Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Deluded Leeds (an EFL club) fans

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
What an absolute arrogant deluded wanker that Leeds fan is. WOW

A successful PL manager over the last few years is now supposed to go to Leeds as an apprentice at MIGHTY LEEDS who haven’t been in the PL for 16 years. **** me!

The fall out from The Leeds United - Pride of Yorkshire, when Elsa is unveiled at Barcelona in a couple of weeks is going to be glorious.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
The fall out from The Leeds United - Pride of Yorkshire, when Elsa is unveiled at Barcelona in a couple of weeks is going to be glorious.

Let’s hold that thought until Killer Whale has explained why it is a totally reasonable suggestion about Smug, who will then be able to make the step up to Leeds manager, a logic which we have failed to comprehend :lolol:

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Imagine if they approached Howe with that "idea". I'd humour it.

"Yes I'm very interested. My remuneration will be £115k p/w, with a £3m signing on fee - 5 year deal."

Shuggie

Sep 19, 2003
East Sussex coast
It was neither a false argument nor a smoke screen and you haven't refuted it. My case was that it is not (necessarily) "deluded" for Leeds fans to believe that theirs is a "bigger" club than Brighton despite all that you (rightly) mention. Brighton indeed has a richer owner, more accrued financial reserves from some time in the Premier League, a more up to date stadium (although arguably far less characterful than the larger and less generic one in West Yorkshire), a better squad on paper, and a training academy that is longer established at Category One.

And that they might feel that Ben White might take that more storied history (and the potential it might offer) into account and despite the above, wish to stay at Leeds. Along with the (far more relevant fact it seems to me) that he would be playing Premier League football every week, and therefore playing at the highest level of his life, of incalculable benefit for his professional development as a young player.

That was my case, and I rest it. We will have to agree to differ.

But, you know what? I don't go along with the love that football fans have for their favoured players. It is cringe inducing actually. Currently at Leeds it is White, but there have been so many others. It is not reciprocated, there is no loyalty, none whatsoever. He probably doesn't care that much about either club long term. He wants to play for the biggest club he can, gain international honours, fame, and lot and lots of money. Both clubs are stepping stones to that.

That is fine, that is how it is, but let's not kid ourselves otherwise. Either of us.

Look here, fat fish,

Stepping stones
Ben is but one of a number of excellent prospects lucky enough to be part of BHA's player development programme. He had little or no agency in the choice of loan last year - all of that was planned under BHA's guiding hand, just like his previous six years at the club. You are indeed a stepping stone to BHA's ambitions but that is all. Ben is already taken care of, thank you very much.

Gratitude
One day, we hope we will have fond memories of the time an England captain played for us, little old Brighton. When the time comes for him to move on, we will all wish him well. But if he just turns out to be another Lewis Dunk or Adam El Abd, no problem. Some of us are old enough to remember Bobby Smith, Peter Ward, Mark Lawrenson and others. We were also grateful for the time Lingard and Tomori spent here. Come to that, Frank Worthington & Martin Chivers. Derby are most gracious about having their player of the year on loan from us this year. Whereas Leeds …

Rancid fans
Leeds, big club that they are, struggle to wish him well and seem to feel they have earned some inalienable right to possess him. If I were asked to counsel young White, I would ask him to reflect on the undercurrent of bitterness & resentment already in evidence and ask him to think about how much worse that might be if he was actually their player. Leeds “has form” as the saying goes. In fact I’d have a quiet word with Zamora and put White in touch with Rio to get some insight on just how toxic the fanbase is https://www.leeds-live.co.uk/sport/leeds-united/leeds-rio-ferdinand-man-utd-18277511

The England international’s move down the M62 provoked nothing like the reaction to Alan Smith making the same transfer later. However, there was anger and vitriol enough for Ferdinand to receive a personal warning from West Yorkshire Police for what he should do to remain safe.

You need to wake up to how clubs and agents operate. It would be no surprise if conversations along these lines weren’t already happening behind the scenes. One of the grandchildren was mightily put out recently when she had to give back a doll she had borrowed. But at least she had an excuse, she’s three years old.

