Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Deluded Leeds (an EFL club) fans

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Banned for being an away fan spamming the BB with BS - has always been the standard we've applied, afaik.

Albion fans have always had a lot more slack - they're one of us.

On the bear pit - you're in a substantial minority (3:1 for it, last time I looked). Doesn't make you wrong, of course - just in a substantial minority.

Away fans are always tolerated if they don't get abusive and stick to threads about their club. This guy did nothing wrong on here other than dare to defend his club on a thread with hundreds of posts battering it.

Plus, evidence or not, I'd have a bet with anyone on here that he's correct and not taking BS, that Ben White does want to be transferred to Leeds.

I know I'm in the minority of that poll. That's my point, NSC used to welcome any point of view and encourage it to be argued against by the majority. Its more intolerant now.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
So if someone was a racist, homophobe on Facebook, or Twitter or another social media outlet, but came on here and was all sweetness and light then that would be acceptable?

Completely different kettle of fish to a Leeds fan who can’t accept that Ben White has not been priced at 50 million by BHA and has thrown his toys out of the pram because he hasn’t signed for Leeds though.

Dougie posts shit whenever he appears on here but appears telfon coated where bans are concerned.

Just questioning the consistency of banning :shrug:

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
They are not letting it go, still very bitter on wacko

12 hours ago, Russell Doig said:
Yes that Shack. Or Gotts or McAlmont or Casey or Edmondson. Of course they watched him. I don’t think our club have done anything wrong but neither have Brighton. I’d say both sides played a blinder. A bunch of our fans are looking like a set of big time Charlie’s though with absolutely no justification. They own him. They invested in him and can value him as high as they want. I’d want us to do the same.

No they do not.
They have a contract with him. What you are really seeing is blatant exploitation, as it is not trendy and too much of an arse to think it through-it is ignored.......................
TBF, that Russell Dog feller seems to be one of the few Leeds fans with an understanding of reality.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Based on what, out of interest?

The fact that he is adored, is a guaranteed starter, loved his time at Mighty Leeds and is missing his Leeds mates? Probably also thinks we are a bit small time in comparison :wink:

Stato

Dec 21, 2011

In this warped age of wannabes minority persecution there are many forms of downright exploitation-- this is one case. Brighton is not a ****ing plantation. Bielsa did improve Ben White beyond all recognition- not Brighton. And far more important who should enjoy that improvement are White and Leeds United. The fact that White is behaving like an upper class Uncle Tom is his business. The fact we improved a product without protecting ourselves is ours fault.
But, nothing changes the fact that this apprenticeship is modified slavery. That was no slip of the tongue you made, RD. And Brighton are a bunch of classless jumped up wankers who got lucky.

Absolutely priceless. Equating someone who has signed a contract that, whilst in football terms is probably not lavish, in real world terms sees him able to take out a mortgage on a million pound house, with the plight of slaves is top tier idiocy. The fact that he follows this up with a reference to Ben as a product that completely undercuts his point is a superb topper. He seems to think that Ben is getting thirty quid a week as an apprentice. Presumably he thinks that he'd be happier at Leeds because they won't make him clean boots after every match. The phrase 'upper class Uncle Tom' is also ridiculously muddle-headed. What is he on about? What relevance has class? Is Ben White upper class? Or did the poster think that using this adjective would make his use of the phrase 'Uncle Tom' less racially charged and insulting? It didn't. We're now but one step away from them comparing our transfer practices to the Nazis. Surely Godwin's Law will be applied before they are done.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Banned for being repetitive? I think you could kick off half of the board then. People aren't banned for constantly saying Stephens only passes sideways and backwards, despite the evidence that this isn't true.

This and the bear pit, NSC has got to 'effin precious.

He was trolling, fishing and warned for it. He took no notice.

Brighton fans are entitled to their own opinions on Brighton matches even when they’re wrong. That’s all part & parcel of a forum, but away fans who post here purely to troll are dealt with accordingly.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003

12 hours ago, Russell Doig said:
Yes that Shack. Or Gotts or McAlmont or Casey or Edmondson. Of course they watched him. I don’t think our club have done anything wrong but neither have Brighton. I’d say both sides played a blinder. A bunch of our fans are looking like a set of big time Charlie’s though with absolutely no justification. They own him. They invested in him and can value him as high as they want. I’d want us to do the same.

No they do not.
They have a contract with him. What you are really seeing is blatant exploitation, as it is not trendy and too much of an arse to think it through-it is ignored.
This is a young man, like so many others, who want to earn and learn a trade. If he were sent out as trainee at the expense of his firm then he signs a reasonable contract. If he is offered another contract, he is free to go -with agreed compensation as part of the contract. To set absurd conditions is usury and slavery at one. That twats like Chelsea and Brighton go in for full time exploitation does not make them owners. In this warped age of wannabes minority persecution there are many forms of downright exploitation-- this is one case. Brighton is not a ****ing plantation. Bielsa did improve Ben White beyond all recognition- not Brighton. And far more important who should enjoy that improvement are White and Leeds United. The fact that White is behaving like an upper class Uncle Tom is his business. The fact we improved a product without protecting ourselves is ours fault.
But, nothing changes the fact that this apprenticeship is modified slavery. That was no slip of the tongue you made, RD. And Brighton are a bunch of classless jumped up wankers who got lucky.

( And, no, this is not personal. Even if I have an extreme view, it does not negate my right to have it or express it. Nor does it negates anyone's obligation not to be personal and insulting)

I believe the club are submitting plans as we speak to change the main building at the training complex to look like this -

mont royal.jpg

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Plus, evidence or not, I'd have a bet with anyone on here that he's correct and not taking BS, that Ben White does want to be transferred to Leeds.

