Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Delle Alli: Where next?

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
Be interesting what Uncle Bob DZ could do with such a player.. With senior pros like Milner, Lallana and Welbz around imagine a prime Dele Alli with his head straight at the Albion..

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Be interesting what Uncle Bob DZ could do with such a player.. With senior pros like Milner, Lallana and Welbz around imagine a prime Dele Alli with his head straight at the Albion..
Couldn't help but think that I'd love for us to move for him. Very high ceiling.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Couldn't help but think that I'd love for us to move for him. Very high ceiling.
No for me. Today's headlines are very sad and I feel for the lad but we're not a 'charity' of sorts. We've got enough old heads and his wage expectation may be still too high. Also not sure whether he'd fit into our dressing room and we know that with RDZ it's his way or the highway!

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

For those of you wondering what has happened to Dele, here he is talking to Gary Neville as part of The Overlap.

I hope those who have repeatedly mocked him are ashamed of themselves. If I have contributed to that in any way I will try to give my head a wobble. It is just so easy to be prejudiced, especially when apparently wealthy people with the world at their feet 'go off the rails'.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Given the Huw Edwards thing - it’s worth reminding people when he was doing really well, at the World Cup - the tabloid press were paying his real mum for interviews about how she felt like she’d lost a son etc etc 🙄

Etc

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
No for me. Today's headlines are very sad and I feel for the lad but we're not a 'charity' of sorts. We've got enough old heads and his wage expectation may be still too high. Also not sure whether he'd fit into our dressing room and we know that with RDZ it's his way or the highway!
Nothing to do with being a charity at all. Also, "old heads"? Not even 28! Potentially hasn't hit his prime yet arguably.

Clearly a player who strives with a strong man manager and has a very, very high ceiling. Just saying I'd love him to achieve that with us as it would mean we had a serious player on our hands.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Just watched it. Sad & enlightening. Huge takeaway that he had to get ahead of the GUTTER press b4 they broke the story.
It's not been a good week for our tabloid press, much like last week and we can be fairly sure it won't be a good week next, either.
But they'll still sell millions of copies.

In fairness there's some pretty shameful takes on this thread as well.

So us getting all high and mighty with the press seems a little two faced.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here