Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Defund the BBC.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Mid/late 20's, good educations and doing well in their chosen careers thanks for asking. They constantly remind me that they are the ones who are now taking charge of society and moving the old racist, homophobic, misogynists to the side lines. And they are on course to be in positions to effect things far beyond anything I ever achieved in my lifetime.

I get told off sometimes for some of the things I say having been bought up in the 60s, but I know they're right :blush:

Makes you proud though doesn't it :thumbsup:

same here mate , nursing and teaching degrees being undertaken they are both well adjusted , caring and aware of their privileges , they did not have to deal with their sexuality being questioned which was my point.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Follow the science..
cde52970361fb6e7eb4d9bb1f627e0ff.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Shocking. Unless you know that what actually happened was a teacher told pupils they have come across over a hundred different terms people use to describe their gender identity.

So it's yet again, a load of cobblers. Sigh.

Jan 30, 2008
Shocking. Unless you know that what actually happened was a teacher told pupils they have come across over a hundred different terms people use to describe their gender identity.

So it's yet again, a load of cobblers. Sigh.

Why do young children.need to know that FFS more bollocks or possibly no bollocks
Regards
DF

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Think there needs to be a proper conversation about the BBC and paying for it/what the fee goes towards - wages and programmes made.

The whole concept of having to pay for the right to pay some more for Sky/Virgin is odd

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
You tell em Beefy. https://foxhole.news/2021/02/02/bot...MGzG6MIJOFidQvsYf6jvVYgAh3YgDO6unSq3AuR_ohN3U
#DefundtheBBC

Free licences were introduced by Labour in 1999 as part of a plan to improve conditions for pensioners, with the cost funded by government. But in 2015, the Conservatives announced they would phase this out by 2020 and push the financial burden on to the BBC

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2019/oct/17/free-tv-licence-ends-over-75s-bbc

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Free licences were introduced by Labour in 1999 as part of a plan to improve conditions for pensioners, with the cost funded by government. But in 2015, the Conservatives announced they would phase this out by 2020 and push the financial burden on to the BBC

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2019/oct/17/free-tv-licence-ends-over-75s-bbc

Baker Lite is not interested in the truth, only trolling. Also, anyone who feel sorry for today's pensioners needs a reality check, the vast majority of them are very comfortably off. If they use a service, they should pay for it. It is fantastic value for money.
The free ride for pensioners on a lot of things is due a review. These aren't war veterans, they're boomers with triple lock pensions and government top-ups who had jobs for life, retired at 60 and own 3 and 4 bedroom houses
If you don't use the BBC, you don't pay for it. It's not that tricky.

As an aside, I had a look at that Foxhole site. Wow. It explains a lot of the claptrap BL comes out with. As my Grandad used to say, the world will never be short of dickheads. Too true.

Last edited:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Baker Lite is not interested in the truth, only trolling. Also, anyone who feel sorry for today's pensioners needs a reality check, the vast majority of them are very comfortably off. If they use a service, they should pay for it. It is fantastic value for money.
The free ride for pensioners on a lot of things is due a review. These aren't war veterans, they're boomers with triple lock pensions and government top-ups who had jobs for life, retired at 60 and own 3 and 4 bedroom houses

True. My parents and also some retired clients are set fair, some are incredibly well off. A couple I know in their 60’s who are in effect millionaires, claim and receive the Winter Fuel Payment.

It’s a silly system.

Not all pensioners btw, those without a healthy occupational/private pension, are often not comfortable by anyone’s book. Not all mortgages are paid off by 65 these days.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
True. My parents and also some retired clients are set fair, some are incredibly well off. A couple I know in their 60’s who are in effect millionaires, claim and receive the Winter Fuel Payment.

It’s a silly system.

Not all pensioners btw, those without a healthy occupational/private pension, are often not comfortable by anyone’s book. Not all mortgages are paid off by 65 these days.

True.
But this isn't about pensioners being hounded by debt collectors. This isn't about fees and affordability. It's about the Tory government shutting down a platform that strives to give equal air time to most points of view. And succeeds on the whole.
What the BBC did was take a stand against people passing off opinion as fact. If they had someone on saying the world is a globe, they refused to have someone on saying it's flat just for balance. What they did that really riled the right was refuse to go along with the Leave campaigns lies. The bus, the "we're full" campaigns, the false news spread by people like Tommy Robinson and Farage.

They also pissed off big business and therefore the Tory's when they drew a line and said man made climate change is real. It's real and all reasonable evidence supports this so we are going from there. And they no longer gave air time to people questioning man's effect on the climate.

The Tory's and their supporters are scared shitless of the BBC. They'd rather dwell in their Foxhole echo chambers. All this "They're going after your dear ol' Grandma" is such a smokescreen. Designed to deliberately manipulate little Englanders into siding against the BBC.
It's almost upsetting how easy it is to play this demographic, but they buy each lie this government and dinosaurs like Botham ,feed them. So they keep pushing their luck and getting away with it.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
In another life, Westy and Clampy would be attempting to rehabilitate habitual criminals. Good luck with that on here, lads. ???

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
In another life, Westy and Clampy would be attempting ro rehabilitate habitual criminals. Good luck with that on here, lads. ???

I know, I know. It's fruitless. Sometimes I don't like to see their bullshit going unopposed but you are quite correct. These people are beyond saving.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I know, I know. It's fruitless. Sometimes I don't like to see their bullshit going unopposed but you are quite correct. These people are beyond saving.

On the plus side, Das Reich and Baker Shite now only seem to post in the bear pit. Thy get no affirmation on the main board, having burned too many bridges.

I'm interested in what will happen to that other little shit who got a short ban for gleefully advocating the branding of Jews. Mouldy Boots. Set up his own thread about the recently departed Sir Tom, which has been largely ignored, thankfully (it was all 'me, me, me'). Some interesting psychopathies to consider (or put on ignore) on NSC.

All the best! I'm off now.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
True.
But this isn't about pensioners being hounded by debt collectors. This isn't about fees and affordability. It's about the Tory government shutting down a platform that strives to give equal air time to most points of view. And succeeds on the whole.
What the BBC did was take a stand against people passing off opinion as fact. If they had someone on saying the world is a globe, they refused to have someone on saying it's flat just for balance. What they did that really riled the right was refuse to go along with the Leave campaigns lies. The bus, the "we're full" campaigns, the false news spread by people like Tommy Robinson and Farage.

They also pissed off big business and therefore the Tory's when they drew a line and said man made climate change is real. It's real and all reasonable evidence supports this so we are going from there. And they no longer gave air time to people questioning man's effect on the climate.

The Tory's and their supporters are scared shitless of the BBC. They'd rather dwell in their Foxhole echo chambers. All this "They're going after your dear ol' Grandma" is such a smokescreen. Designed to deliberately manipulate little Englanders into siding against the BBC.
It's almost upsetting how easy it is to play this demographic, but they buy each lie this government and dinosaurs like Botham ,feed them. So they keep pushing their luck and getting away with it.

I’m a huge fan of the BBC’s btw and believe in a compulsory licence fee not because of politics ... simply because so many people in the UK are chancers and will lie that they don’t watch or listen to the BBC. It needs the funding, they make excellent TV and radio.

The BBC is not a centre left organisation holding those dastardly Tories to account. It’s not immune to huge blunders, but aside from that it holds all ‘law makers’ to account. Corbyn wouldn’t go on R4’s Today, scared of the dissection, SNP supporters called it biased against them.

In the minefield of paranoid politics, imho it’s doing a decent job.

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
It’s mean of Auntie to make pensioners choose between eating and paying Gary Linekers wages. I say good on Beefy for highlighting this. Bravo sir Ian [emoji1319]

Jan 30, 2008

As an aside, I had a look at that Foxhole site. Wow. It explains a lot of the claptrap BL comes out with. As my Grandad used to say, the world will never be short of dickheads. Too true.
Says some one who supports people making illegal crossings of the English channel and who get fed at the tax payers expense:dunce:
Regards
DF

Jan 30, 2008
True.

The BBC a company run by the woke who pamper to the woke it's all so predictable it really is
Regards
DF

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here