. But football has its traditions and its folk memories. If there are crowds games between the two clubs will have a great atmosphere this season. Be special for both sets of supporters because of the rivalry. Neither club has suddenly grown to love the other.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Leeds don't have a manager at this current time. Their beloved Bielsa hasn't signed a new contract yet.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Interesting! That's quite a chunk out of their likely transfer budget. Possibly part of the reason why Bielsa hasn't signed a new deal yet (haggling over how much support he's getting to build a team decent enough to stay up). I obviously have no idea what Bielsa's thinking, but currently his stock is VERY high. It takes a lot to get a team promoted from the Championship after missing out in the play-offs the previous year (as we know). There are plenty of managers whose careers have nose-dived after managing a team to Premier League relegation.

Better than Eastenders or corrie..... could be about to get increasingly interesting,.......

no decent additions, lost best player, have to payout 20 millIon for a total flop. Bielsa hasn’t signed, chairman who’s put every egg into the Bielsa basket becoming more desperate by the day, could all begin to unravel before it’s even begun.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
I can remember going to Old Trafford for a Leeds game a few years ago (not the wonderful win in the FA Cup when we were in the Third Division but a Premier League match) and talking to a steward after the game.

I think the fact that you say it was 'a few years ago' highlights the problem. Most MU fans won't have heard of Leeds nowadays.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds don't have a manager at this current time. Their beloved Bielsa hasn't signed a new contract yet.

And hasn't done for 12 days now. Imagine what it would have been like on here if Hughton had done this after getting us promoted.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here