Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Deluded Leeds (an EFL club) fans

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
We're Brighton fans, we've had decades where turmoil, turgid dross and mediocrity was a fairly consistent norm.

This brave new world of silky skills, world cup winners, and optimism takes some adjustment for those with a lifetime on the coalface of pessimism!

Its still the hope that kills.
That's a great post !

In the good old days, we had a regular diet of disappointment, but at least we knew what to expect. But there were other positives. When we played at Withdean, the walk home to Patcham in stony silence wasn't as long as when we played at the Goldstone.

phoenix

May 18, 2009
We're Brighton fans, we've had decades where turmoil, turgid dross and mediocrity was a fairly consistent norm.

This brave new world of silky skills, world cup winners, and optimism takes some adjustment for those with a lifetime on the coalface of pessimism!

Its still the hope that kills.
I have to say that is a perfect description of well, me excellent post (y)

Ha ha just read the post above,

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
This level of confidence bordering on arrogance makes me nervous. Bound to come back and bite us on the bum. Much more relaxed when when we used to go into away games hoping we’d scrape a 0-0 draw! (Wouldn’t change where we are now for the world of course)
Um yeah if it was De Zerbi and the players talking about it like this. But it isn't, it's a group of fans on the Internet voicing an opinion.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
This level of confidence bordering on arrogance makes me nervous. Bound to come back and bite us on the bum. Much more relaxed when when we used to go into away games hoping we’d scrape a 0-0 draw! (Wouldn’t change where we are now for the world of course)
I don't think it's us being confident of not losing, I think it's asking why we're included in a group of 'winnable' home fixtures for them, while 3 sides are excluded from it.

Our away form this season is actually better than the 3 teams they've excluded from that list of so called winnable home games.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
I can see it being called off on Saturday, as it's heavy snow forecast all day Thursday and into Friday now. If not, wrap up warm!

First winter since we've lived here that we've not had any, so it's long overdue.
That's a good shout. Looks like constant snow Thursday, Friday and Saturday!! On weather.com.

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patron
Aug 7, 2003
That's a good shout. Looks like constant snow Thursday, Friday and Saturday!! On weather.com.

soccer-league-division-three-brighton-v-halifax-goldstone-ground-G6GHX2.jpg

Snow, pah! Not a glove in sight

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
Do you think Leeds fans base their predictions on previous results, or do they use something else? Voices in their heads? Yorkshire tea leaves?

That list of 'winnable' games (not just Brighton), is right out there....
One of the replies agreed that Leeds would beat Brighton because "we haven't beaten them for a long time and it's our turn".

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
One of the replies agreed that Leeds would beat Brighton because "we haven't beaten them for a long time and it's our turn".
My rational for West Ham turning us over.

Dibdab

Sep 28, 2021
Last season at Elland Road Leeds were utter turd and we were playing possibly the best football in our history and we let them twank a late equaliser. Nothings certain but I'd love to beat them up there.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Can’t see it, looks like mostly rain/sleet overnight thurs and Friday. Reckon undersoil heating will cover what snow there is
We rarely seem to get sleet here for some reason - when it says sleet, its usually snow.

That said I live about 100m higher up than Elland Road.

Of course it's winnable for them, any game is winnable irrespective of where you are in the table(Chelsea saints prime example)! And, not forgetting they do seem to play well against us and their crowd make it a tough place. That said, we are very capable of steamrollering them although a simple 1-0 win will do for me🙂🫰

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here