The loan system
The junior club benefits from having a player beyond its means whilst the parent club benefits from their player playing real games. If it goes well, the junior partner ends up in a better position than they otherwise would have been whilst the player’s development is accelerated for the parent club. It's a temporary arrangement, nothing more. Thank you very much. You retain no residual property rights, none whatsoever.

The stroppy PE teacher
(a) go figure out why Bielsa has not yet extended his contract. You should be getting quite worried about this as a quarter of the time available to build your PL team has slipped through your fingers already
(b) in he name of God, can you reconcile Ben's stellar progress with Bielsa's abject failure to transform any of the other two dozen professional footballers at his disposal in Yorkshire
You really need to wake up to what is happening in front of your eyes.

Spotty kids at the school disco
It would cheer us all up if you could stop pining after Ben like a lovelorn teenager. He is very much out of your league. I’m sure you can get a sympathy shag out of John Stones though if you ask nicely.

Post hoc logical fallacy

Just something to pamper the pseudo-intellectual in you: see post 1907 in the Ben White thread: “Bielsa … what a load of cock”.

Or just **** off.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Most Leeds fans in person are OK. I work with some that are very level headed and decent.

It’s only these faceless online cockwombles that embarrass themselves / the club.

And indeed, manager not signed a deal, no new signings and only a couple of weeks until pre season starts

Well the line of purple-faced, spittle-flecked 50-somethings trying to get at the fans - including lots of women and kids - heading for the bus park at the Amex last time they visited were none of ‘OK’, ‘decent’ or ‘level-headed’.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
What an absolute arrogant deluded wanker that Leeds fan is. WOW

A successful PL manager over the last few years is now supposed to go to Leeds as an apprentice at MIGHTY LEEDS who haven’t been in the PL for 16 years. **** me!

I think that tweet is the current front-runner for delusion. I cannot imagine how a grown-up would write something like that.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Let’s hold that thought until Killer Whale has explained why it is a totally reasonable suggestion about Smug, who will then be able to make the step up to Leeds manager, a logic which we have failed to comprehend :lolol:

Quoting Conrad,Plato, and Dostoyevsky along the way.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Look here, fat fish,

Stepping stones
Ben is but one of a number of excellent prospects lucky enough to be part of BHA's player development programme. He had little or no agency in the choice of loan last year - all of that was planned under BHA's guiding hand, just like his previous six years at the club. You are indeed a stepping stone to BHA's ambitions but that is all. Ben is already taken care of, thank you very much.

Gratitude
One day, we hope we will have fond memories of the time an England captain played for us, little old Brighton. When the time comes for him to move on, we will all wish him well. But if he just turns out to be another Lewis Dunk or Adam El Abd, no problem. Some of us are old enough to remember Bobby Smith, Peter Ward, Mark Lawrenson and others. We were also grateful for the time Lingard and Tomori spent here. Come to that, Frank Worthington & Martin Chivers. Derby are most gracious about having their player of the year on loan from us this year. Whereas Leeds …

Rancid fans
Leeds, big club that they are, struggle to wish him well and seem to feel they have earned some inalienable right to possess him. If I were asked to counsel young White, I would ask him to reflect on the undercurrent of bitterness & resentment already in evidence and ask him to think about how much worse that might be if he was actually their player. Leeds “has form” as the saying goes. In fact I’d have a quiet word with Zamora and put White in touch with Rio to get some insight on just how toxic the fanbase is https://www.leeds-live.co.uk/sport/leeds-united/leeds-rio-ferdinand-man-utd-18277511

The England international’s move down the M62 provoked nothing like the reaction to Alan Smith making the same transfer later. However, there was anger and vitriol enough for Ferdinand to receive a personal warning from West Yorkshire Police for what he should do to remain safe.

You need to wake up to how clubs and agents operate. It would be no surprise if conversations along these lines weren’t already happening behind the scenes. One of the grandchildren was mightily put out recently when she had to give back a doll she had borrowed. But at least she had an excuse, she’s three years old.

