Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Decisions that have gone against us

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
I'm contantly having the **** taken out of my whinging by non- Brighton fans about how many decisions have gone against us, but how many points has it cost us?

Spurs (multiple decisions) - 3 points
Palace (goal incorrectly ruled out) - 2 points
Villa (blatant pen not given) - 1 point
Leicester (blatant pen not given) - 2 points

Of course, we may not have scored the penalties and we could still have lost or drawn those games. Even so, those decisions could cost us Europe or even Champions League.

Not affecting results, there was also Fabinho's non-red v Liverpool in the cup, and the non-pen for the foul against Welbeck at Old Trafford.

I've been trying to think of big decisions that have actually gone in our favour, but really struggling. The only one I can think of is Dunk possibly blocking a cross by the touchline with his arm (forgotten which game). Any others?

I realise this gives off big victim vibes, but that stuff about things 'balancing themselves out over the course of the season' is basically bullsh*t, isn't it?

Last edited:

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Add to that the 2nd and 3rd yellow cards Doucoure should have got against Palace.

There are a few others I could have mentioned, too - the Toney dive for the pen at Brentford, Haaland fouling Webster before he scored at the Etihad...

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
It'll take several seasons for the Tottenham decisions to be 'balanced out'.
It never will be if they qualify for Europe instead of us as a result of that game, which is a distinct possibility.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
We may have gone 0-3 up at Old Trafford as Welbeck was bundled over in their area, a 100% stonewall penalty as the replays showed clear leg contact.

Not many teams get a penalty at Manure and we were no different. They then scored to make it 1-2 and the balance of the match shifted. We still got our 3 points but if we hadn’t have done, there would have been an awful lot more rage about that horrific decision.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Add to that the 2nd and 3rd yellow cards Doucoure should have got against Palace.
One of the clearest examples of a ref making a decision not to send any player off pre-match.

Doucoure could have decapitated one of our players and he still would not have received that 2nd yellow.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
I know this didn't cost us but when you watch Spurs players punching the ball randomly in the area and then get this VAR - which isn't even clear - given as a clear and obvious error for a penalty, you realise it's a guess up.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
I'm contantly having the **** taken out of my whinging by non- Brighton fans about how many decisions have gone against us, but how many points has it cost us?

Of course, we may not have scored the penalties and we could still have lost or drawn those games. Even so, those decisions could cost us Europe or even Champions League.

Not affecting results, there was also Fabinho's non-red v Liverpool in the cup, and the non-pen for the foul against Welbeck at Old Trafford.

I've been trying to think of big decisions that have actually gone in our favour, but really struggling. The only one I can think of is Dunk possibly blocking a cross by the touchline with his arm (forgotten which game). Any others?

I realise this gives off big victim vibes, but that stuff about things 'balancing themselves out over the course of the season' is basically bullsh*t, isn't it?
That offside flag at OT for a too close to call decision firmly evidences the bias too. Going against all established guidance to protect utd. Preventing welbeck from scoring and var having to make a decision

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Stop whinging, then. :lolol:

It is either a conspiracy or....it is what it is. My money is on the latter. It will all even itself out in the long term.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
It will always be the Spurs game that really hurts. Quite simply we scored more goals than them and were denied three further opportunities to score from the spot. Five absolutely egregious decisions that I will never forgive. That we are still behind that utter shower of sh*t infuriates me.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
10 VAR decisions in our games this season.
FOR...................2
AGAINST.........8

If I hear one more person say....." these things balance themselves out "......I am going to load a gun.
These things even themselves out in the long term.

There is absolutely no point wasting valuable time, energy and human spirit on things you cannot change.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
It never will be if they qualify for Europe instead of us as a result of that game, which is a distinct possibility.
Look on the plus side.

This will fuel a hate that will energize thousands of Brighton supporters for years. Possibly decades.

Think how we have all benefitted from hating Palace.

We should be grateful.

5Ways Gull

È quello che è
Feb 2, 2009
Fiveways, Brighton
Exactly, H. How many threads and posts on the same hand wringing, hair shirt wearing, pointless victim mentality stuff before enough is enough? We get it, we all feel aggrieved but move on please. 86% of NSC’s content over a sample 12 day period has shown that is just an endless cycle of the same old, with only 14% of new material being put up.
Agreed, I'm over it. The only long term impact for me is that Spurs were one of the non Brighton team I didn't mind and I now dislike them immensely. So there, that'll teach 'em.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here