Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Defund the BBC.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I agree, the elderly and vulnerable should not have to pay, unfortunately the Tories scrapped free licences for over 75s in 2015 as part of austerity

Only for those on low income imho.

My 80 year old parents have great pensions, they should pay it and would want to pay it under any rules.

Why should an increasing numbers of over 75’s as longevity increases, get free benefits at the inevitable cost to others, if they’re fine for money?

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
Comedy is going to be largely left wing because it's a lot funnier to poke fun upwards than to poke fun downwards. Who are all the right wing comedians being denied jobs anyway?

Off the top of my head

Jim Davidson, Roy Chubby Brown, Lee Hurst....?

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
the defund the BBC campaign isn't going very well is it?

the defund GB News is doing much better :lolol:

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
32m people watched the Euro final last night

26m on BBC1
6m on ITV

Once again the British public choosing the BBC when given the choice, just like they do every time. :thumbsup:

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I’ve seen a lot less clamour for defunding the BBC since the launch of GB “News”.
Perhaps all but the dimmest of gammons has seen a glimpse of what a world without one of the finest and fairest institutions ever to manifest would be like. Quite rightly, VERY few people relish that vision.
Just a shame it took a piss poor, propaganda channel with the production values of Get Stuffed to illustrate that fact.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here