Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Defund the BBC.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
I’ve seen a lot less clamour for defunding the BBC since the launch of GB “News”.
Perhaps all but the dimmest of gammons has seen a glimpse of what a world without one of the finest and fairest institutions ever to manifest would be like. Quite rightly, VERY few people relish that vision.
Just a shame it took a piss poor, propaganda channel with the production values of Get Stuffed to illustrate that fact.

I actually watched a bit of GB News last night - it was awful.

But a major failing in my view (being deaf and wearing hearing aids) was no sub-titles. Personally I think that’s a major failing.

Luckily I couldn’t hear very well the tripe that was being spouted

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I actually watched a bit of GB News last night - it was awful.

But a major failing in my view (being deaf and wearing hearing aids) was no sub-titles. Personally I think that’s a major failing.

Luckily I couldn’t hear very well the tripe that was being spouted

Typically thoughtless of that sector of society (gammons).
Whereas BBC offers some thirty language subtitles for the hard of hearing and audio description for people with sight problems. Just brilliant.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
I’ve seen a lot less clamour for defunding the BBC since the launch of GB “News”.
Perhaps all but the dimmest of gammons has seen a glimpse of what a world without one of the finest and fairest institutions ever to manifest would be like. Quite rightly, VERY few people relish that vision.
Just a shame it took a piss poor, propaganda channel with the production values of Get Stuffed to illustrate that fact.

I wonder if there's an element of the dog chasing the car with this, won't actually know what to do with it once it catches it. Having the BBC there as a thing they can attack is much better for many of them than actually losing the BBC (and with it everything else that goes with it).

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I wonder if there's an element of the dog chasing the car with this, won't actually know what to do with it once it catches it. Having the BBC there as a thing they can attack is much better for many of them than actually losing the BBC (and with it everything else that goes with it).

I think there is certainly an element of that. Boils down to Gammony Thickets supporting something without thinking the consequences through.

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
I think there is certainly an element of that. Boils down to Gammony Thickets supporting something without thinking the consequences through.

Nothing new is it? We've had 40 years of selling off the country's assets, now we don't own anything and our social wealth is sold off to the private sector. The BBC is the next one on the hit list, just need to poison the minds of enough gullibles. Then I suppose it'll be the NHS, I think they are already selling off parts of it to the private sector

Working classes pursuaded to vote not for their own interests but for plutocracy

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Nothing new is it? We've had 40 years of selling off the country's assets, now we don't own anything and our social wealth is sold off to the private sector. The BBC is the next one on the hit list, just need to poison the minds of enough gullibles. Then I suppose it'll be the NHS, I think they are already selling off parts of it to the private sector

Working classes pursuaded to vote not for their own interests but for plutocracy

Quite. Don't know about the poor man of Europe, we are now the little bitch of Europe. Selling off our assets. Giving away our EU rights and having to pay billions to buy them back as fragile privileges. Insane.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Like all their 'top' presenters
Regards
DF

Perhaps if you found employment, you might not be so bitter towards successful people. Why not go for a job with one of the huge employment opportunities that have opened up because of Brexit? Farmers are desperate for pickers. You’d look good down on a knee.

Randy McNob

Jun 13, 2020
Perhaps if you found employment, you might not be so bitter towards successful people. Why not go for a job with one of the huge employment opportunities that have opened up because of Brexit? Farmers are desperate for pickers. You’d look good down on a knee.

She would also be a top rate taxpayer

Randy McNob

Jun 13, 2020
You know she's overpaid but, you tell yourself otherwise. As I stated earlier though, it's not her fault. If I could get away with it I would too.

overpaid based on ?

Race to the bottom

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here