Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Deluded Leeds (an EFL club) fans

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
This lad has been playing too much Football Manager, Kevin Toms has a lot to answer for.

[tweet]1290774140224507904[/tweet]

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Our 3 1 3 1 3 system is sui generis

Do me a favour [emoji1787]

I’m sure Liverpool will give a damn about your sui generis system as they’re tonking you 4-0.

And you really should wait until end of the season before proclaiming Bielsa a genius... mate, you’ve just come out of the Championship. Things can change veeeeeery quickly when you’re rooted in the relegation zone for months.

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
If Bielsa is a genius for getting Leeds promoted on the second time of asking I have to ask the question that everyone is desperate to know the answer to.

What does that make Neil warnock?

ttgg

Aug 6, 2020
I am sure you are palace but anyway, please provide a link to suggest that Leeds are anywhere near the top 3 or 4 best supported sides in the UK and also please provide links that back up your claim about worldwide support. You are such wannabees, dreaming of a time that is 50 years ago and never to be repeated.

BTW, I looked up 'best supported UK clubs' and 'best supported clubs worldwide' and strangely, though I looked at tons of results, Leeds were nowhere to be seen.

Well here's one...which funnily enough is called "Best Supported Teams". Admittedly it looks like the fella earlier was being a tad ambitious with his claim of top 3 or 4.

https://www.footballgroundmap.com/stats/teams/

Hopefully next season, once we can all get back to live games, you lot might be able try a tiny bit harder and see if you can climb above the mighty QPR and Charlton to get yourselves in the top 30 :lolol: Should be a doddle now that you're such a well established and mighty premiership club

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
I will be happy if we stay up next season. This is something Villa did, albeit only by the skin of their teeth.

My argument would be that we will have a more judicious transfer policy than Villa. They spent a ton of money (£130 million, was it?) and most of the incomers were failures who disturbed the balance of the team. By contrast, we will look for bargains, hopefully in South America where players can be cheaper and Bielsa's name resonates, so they will be easier to recruit. Or we will go for young players from nearer to home, whom Bielsa can coach.

Norwich actually have a manager I quite rate, but they seem happy to become a yo yo club, not investing much as I understand it (I haven't followed the Premier League that closely, I admit). I would expect us to (perhaps) invest more, and certainly more wisely. And for the enhanced squad to meld together into a whole greater than the sum of the parts.

In the season they won the Championship we beat them three nil at Carrow Road, and were a much better team than them for most of the season, tailing off at the end. Who knows why? So we start from a higher base, and have a great manager rather than just a very good one.

The two sides who have come up with us are going to struggle. Football is all about management, and I don't think either of theirs is up to much. I would be very surprised if they do anything but struggle. Brentford fell away (as we did last season) but I consider them a better team than the both of them. (With a better manager for the matter of that).

You argue that the gulf is big between the two leagues and this is apparent in the very first season. But that isn't axiomatic. There are many examples of promoted clubs doing surprisingly well in their first season actually, as the League works out how to play them.

I put it to you that this could well be the same with Leeds. Our 3 1 3 1 3 system is sui generis. (I am sorry to use more Latin, I know some find it irritating, but it best expresses the concept I am trying to communicate). I know Bielsa is a well known coach, but I doubt many Premier League clubs will have been that exercised by Leeds United up to now so as to devise tactics to use against us. I think they will under estimate us.

I therefore expect us to survive for the above reasons, and hope to surprise you by doing it in relative comfort. But we will see about that, as we will see how we do against your good selves.

A replacement for White is a concern, yes, but is eminently achievable. But it all depends on Bielsa. If he doesn't sign, or leaves on a whim during the season all bets are off.

He is that good.

So, you conceed you have not followed the Prem that closely but think Bielsa will keep you up with his style of play?

Get the **** out of here you clown..

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
By contrast, we will look for bargains, hopefully in South America where players can be cheaper and Bielsa's name resonates, so they will be easier to recruit.

Good luck with that, Bielsa's name will mean **** all when it comes to getting a work permit for some South American bargain. We had to wait a year for one of Argentina's most promising youngsters to qualify for a permit.

Our 3 1 3 1 3 system is sui generis. (I am sorry to use more Latin, I know some find it irritating, but it best expresses the concept I am trying to communicate).

You aren't sorry at all, you are just being a prick. The word unique would have summed it up nicely, or cheating as you seem to be using a formation requiring 12 players.

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
But it all depends on Bielsa. If he doesn't sign, or leaves on a whim during the season all bets are off.

He is that good.

