[Albion] Deluded Leeds (an EFL club) fans

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
189 pages and counting. This really is a hymn of hate, impressive in its doggedness.

I understand that you don't like Palace and they come first as your historic rivals, but is there another club apart from them that now preoccupies you guys to the same extent as Leeds?

I don't remember such an extreme animus when I have been to away games against you in the past. In fact it has been milder than most clubs we play, comparable to, I don't know, Reading? More a genteel disgust and distaste than hate.

Clearly not so now. I think that is a good thing. A bit of spice, a bit of hate makes a match more interesting. When spectators are allowed back in of course.

There are plenty of revivified hatreds I will enjoy encountering next season. For the younger fans (and indeed the players!) of clubs like Manchester United and Chelsea it these cauldrons of hate will be a totally new experience. Matches against Man U at Elland Road reach a pitch of vitriol and tastelessness probably only comparable to an Old Firm game in the UK. They really are quite something.

It will be on a smaller scale of course, but now we can add Brighton to the long long list of clubs we hate and are hated by...

You really are a patronizing **** aren’t you.
60 years old and posting on another team’s forum about hate at football matches. Get a life.

McTavish

Nov 5, 2014
With 3 or more League titles: Villa, Sunderland, Chelsea, Newcastle, Wolves, Huddersfield, Blackburn. And with two titles, Preston, Spurs, Burnley and Derby. So many teams with as much or more of a claim to greatness, and that's ignoring genuine FA Cup titans such as West Brom, Bolton, Sheff United, West Ham and Old Etonians!

And Wanderers, don't forget Wanderers - the London team, not the Wolverhampton one. 5 wins in the FA Cup. They are now playing in the Surrey South Eastern Combination. If Ben White is after history and being a big fish in a small pond he could do worse than sign for them. Easier commute from Worthing as well.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
189 pages and counting. This really is a hymn of hate, impressive in its doggedness.

I understand that you don't like Palace and they come first as your historic rivals, but is there another club apart from them that now preoccupies you guys to the same extent as Leeds?

I don't remember such an extreme animus when I have been to away games against you in the past. In fact it has been milder than most clubs we play, comparable to, I don't know, Reading? More a genteel disgust and distaste than hate.

Clearly not so now. I think that is a good thing. A bit of spice, a bit of hate makes a match more interesting. When spectators are allowed back in of course.

There are plenty of revivified hatreds I will enjoy encountering next season. For the younger fans (and indeed the players!) of clubs like Manchester United and Chelsea it these cauldrons of hate will be a totally new experience. Matches against Man U at Elland Road reach a pitch of vitriol and tastelessness probably only comparable to an Old Firm game in the UK. They really are quite something.

It will be on a smaller scale of course, but now we can add Brighton to the long long list of clubs we hate and are hated by...

The only reason its been discussed to such an extent is because of how your fans on social media have turned this whole saga into a pantomime by acting such twats. Nothing more, nothing less, but if you want to see that as a badge of honour in that you've succeeded in adding another club 'to the long list of clubs youre hated by' then congratulations, buy yourself a medal.

Killer Whale

Banned
Jul 27, 2020
Personally, apart from noting ongoing graceless behaviour by some Leeds supporters regarding the Ben White saga, I cannot muster up any feelings for your club at all. It's too much effort which could be better spent on supporting the club I love.

No you are right, Brighton fans clearly don't care one jot about Leeds United the club,and its passionate support base. That is the message this thread proclaims in neon lights twenty feet high. The complete and utter indifference couldn't really be more obvious.

Post after post after post about how rubbish the stadium is, how poor the crowds were in the third division considering, how much joy it was to witness the descent into administration, how poor recent teams have been, the low calibre of managers and their frequency, the fact that the current manager is overrated and inferior to Potter, the fact that Leeds fans formed a bond with Ben White and would like to buy him, (how presumptious!), the pleasure it gave to seeing little boys cry on TV, the fact that Brighton can loan a player to the club in the first place, the joy you are going to get watching the team get humiliated week after week next season followed by the inevitable relegation, the hope that Bielsa won't sign a contract, ya de ya de ya de ya.

Complete indifference, that is what I take from this thread. And that would be why I don't see similar ones to the other clubs who were promoted this season, WBA or Fulham. In fact much comment on any other clubs at all. Because they preoccupy your thoughts far more and therefore you never need to discuss them.

PabloHoney

Aug 11, 2020
The only reason its been discussed to such an extent is because of how your fans on social media have turned this whole saga into a pantomime by acting such twats. Nothing more, nothing less, but if you want to see that as a badge of honour in that you've succeeded in adding another club 'to the long list of clubs youre hated by' then congratulations, buy yourself a medal.

Maybe it's a bit of retaliation after Brighton fans were insistent we were 'in for a shock' upon promotion. 'It's not the same league as it was 16 years ago' etc, despite your 3 seasons of struggle, you were very quick to try and pat us on the head and act up.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
No you are right, Brighton fans clearly don't care one jot about Leeds United the club,and its passionate support base. That is the message this thread proclaims in neon lights twenty feet high. The complete and utter indifference couldn't really be more obvious.