Please explain why Ben bought a house worth over £900K within a week of the Championship finishing, in Worthing.
It takes a few weeks to complete a house purchase even if you’re a cash buyer so it wasn’t a spur of the moment decision, thinking Oh dear, Brighton aren’t going to let me go, after all.
He also went on holiday with Aaron Connolly exactly the same as he did last year,so obviously has friendship ties here as well.

Of course he enjoyed the success at Leeds, in the same way he enjoyed his success at Newport County. It’s easy to find photos of both where he looks equally as delighted.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Based on what, out of interest?

Do I have to repost my epic text on the matter for a third time? Took me ages to write :lolol:

Here's the highlights ;) I think my full post is worth a read though, which argues what we all know, why we are sure he will ultimately find Brighton an even better place to be. https://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?381368-Deluded-Leeds-fans/page84

I think White would be delighted to go. Not saying he wouldn't be excited to stay either, he will be in the premier league regardless, but if he really had a choice....?

Look at the evidence. He's loved by their fans, the players, the manager. He's been an integral part of their most successful season in almost two decades, playing every minute and named man of the match on numerous occasions. He knows he would be 100% on the pitch first game next season, and like all footballers he will want to play. He knows Leeds style of play, he knows that he perfectly fits their style of play, he knows his teammates and how they play. Bielsa IS a top coach, and he knows he'll be in good hands there. He is more suited to succeed instantly at Leeds. If his ambition is to go all the way to the top, the quickest route is through Leeds.

At Brighton he doesn't (yet) know these things. They're are far more uncertainties at Brighton than Leeds. He probably won't be in the starting eleven for the first game of the season and will have to fight for a chance, and he has to learn our style and where he fits.

But most of all, I don't think the reason why he would want to go has anything to do with whether the fans are better or the clubs history better or the setup better or the manager better. He would want to go simply because he's just had the best year of his life and why would anyone in that position want to change that? Just human nature. If you're enjoying yourself, stay on that ride as long as you can.

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
Or alternatively he sees us as a far better prospect going forwards and would rather stay here. Leeds are still weaker than when they were promoted. Bielsa could walk. So much uncertainty. The picture you draw is comparable to someone having a holiday romance and assuming it will continue when they get home. What if a big club goes in for Phillips? What if cooper, ayling and other defenders are found out in the prem? He could see his star drop in a poor side.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Do I have to repost my epic text on the matter for a third time? Took me ages to write :lolol:

Here's the highlights ;) I think my full post is worth a read though, which argues what we all know, why we are sure he will ultimately find Brighton an even better place to be. https://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?381368-Deluded-Leeds-fans/page84

I think White would be delighted to go. Not saying he wouldn't be excited to stay either, he will be in the premier league regardless, but if he really had a choice....?

Look at the evidence. He's loved by their fans, the players, the manager. He's been an integral part of their most successful season in almost two decades, playing every minute and named man of the match on numerous occasions. He knows he would be 100% on the pitch first game next season, and like all footballers he will want to play. He knows Leeds style of play, he knows that he perfectly fits their style of play, he knows his teammates and how they play. Bielsa IS a top coach, and he knows he'll be in good hands there. He is more suited to succeed instantly at Leeds. If his ambition is to go all the way to the top, the quickest route is through Leeds.

At Brighton he doesn't (yet) know these things. They're are far more uncertainties at Brighton than Leeds. He probably won't be in the starting eleven for the first game of the season and will have to fight for a chance, and he has to learn our style and where he fits.

But most of all, I don't think the reason why he would want to go has anything to do with whether the fans are better or the clubs history better or the setup better or the manager better. He would want to go simply because he's just had the best year of his life and why would anyone in that position want to change that? Just human nature. If you're enjoying yourself, stay on that ride as long as you can.

Could always hand in a transfer request. He hasn’t though. Doesn’t undermine what you’ve said, just implies it’s not big an issue for him

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

It’s called growing up.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Please explain why Ben bought a house worth over £900K within a week of the Championship finishing, in Worthing.
It takes a few weeks to complete a house purchase even if you’re a cash buyer so it wasn’t a spur of the moment decision, thinking Oh dear, Brighton aren’t going to let me go, after all.
He also went on holiday with Aaron Connolly exactly the same as he did last year,so obviously has friendship ties here as well.

Of course he enjoyed the success at Leeds, in the same way he enjoyed his success at Newport County. It’s easy to find photos of both where he looks equally as delighted.

Why did he buy a house here? Because he's a Brighton player and staying at Brighton this season, and he's known that for a long time. Doesn't change the point that I think he would have welcomed being sold to Leeds (and doesn't change the point that I am sure he will be 100% committed to Brighton. Seems he has the right character and temperament to be in huge demand and tipped for England)

Property is a good investment for a soon to be multi millionaire though. How many 22 year olds buy houses for 900k? Different world :) has he sold his place oop North?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Why did he buy a house here? Because he's a Brighton player and staying at Brighton this season, and he's known that for a long time. Doesn't change the point that I think he would have welcomed being sold to Leeds (and doesn't change the point that I am sure he will be 100% committed to Brighton. Seems he has the right character and temperament to be in huge demand and tipped for England)

Property is a good investment for a soon to be multi millionaire though. How many 22 year olds buy houses for 900k? Different world :) has he sold his place oop North?

Did he buy a house oop north? Is there any evidence he did? Most players on loan are advised to rent. After all, he knew Brighton resisted Leeds attempts to make the deal a loan to buy. We knew his worth then despite what the silly Loiners keep saying.
We have a loan manager whose sole job is to keep an eye on our loanees and advise them, as well as keeping in touch.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here