If he is that good, please answer me the following....

A, Why is he at Leeds?

B, Why didn't he get you promoted the season before?

I am scratching my head......

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Well here's one...which funnily enough is called "Best Supported Teams". Admittedly it looks like the fella earlier was being a tad ambitious with his claim of top 3 or 4.

Hopefully next season, once we can all get back to live games, you lot might be able try a tiny bit harder and see if you can climb above the mighty QPR and Charlton to get yourselves in the top 30 :lolol: Should be a doddle now that you're such a well established and mighty premiership club

Welcome. Be a dick, and we'll bin you off immediately. Play nicely, and you're welcome to post.

By the way, I'm really not sure what that crappy link is supposed to show, but it says Leeds have 3,760 fans.

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
By contrast, we will look for bargains, hopefully in South America where players can be cheaper and Bielsa's name resonates, so they will be easier to recruit. Or we will go for young players

You do realise that to get a work permit South American players have to have played a certain amount of International games, meaning they won’t be cheap bargain basement signings ( unless of course that God like creature Bielsa can by pass work permit rules??? Oh BTW has Bielsa signed a contract yet??

Young players that’s called an Academy, don’t you have one??

You can’t sign young players to go straight into a Premier League side, but I forgot you have God Like Bielsa who can ‘make ‘ them players in 36 hours..

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Morning, Leeds fan in peace.

It absolutely shocked me to see a thread like this I guess Brighton are another team that are shaken and worried by one of the top 3 or 4 biggest clubs in the country being back in the big time. Only a few more tinpot nothing clubs like yourself to remove from the prem and order will be restored, however the league looks a lot healthier with our name in it.

The best English side ever (1970s Leeds), a fantastic 90s team, worldwide support comparable to only liverpool and real Madrid and barcelona, manchester utd and Juventus ac milan, could add Celtic in too. We fell on hard times but we have often been unlucky as a club, cheated out of numerous European and league and cups in the 70s, a few times in the 90s too, and more recently with our corrupt owners but now we are back, I firmly believe that especially with the worlds best manager we will get top four within the next two seasons and back challenging again, we are like a Dortmund or Napoli of England who they also fell on hard times and well now look.

As for young Ben White, he is begging to stay up here and it paves the way for a cut price deal as I can see him refusing to play for your club again, hes had a taste of the big time now and can't get enough, I can see him being our future captain. Thank you for sending him too us. Good luck for the season, I'm sure you'll be back down with the likes of Bournemouth soon.

I'm going to stick my neck and suggest that this is clearly a spoof account. Nobody could be that dim!

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
I put it to you that this could well be the same with Leeds. Our 3 1 3 1 3 system is sui generis. (I am sorry to use more Latin, I know some find it irritating, but it best expresses the concept I am trying to communicate).

If someone has to look out a dictionary to understand what you are on about, then you are not best expressing what you are trying to communicate. The dictionary definition says 'unique', a perfectly adequate and easily understood word that would have expressed exactly what you wanted to say and made you sound less like Boris Johnson. As you have been keen to advertise your literary credentials, could I recommend Orwell? https://www.writingclasses.com/toolbox/tips-masters/george-orwell-6-questions-6-rules

Obviously after you've read the aptly named: https://whiterosemaths.com/homelearning/year-1/. Your plan for a starting twelve seems to need more urgent correction.

Yes Chef

Apr 11, 2016
In the kitchen

I know you haven't been in the top flight for a generation or so but it is called the Premier LEAGUE now. Unless you think we play rugby.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011

Well you've set the bar low for not trying to be a sanctimonious tit, so give a second post a try. Go on, I believe in you, even if no-one else does.

Danny Wilson Said

May 2, 2020
Palookaville
Strangely enough, although we are apparently doomed to relegation while mighty Leeds are bound for the Champions League places, Oddschecker suggests that we will finish next to each other in lower mid-table. And I thought the bookies were never wrong!

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
I'm going to stick my neck and suggest that this is clearly a spoof account. Nobody could be that dim!

I think we've learned from our interactions with Leeds' more historically successful neighbour Sheffield Wednesday, that what passes for humour for some in Yorkshire is spouting a load of stereotypically arrogant bluster and then pretending that it's a meta joke only understood by those in the know. An overused, to the point of self parody, trope in grubby Alt-Right corners of the internet.

In response I would turn to Test Match Special and wonder whether the majority are laughing with Geoffrey Boycott's self absorbed arrogance, or with everyone else on the show, at the old bigot?

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
22e906c37f49fbf71d8056c07a179088.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here