The loan system
The junior club benefits from having a player beyond its means whilst the parent club benefits from their player playing real games. If it goes well, the junior partner ends up in a better position than they otherwise would have been whilst the player’s development is accelerated for the parent club. It's a temporary arrangement, nothing more. Thank you very much. You retain no residual property rights, none whatsoever.

The stroppy PE teacher
(a) go figure out why Bielsa has not yet extended his contract. You should be getting quite worried about this as a quarter of the time available to build your PL team has slipped through your fingers already
(b) in he name of God, can you reconcile Ben's stellar progress with Bielsa's abject failure to transform any of the other two dozen professional footballers at his disposal in Yorkshire

It would cheer us all up if you could stop pining after Ben like a lovelorn teenager. He is very much out of your league. I’m sure you can get a sympathy shag out of John Stones though if you ask nicely.

Post hoc logical fallacy

Just something to pamper the pseudo-intellectual in you: see post 1907 in the Ben White thread: “Bielsa … what a load of cock”.

Or just **** off.

Take a bow, son [emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122]

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Well the line of purple-faced, spittle-flecked 50-somethings trying to get at the fans - including lots of women and kids - heading for the bus park at the Amex last time they visited were none of ‘OK’, ‘decent’ or ‘level-headed’.

To be fair to them, they had spent from halftime drinking in the away end concourse because we had put 4 past them in the first half and they didn’t fancy watching the second half.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton

And that they might feel that Ben White might take that more storied history (and the potential it might offer) into account and despite the above, wish to stay at Leeds. Along with the (far more relevant fact it seems to me) that he would be playing Premier League football every week, and therefore playing at the highest level of his life, of incalculable benefit for his professional development as a young player.

You are at least more polite and reasonable then most Leeds fans online, tough nosed and able to give and take banter, I give you that.

However you are as deluded as the rest of the Leeds fan base I’m afraid. Ben White is frankly nothing to do with you or your club. We loaned him out to a Championship side for his continued development. It could have been Fulham, it could have been Derby. You guys were lucky it was you.

He helped you, and that’s the end of the story, he has now returned to his parent club for the new season. That’s it. The parent club who has him on a contract. The club who is entering its fourth consecutive season in the PL with a very exciting squad and talented English manager. With one of the best owners in the league.

Again this is the delusion that continues to be entertaining: Ben White has nothing to do with you or your club. He is not “Leeds through and through” and he wasn’t “made by Bielsa”.

Move on. End of story.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Harrogate Town promoted.

I think living within 15 miles of Leeds means Bielsa's aura has done its magic.

Well done Harrogate, but you wouldn't have done it without Leeds.

albionfan37

Aug 14, 2014
What’s it called? Cumbernauld
Look here, fat fish,

Stepping stones

Gratitude

Rancid fans

The loan system

The stroppy PE teacher

Post hoc logical fallacy

Or just **** off.
Put that in your pipe n smoke it tunaboy

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Now smug Eddie should go up there and manage their U23s as part of his managerial development. Wow just wow

1eb4af8b6842a707ed56c27b80e66e55.jpg

Oh my God. I can’t believe what I’m reading. Absolutely no clue about Leeds’ standing in modern football. This is the Eddie Howe who was being touted for the Arsenal job not so long ago. Not content with insulting Ben White (‘he was nothing before Bielsa’) they have moved on to Eddie Howe.

Last edited:

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016
Oh my God. I can’t believe what I’m reading. Absolutely no clue about Leeds’ standing in modern football. This is the Eddie Howe who was being touted for the Arsenal job not so long ago. Not content with insulting Ben White (‘he was nothing before Bielsa’) they have moved on to Eddie Howe.

As with many of the Leeds tweets we are laughing at, I am not sure he is entirely serious!

(surely..?)

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Look here, fat fish,

Stepping stones

Gratitude

Rancid fans

The loan system

The stroppy PE teacher

Post hoc logical fallacy

Or just **** off.

Yep, all of this, Nailed it :thumbsup:

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...
noticed that leeds have their own 'leeds United specials' section on the sky bet website, no other club does, they must be making an absolute killing with all those bets in Ben white :lolol:

also noticed that they're 16/1 to sign mr tumble (far from the favourites, however). that really is a match made in heaven

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here