Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Deluded Leeds (an EFL club) fans

Cold Gettin Dumb

Jan 31, 2013
No you are right, Brighton fans clearly don't care one jot about Leeds United the club,and its passionate support base.
Complete indifference, that is what I take from this thread.

Why are you here?

Its a bit like standing in a lions cage and arguing the toss about the fact you are getting bitten, yet not wanting to and still hanging around to take more abuse/damage, then saying 'look what they are doing to me.'

Leeds seem to cause us mild distaste due to their amassed mentality of 'mighty.'

You are 'once were's' but now having another chance at glory, yet having a general consensus you are going to pick up right where you left off. That is why we are as colourful about your team as you are seeing.

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
Aaaah Leeds..... that bastion of free thinking liberalism. I worked for many years for a bank based in W Yorkshire, spent many weeks/months in Leeds and Halifax.... my erstwhile colleagues were bigoted, WY centric and very narrow in their views and life experiences outside of their little bubble..... colleagues in the other 3 geographic locations in the group, Edinburgh, Bristol and London just couldn't get past the WY 'centre of the universe' attitude, as such socially we tended to steer clear as much as possible.

A generalisation of course, but a real life analogy that matches what we are seeing from the Leeds fans on here, and historically in the home sections at the Amex and Withdean... although in a different way it wasn't any more palatable at the Goldstone, or more specifically Hove Park

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
Fortunately Leeds' owner isn't quite as deluded as most of their fans appear to be - and actually aspires to follow our example:

“As a model, I look at clubs like Brighton & Hove Albion and the success they’ve achieved gradually on a sustainable budget. I want to take a similar approach. When we come through the global pandemic, I believe we will be in a good position for the immediate future and also to build for the longer term.” (Andrea Radrizzani, a month or so ago).

If he's true to his word, Leeds won't be splashing huge sums on new players. They may be looking at a transfer budget of (say) £50m - £60m....in which case, splurging £30m on Ben White doesn't seem likely.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
189 pages and counting. This really is a hymn of hate, impressive in its doggedness.

I understand that you don't like Palace and they come first as your historic rivals, but is there another club apart from them that now preoccupies you guys to the same extent as Leeds?

I don't remember such an extreme animus when I have been to away games against you in the past. In fact it has been milder than most clubs we play, comparable to, I don't know, Reading? More a genteel disgust and distaste than hate.

Clearly not so now. I think that is a good thing. A bit of spice, a bit of hate makes a match more interesting. When spectators are allowed back in of course.

There are plenty of revivified hatreds I will enjoy encountering next season. For the younger fans (and indeed the players!) of clubs like Manchester United and Chelsea it these cauldrons of hate will be a totally new experience. Matches against Man U at Elland Road reach a pitch of vitriol and tastelessness probably only comparable to an Old Firm game in the UK. They really are quite something.

It will be on a smaller scale of course, but now we can add Brighton to the long long list of clubs we hate and are hated by...

Honey, we don't hate Leeds. We hate Palace. We nothing Leeds.

For so long, you've been insignificant to the point that the only bit of excitement anyone ever gave about Leeds, is the rising intonation from Mike West when he reads a Leeds result on Final Score. That's it.

When we were making our way through the leagues to get where we are (thanks for finally joining us, by the way) we had very short-lived, but ultimately temporary issues with other clubs. Chesterfield, Southampton, Reading to name but a few. Leeds are in that bracket. A bit of a nuisance and some back-and-forth with some gobby, over-entitled fans with a superiority complex. We dropped and got past them and we'll do the same with you.

Don't pretend you're something you're not, that's what's got your reputation in the first place.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Why are you so obsessed with what Brighton fans think?

It’s part of their act isn’t it, they’ve been irrelevant to the masses for so long that they are making up for lost time, trying to create division and hatred with a club that couldn’t really give two tosses about them. They couldn’t just be content with the unhealthy frenzy that the media have afforded to them, no they have to remind everyone that they’re at the party. As many have said countless times, and have been ignored countless times, nobody here cares about Leeds Utd, why would we? What we do take issue with is their dick head fans giving it the Charlie Big Potatoes routine at every turn, it’s on here, it’s on Facebook, it’s on Twitter, everywhere you look there’ll be a gathering of mongs over 40 years old telling us that everything we do and stand for is shit and pointless, yet if you have the audacity to say one thing that they don’t agree with the toys come out of the pram.

I’m starting to feel a bit sorry for Killer Whale now, I guess he’s used to impressing everyone with his fancy use of language and Latin American footballing terminology, his act didn’t last long and he’s now shown himself to be no different to almost every other Leeds whopper that inhabits the internet.

One last time, WE DON’T CARE ABOUT LEEDS UNITED, WE JUST DON’T LIKE YOUR DICK HEAD FANS.

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
189 pages and counting. This really is a hymn of hate, impressive in its doggedness.

I understand that you don't like Palace and they come first as your historic rivals, but is there another club apart from them that now preoccupies you guys to the same extent as Leeds?

I don't remember such an extreme animus when I have been to away games against you in the past. In fact it has been milder than most clubs we play, comparable to, I don't know, Reading? More a genteel disgust and distaste than hate.

Clearly not so now. I think that is a good thing. A bit of spice, a bit of hate makes a match more interesting. When spectators are allowed back in of course.

There are plenty of revivified hatreds I will enjoy encountering next season. For the younger fans (and indeed the players!) of clubs like Manchester United and Chelsea it these cauldrons of hate will be a totally new experience. Matches against Man U at Elland Road reach a pitch of vitriol and tastelessness probably only comparable to an Old Firm game in the UK. They really are quite something.

It will be on a smaller scale of course, but now we can add Brighton to the long long list of clubs we hate and are hated by...

Ah! I get it now. Leeds is basically just a jumped-up northern Millwall (without the recent appearance in an FA Cup final, or the classy handling of the return of a decent loan player) :thumbsup:

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Ah! I get it now. Leeds is basically just a jumped-up northern Millwall (without the recent appearance in an FA Cup final, or the classy handling of the return of a decent loan player) :thumbsup:

When Millwall are seen as classier than you , you’ve got a real PR problem

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
Leeds aren't really much to get excited about, I look at their threadbare squad of no-marks and without their loanees and best player and see another Norwich in the making. I recognise only 3 players from their current squad and one of those is the distinctly underwhelming Patrick Bamford. Currently it is a weakened championship team looking to make the huge step up to the PL and compete with #teamslikebrighton . Bielsa is probably waiting to see if the board will back him in the transfer market to be able to compete before siging a new contract and there is a real risk of him walking before the season even starts. Wait though they've brought in some 16yr old defender from Linfield who Bielsa will no doubt turn into the next Ben White, a forward from Wigan who scored 1 goal in 18 championship appearances last season & re-signed some Man City winger on loan for the 3rd season running so I'm getting a tad concerned when you consider all we've managed is to sign Premier league and champions league winning, internationally capped and established top flight player Adam Lallana (for free) and some Dutch international and multi title winning geezer called Veltman from Ajax along with the return of the most highly rated and talked about young defender and player of the season for some dull northern outpost team last season and valued at £35million+. To say I'm worried would be a lie, they don't even register on my worry radar. Leeds Utd, pfft whatever.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Killer Whale is behaving so predictably it's laughable. He was called out as a troll ages ago.

I'd strongly recommend watching this if you want a simple but detailed understanding of trolling.

Specifically, for our lovely Leeds troll, note dissociative imagination; narcissism; the relationship between frequency of posting and negativity and the need for moderating on boards (I wonder if we need some controls around new posters - it's been often discussed on here).

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
They all have a tendency to be tone death and dismissive of anything that isn’t in there favour. An example, a rumour started that Ben White has bought a house in York, that is now considered fact despite a lack of evidence or indeed an actual source, if you challenge the credentials of the such a tale you get the default responses and accuse. Now if you present them the case of Ben buying a new house, actually being seen moving into it and actually seeing him there, surprise surprise apparently it means nothing and they flip the conversation and say “look at these pathetic Brighton fans getting excited that he’s bought a house, what a bunch of losers“. Odd behaviour.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Fortunately Leeds' owner isn't quite as deluded as most of their fans appear to be - and actually aspires to follow our example:

“As a model, I look at clubs like Brighton & Hove Albion and the success they’ve achieved gradually on a sustainable budget. I want to take a similar approach. When we come through the global pandemic, I believe we will be in a good position for the immediate future and also to build for the longer term.” (Andrea Radrizzani, a month or so ago).

If he's true to his word, Leeds won't be splashing huge sums on new players. They may be looking at a transfer budget of (say) £50m - £60m....in which case, splurging £30m on Ben White doesn't seem likely.
Apologies that I haven't been following this thread, so this may well be Fixtures.

Yorkshire Post is reporting today that Leeds have a legally enforcable clause in their loan agreement with RB Leipzig that they MUST buy Augustin now they have been promoted. Trouble is, Bielsa didn't think he was up to it and they didn't extend his loan beyond June 1st.

The fixed price? £20m.

Sent from my SM-A105G using Tapatalk

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
[MENTION=41536]Killer Whale[/MENTION]. Come on son, time to grow up and leave this board. Your contributions are very childish. Whole world out there waiting for you.

Leeds have no natural rivals so trying to create one with Man United is plain daft. It's all one way. Utd don't give a shyt. And you certainly won't have one with us. We have ours.

WilburySeagull

Sep 2, 2017
Hove
This leeds thing has become a bit of a nonsense. Our fans are now coming across as as silly as the opposition. How have we managed to clock up so many pages about a rival team. Its almost like we are trying to reassure ourselves about them but beig too anxious. Surely one thread about Ben White is enough? Or are we exchanging leeds fpr Palace?

super-seagulls

Soup! Why didn’t I get any Soup?
Feb 1, 2011
Probably working!
Killer Whale is behaving so predictably it's laughable. He was called out as a troll ages ago.

I'd strongly recommend watching this if you want a simple but detailed understanding of trolling.

Specifically, for our lovely Leeds troll, note dissociative imagination; narcissism; the relationship between frequency of posting and negativity and the need for moderating on boards (I wonder if we need some controls around new posters - it's been often discussed on here).

South Park covered internet trolling in their usual witty manner. You can imagine some of our ‘friends‘ are like this!

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
So you will sell a player to what Brighton fans deem a 'relegation rival' then. It's fine, as long as we've cleared that one up.

No
This how it goes in the business world.
It starts with a confidential telephone call.......

"Would you be interested in selling us player x?"

"No."

"Oh all right then, thanks anyway"

OR

"Would you be interested in selling us player x?"

"Maybe. He doesn't really fit into our emerging style of play and won't get regular game time with us "

"Okay, let's talk"

So... a player who is generally considered surplice to requirements can be sold to a club that deals with the matter in a professional manner.....whereas Leeds have spectacularly failed to accept White is in Potter's plans (and don't care anyway), not acted in a professional manner and have generally behaved disgracefully.

As White is a significant asset for the future of our club, to sell him to a club like Leeds is deemed to be a mistake - and the wave of toxic emotional blackmail by thousands of Leeds fans demonstrates that the Brighton stance on this matter is correct.

I hope you will understand the nuances of constructive negotiations.....

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Apologies that I haven't been following this thread, so this may well be Fixtures.

Yorkshire Post is reporting today that Leeds have a legally enforcable clause in their loan agreement with RB Leipzig that they MUST buy Augustin now they have been promoted. Trouble is, Bielsa didn't think he was up to it and they didn't extend his loan beyond June 1st.

The fixed price? £20m.

Ooops. :lolol:

super-seagulls

Soup! Why didn’t I get any Soup?
Feb 1, 2011
Probably working!

The fixed price? £20m.

But surely their Godlike manager can coach him into a superstar?
That’s what he does right?

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016

The fixed price? £20m.

That Yorkshire Post article offers a stark comparison to Leeds, who are trying to renege on that £20m obligation.

In 2014/15, Sunderland were in the same position with Inter's Ricardo Alvarez. They lost the tribunal and instead of paying the €10.5m they owed, it ended up costing them nearly twice as much.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here