Post after post after post about how rubbish the stadium is, how poor the crowds were in the third division considering, how much joy it was to witness the descent into administration, how poor recent teams have been, the low calibre of managers and their frequency, the fact that the current manager is overrated and inferior to Potter, the fact that Leeds fans formed a bond with Ben White and would like to buy him, (how presumptious!), the pleasure it gave to seeing little boys cry on TV, the fact that Brighton can loan a player to the club in the first place, the joy you are going to get watching the team get humiliated week after week next season followed by the inevitable relegation, the hope that Bielsa won't sign a contract, ya de ya de ya de ya.

Complete indifference, that is what I take from this thread. And that would be why I don't see similar ones to the other clubs who were promoted this season, WBA or Fulham. In fact much comment on any other clubs at all. Because they preoccupy your thoughts far more and therefore you never need to discuss them.

You were on the Brighton forum late last night and then right back on first thing this morning. Most odd behaviour.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton

Don’t pretend this thread is anything else other than a response to your classless fans all over social media spouting post after post about how we didn’t rate Ben White .... didn’t know who he was and how he wasn’t any good until he played for Leeds.

Your fans have been condescending, arrogant and misinformed about the whole situation.

If this thread upsets you so much as a response to how your ‘fan base’ is behaving I suggest you leave and don’t bother coming back.

I mean I know that wouldn’t fit in with your snobby attention seeking behaviour but there is always the hope you might change.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

It’s really very simple. If Leeds fans weren’t being such dicks about an Albion contracted player there wouldn’t even be a thread. What is clear is how needy and demanding modern Leeds fans are, you’ve always been entitled, but have now moved up to a spoilt child level. Aren’t you just a little embarrassed as an old man and long time (allegedly) fan?

McTavish

Nov 5, 2014

Why are you so obsessed with what Brighton fans think?

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton

You really are a numpty aren't you. Having spent many hours trying to deflect the tone of the thread in various ways, you are now having a crack at openly trying to incite hatred between our clubs. You have finally shown your true colours by mentioning revivified hatreds you will enjoy encountering. But it's all one sided.

Where you see a hymn of hate, we see a comedy song. Leeds may be on the up at last, but they have a very thin squad and by Premier League standards, a modest spending budget. They could do a Fulham, spend a lot and go down. They could do a Norwich, spend little and go down. Or Huddersfield and sign up most of their loans, keep trying to play attractive Championship football and eventually go down. They don't have the squad to do a Wolves and only time will tell if they are capable of doing a Sheffield Utd. But don't start banging on about hatred, to vent your frustration that you can't compete with Brighton. As your chairman rightly said, Brighton are the model for Leeds to follow.

All the trending on Twitter, slogan mugs, websites and posturing might be very inventive, but Leeds compared to Brighton is no contest on any level apart from the rancid fan count. We have the professionalism, the academy developing players which you may now be aware of, a flourishing development squad supported by careful use of the loan system to develop their potential and support lower league clubs who couldn't normally afford such quality, a world class training facility, a fine modern ground packed to the rafters for every home match regardless of the opposition, a progressive highly regarded young manager who introduces young players and switches game styles and formations during matches when not using his degrees and education to further the player's development off the field, a fan owner with unknown wealth beyond your wildest dreams, a smart CEO who is Premier League representative to the FA and capable of everything required at this level, a director of football who left the England set up to join Brighton, a young squad supplemented already by two players who played Champions League last season and the best young player from the Championship last season.

There is no hatred. You haven't even played a match in the Premier League this season and many of your heroes from your glory years are now dead, it was so long ago. Then you come wombling in with your Latin quotes and talk of hatred.

Well, let me repeat. This thread is a comedy song with Leeds fans, ex players and other media and pundits plus Leeds Live kindly providing the lyrics. Feel free to keep them coming, but be clear - we are laughing, and laughing at you and your idiot fanmates, not laughing with you.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead

Or because they don’t have ****ish fans who sign up to our forum. There’s a thought, eh.

Lever

Feb 6, 2019

Note the first word 'Personally....'

I don't pretend to speak for 'Brighton fans'. Do you speak for Leeds fans then?

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017

... All as a response to your fans on social media belittling our club and acting Billy Big bollocks about Leeds despite not kicking a ball in anger in the Prem in 16 years and only last season finally getting decent attendances again. How the fvck do you not understand that?

Why would we have threads on WBA or Fulham? We have no ongoing transfer sagas with them that their fans are acting like kn0bs about...

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Matches against Man U at Elland Road reach a pitch of vitriol and tastelessness probably only comparable to an Old Firm game in the UK. They really are quite something.
Used to, used to.

Ask most Man U fans and they'll regard little Leeds in the same bracket as BHA, Fulham and West Brom. A case of #teamslikeLeeds.

Can I just point out, you're not big boys anymore.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010

Fulham have bought our Player of the season from when we were promoted from the Championship. Knockaert looked like a world beater that year too. We do not
however, détesté Fulham over this because a loan to buy was agreed up front and he has gone on his way with our best wishes.

This is unlike Ben White who was sent on loan without such a pactum in his contractus. We wanted him to develop rather than be surplus to requirements which is something most of your Dirigez le balloon fan base can't understand.

West Brom fans, by the way, are all pessimists and think they will go down. They don't have delusions of grandeur or post in foreign languages on other teams boards to make themselves look clever.

Chateau Neuf du pap Rodney.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports