Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Deluded Leeds (an EFL club) fans

Killer Whale

Banned
Jul 27, 2020
If , as you say, that Bielsa is the only leader at the club, why was Augestein originally signed? If he was that bad, attitude fitness, etc, how come that wasn’t picked up?
He wasn’t cut price, he can’t have been a punt, at that price, what was the initial attraction given his history with Monaco, and to a certain extent Leipzig? From the outside, it looks like someone got this loan/ deal very wrong.

Yes it was got very wrong, and it is going to cost us..

Was Bielsa responsible? I don't know is the honest answer. The fans blame Victor Orta the Director of Football, who is as unpopular as Bielsa is loved...

The point is that Bielsa took responsibility for the situation we (he?) had landed ourselves in and got us promoted anyway. With just one, indifferent, striker. Who does that?

The great irony is that we scored far fewer goals than Brentford. This from a manager whose guiding principle is attack attack attack. But our defence was the best in the League, and that is what got us up.

Why do you think we rate Ben White so highly?

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
I don't know. That is the honest answer.

His brother thinks he will sign, if that means anything. It probably doesn't, I don't know how much they talk.

He is a totally unpredictable character, a mad genius. Leaving Lazio after two days. Who dies that, without another job to go to? Totally crazy.

He is not called El Loco for nothing...

But isn't football enlivened by interesting, colourful characters? Is there a thread on this website, at inordinate length, discussing Dean Smith?

If so, what would there even be to say?

How many times do you have to be told ? This is not a thread about Bielsa. It’s mainly you mentioning him when you post your Bielsa eulogies. This thread is about deluded Leeds fans like yourself.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Wouldn't swap GP for this nut bar in a month of Sundays.

Looking likely he'll walk out on you too if you don't start making some impressive signings.

Good luck with that, you're certainly going to need it.

And that's just the point. Signing players at a price is one thing getting the right ones, well we know that can be an issue. Big things mentioned about the cost of the new training development, being the biggest investment ever at Leeds. This is when the reality will hit home, Tony has invested over 300m and part of that has been on 20m flops, for whatever reason haven't worked out. Bielsa has a record of leaving unexpectedly, so after "his" targets have been secured and he leaves they're screwed.

No talk of long term security where the club is looking beyond this summer buying. It's almost panic buying to satisfy a madman.

To believe he will certainly keep them up at a breeze is pure fantasy and so foolish.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
If , as you say, that Bielsa is the only leader at the club, why was Augestein originally signed? If he was that bad, attitude fitness, etc, how come that wasn’t picked up?
He wasn’t cut price, he can’t have been a punt, at that price, what was the initial attraction given his history with Monaco, and to a certain extent Leipzig? From the outside, it looks like someone got this loan/ deal very wrong.

It was a deal whereby Leeds have to buy at the end of the season, I believe, for £18m. Leeds are trying to wriggle out of it but the Leipzig chief excec has stated that they won't budge on it. So Leeds will have the fork out £18m and pay his wages whether he fits into Bielsa's plans or not.
This is the down side of the Bielsa approach and will mean that the Leeds board will now struggle to move Augestin on. ( this is my understanding of the situation but open to challenge).

Killer Whale

Banned
Jul 27, 2020
He does sound a character. but also hard work. It sounds like you can't build the future of Leeds around him as he could walk away at any time. Surely if you want to really build something you need to be stable.

I want him to stay for as long as possible. Having one manager for as long even as two years is unimagined stability for us!

I fear if he does leave we will go straight back down. The money we have now will soon be gone, and our squad is unexceptionable, objectively.

We need him more than he needs us, that is the sad reality. If he does stay we will cross the bridge of him leaving when we come to it.

If we get taken over by a money bags entity he will instantly walk, whatever the contract he signs, (if does so), imo.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
And that's just the point. Signing players at a price is one thing getting the right ones, well we know that can be an issue. Big things mentioned about the cost of the new training development, being the biggest investment ever at Leeds. This is when the reality will hit home, Tony has invested over 300m and part of that has been on 20m flops, for whatever reason haven't worked out. Bielsa has a record of leaving unexpectedly, so after "his" targets have been secured and he leaves they're screwed.

No talk of long term security where the club is looking beyond this summer buying. It's almost panic buying to satisfy a madman.

To believe he will certainly keep them up at a breeze is pure fantasy and so foolish.

This is the essence of the thread (or should be). There are swathes of Leeds fans all over social media (including Waccoe but I can't see that any more) who think they are going to swan into the PL and take it by storm....rightful place....back were we belong.....top ten.....challenging for Europe......why would any player sign for anyone except a huge club like us........etc etc etc. They don't seem to think there is a step up, and the team that breezed the Championship is immediately mid-table PL material.

They might do a Sheff Utd, but far, far more likely they'll be next season's PL Fulham IMO. You can't reason with them though, they're not open to debate.

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
Augustin failed to meet Bielsa's strict fitness and weight requirements. It also sounds as though he has a massively over inflated ego.

Sounds like he should have been right at home in God's own country? What went wrong?

By the way, I've always wondered - why doesn't Geoffrey "Professional Yorkshireman" Boycott support the mighty whites? Seems like a match made in heaven...

Man United fan isn't he?

Killer Whale

Banned
Jul 27, 2020
How many times do you have to be told ? This is not a thread about Bielsa. It’s mainly you mentioning him when you post your Bielsa eulogies. This thread is about deluded Leeds fans like yourself.

Strangely enough, agreeing with how deluded I and my fellow Leeds fans are is not my motivation for contributing to the thread.

I wanted to talk about the excitement there is at the club right now, what an interesting character Bielsa is, how wonderful the football is to watch, and what the prospects are for next season. Giving you a different perspective.

I realise that this will only confirm how "deluded" I am, to some posters including you, but that is fine. You are going to say I am "showing my true colours" (I have always been upfront in fact) and that my "mask has slipped" whatever I say. (There is no mask to slip).

You seem a sensible lot on the whole, you know your football many of you, and I think my posts will be of interest to some of you. A thread is just a tag for hanging one's random thoughts on, websites are often far too concerned that matters are off topic.

Also I have at times wound you up. Since this is a thread intended to wind Leeds fans up, or to laugh at their expense (which is fine, this is a football fans forum) that seems fair enough to me.

But I am actually rather impressed that you have taken my ribbing in such good part. And tolerated such lengthy discourses on El Loco. Fair play.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Sounds like he should have been right at home in God's own country? What went wrong?

By the way, I've always wondered - why doesn't Geoffrey "Professional Yorkshireman" Boycott support the mighty whites? Seems like a match made in heaven...

Man United fan isn't he?

I believe so, but Boycott isn't from Leeds. By rights, he should support Barnsley. He did play for Leeds U18s for a little while.

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit
I want him to stay for as long as possible. Having one manager for as long even as two years is unimagined stability for us!

I fear if he does leave we will go straight back down. The money we have now will soon be gone, and our squad is unexceptionable, objectively.

We need him more than he needs us, that is the sad reality. If he does stay we will cross the bridge of him leaving when we come to it.

If we get taken over by a money bags entity he will instantly walk, whatever the contract he signs, (if does so), imo.

I for one have enjoyed your contributions on this board, mostly very rational and honest (and you haven't been banned unlike on some other boards, why would you have been ?).

I fail to see though why you remain as it has just turned into a Bielsa bashing and abuse thread.

There will will be a few on here eating humble pie if Bielsa does what you say, and the majority on here have no idea whether he is capable or not.

PS The Leeds fans round here are mostly sane and do realise the step up is possibly quite big..

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
NSC will be fun IF White ends up at Leeds :smile:

Really? We'd come away with a fat wedge of cash for a player we've never needed to use in the PL previously. I think we'd be pretty happy to be honest.

It really is win-win for us whatever happens, that's what's so amusing about Leeds fans' impotent fury at being our feeder club.

Killer Whale

Banned
Jul 27, 2020
I’d read that, too. What’s your take on that [MENTION=41536]Killer Whale[/MENTION] ?

I don't know if it is true.

If it is, I don't have an answer to why Bielsa didn't at first feel the need for White, it will presumably have to do with how strong he felt the defence was at the time, with Cooper, Beradi and Pontus all actively playing, and doing well. He famously likes small, tightly knit squads.

What I do know is that having first started to work with him, he saw the potential. He told Cooper he would turn him into the best defender in the Championship and the transformation he made to him was extraordinary. But Cooper is far less naturally talented than White. So of course he did even better with Ben.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Strangely enough, agreeing with how deluded I and my fellow Leeds fans are is not my motivation for contributing to the thread.

I wanted to talk about the excitement there is at the club right now, what an interesting character Bielsa is, how wonderful the football is to watch, and what the prospects are for next season. Giving you a different perspective.

I realise that this will only confirm how "deluded" I am, to some posters including you, but that is fine. You are going to say I am "showing my true colours" (I have always been upfront in fact) and that my "mask has slipped" whatever I say. (There is no mask to slip).

You seem a sensible lot on the whole, you know your football many of you, and I think my posts will be of interest to some of you. A thread is just a tag for hanging one's random thoughts on, websites are often far too concerned that matters are off topic.

Also I have at times wound you up. Since this is a thread intended to wind Leeds fans up, or to laugh at their expense (which is fine, this is a football fans forum) that seems fair enough to me.

But I am actually rather impressed that you have taken my ribbing in such good part. And tolerated such lengthy discourses on El Loco. Fair play.

You are a very polite poster which makes you a welcome addition to the board. No disputing that.
I have simply pointed out the times you have shown a lack of understanding of the challenges ahead, been disrespectful to my club (eg over Ben White), demonstrated that like many internet Leeds fans you are living in the past and shown an unhealthy devotion to your manager. You seem to need us to join the fan club. Most of us (well, certainly me anyway) don’t actually care and are somewhat bemused by his being talked about as some kind of second coming
of the Messiah. The hyperbole demonstrates insecurity on your part and it’s repetition does not make it true. That brings me back to the thread title which is all about such delusions. Whether or not there is a similar thread on the Villa manager is neither here nor there on a Brighton message board but I would hazard a guess we could generate a thread on their similarly deluded supporters (not Leeds scale delusion obviously but still right up there).

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Really? We'd come away with a fat wedge of cash for a player we've never needed to use in the PL previously. I think we'd be pretty happy to be honest.

It really is win-win for us whatever happens, that's what's so amusing about Leeds fans' impotent fury at being our feeder club.

You don’t know NSC!

Meltdown however much we get for him, strengthening Leeds and living with the gloating

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Cases in point from this season just finished, a season where they by their own standards were brilliant;

Leeds 0 - 1 Swansea
Charlton 1 - 0 Leeds
Millwall 2 - 1 Leeds
Fulham 2 - 1 Leeds
Leeds 0 - 2 Sheff Weds :lol:
QPR 1 - 0 Leeds
Leeds 0 - 1 Wigan
Nottm Forest 2 - 0 Leeds
Cardiff 2 - 0 Leeds

All teams that are worse (much worse in some instances) than Brighton, Saints, West Ham, Villa.

Given all this, I’m confused quite why they’re so certain European qualification is likely.

Any thoughts on this pickle of a situaiton [MENTION=41536]Killer Whale[/MENTION]?

Or do you also feel a large percentage of Leeds fans are getting a little carried away?

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour

Just be aware that when ourselves and Newcastle ran away with league (both with more points than you) I think both sets of fans thought we’d easily hold our own ,

Fulham came up and spend £150 mill and went down , Norwich ran away with the league and went down with a whimper playing the sort of football you do .

Villa , another deluded bunch of fans who thought they’d do a Wolves , spent £150 mill and should have gone down too .

Wolves went up with Prem quality players , you haven’t, you’re top Championship quality outfit , every team in the bottom 8 is better than you currently.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here