Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Degale v groves

tezz79

Apr 20, 2011
Just watched the ringside special (build up) on sky anytime for this fight, forgot what a gobby c**t degale is !
I hope he gets a beating, I can't believe this is a sky box office fight though..... Takes the piss :annoyed:

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011
DeGale is a very confident young man indeed. He lost to Groves in the amateurs i believe so should be a very good grudge match.

I can't see past DeGale though as he has improved enormously since his amateur days

tezz79

Apr 20, 2011
Don't know much about either of these guys. I think DeGale comes across as a nice guy. Anyway may the best fighter win!

Try and find the interview online mate I'm sure you'll change your view of him lol

Cloughie

Jun 7, 2009
No contest I'm afraid. DeGale will outclass Groves and it will be a comprehensive victory on points or a late stoppage. Groves is a tough sod but DeGale is just too slick.

tezz79

Apr 20, 2011
DeGale is a very confident young man indeed. He lost to Groves in the amateurs i believe so should be a very good grudge match.

I can't see past DeGale though as he has improved enormously since his amateur days
Yeah that's right he did lose to him.
I kind of agree with you but then both are unbeaten as pros so you never know, plus the fact he's been beaten by groves before is bound to creep into his head on the night

tezz79

Apr 20, 2011
No contest I'm afraid. DeGale will outclass Groves and it will be a comprehensive victory on points or a late stoppage. Groves is a tough sod but DeGale is just too slick.

Degale is a counter puncher though & if anyone knows this then groves & his camp do.
It should be a really interesting fight

tezz79

Apr 20, 2011
Yea I've looked, but can't find it. Caught the end of him squaring up to the other guy holding his nose. He seemed a nice bloke at the Olympics, I take he's changed since then?
Yeah mate he's one arrogant tw*t

D

Deleted member 18477

love degale and his cocky attitude! least it adds entertainment. as long as he can back it up with his fists then he can say what he wants. ugly boy haha!

audley harrison however... he should def have kept his mouth shut! although it was hilarious to hear him drivel on and on and on and then throw ONE HOLE PUNCH haha!

tezz79

Apr 20, 2011
Degale will win this fight but like you say is a arrogant prick, a bit like Haye I guess :shrug:
Yeah but I often feel with haye that it's a little more Tongue in cheek (although I didn't at first) plus I think he's earnt the right to trash talk by fighting & convincingly beating a higher class of opponent

tezz79

Apr 20, 2011
love degale and his cocky attitude! least it adds entertainment. as long as he can back it up with his fists then he can say what he wants. ugly boy haha!

audley harrison however... he should def have kept his mouth shut! although it was hilarious to hear him drivel on and on and on and then throw ONE HOLE PUNCH haha!
Lol it wernt funny if (like me) you payed to watch that fight & yeah I should have known better I guess haha

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Scouser Tony Bellew will fight Cleverley now for the World Light-Heavy Championship. This is not a PPV card in my opinion. Four fighters headline the card who have never fought at World level. I would imagine between them they have had barely 60 fights.

Bellew is tough but limited and will be stopped in 6. De Gale should be Groves though I prey he doesn't, the bloke is a grade 1 cock who lacks class.

Britain's best prospect Frankie Gavin is on the undercard and I predict he will go on to superstardom. His the best British fight I have ever seen this early in a career.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Didn't De Gale throw a little strop over losing to Groves on points.
He reminds me of Haye in that I think they put on the trash talk in such a way that it comes across as a bit laughable (not that i'd say that to their faces)

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
PPV should be reserved for marquee fights or stacked cards like the magnificent 7 last year. Only hardcore fight fans will pay for this, and the four fighters need more mainstream exposure on sky sports or at least of won a significant world belt before fans are asked to pay £15 plus subscription.

Pleased sky are showing Hopkins v pascal Sunday morning.

Steveapps71

May 9, 2011
Brighton land
Couldn't agree more, hope De Gale gets put on his arse, unfortunately cant see it, Groves is a brave fighter but think he will be stopped in the late rounds...
To put this on box office is scraping the barrel, I hope now Braemer has pulled out, Sky will switch to one of their normal channels, im a fight fan but would not pay £15
for this fight....box office should only be for massive world title fights, not a grudge match between two brits who having fought anyone..

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here