Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Decent wingers needed more now then ever

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
I would MUCH rather have Jamie Murphy than the Blackburn lad... even the Blackburn fans don't rate him highly. Given reports on Jamie he's precisely what we need

Drunk at Midday??
He's one of their favourite players.
You'd much rather have a bloke who's been playing in a lower league, why?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
[tweet]628495667804114944[/tweet]

No idea what that means or how reliable.

It is occasionally reliable, but mixes good info with a lot of guesswork in my opinion.

However, it is good to hear as I really want this transfer to happen :rock:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
You have to be kidding?!
After championing the signing of Grabban yesterday because 'he plays on the left of a front 3'.
WUM!

Because he would have provided and scored goals but the situation and needs have now changed with the weekends business and signing BZ We now need a provider more so than a converter of chances. Grabban would have been to keep Baldock and Hemed as our 2 main strikers and he provide the support.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Naylor rubbished the Murphy deal a while back, so that can only be a good sign...

northernseagull

Mar 12, 2013
Drunk at Midday??

Yer utterly bollocksed already.........

I'm merely going on info from my Blackburn friends, I'm a northerner with a little knowhow on the Blackburns and Bolton's etc. He's not highly rated among circles of STH I know.
The Sheffield lad has been on other clubs forum radars all summer, there is a good reason why and if you do your due diligence on him you'll realise why.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Drunk at Midday??

Totally agree re Marshall. He's the one of the wingers we've been linked with this summer who I really want us to sign. Murphy is proven in League 1 but so was CMS (and Baldock although I think he'll come good this season) and the Alireza Jahanbakhsh has never played in England before. Marshall on the other hand is proven at Championship level and is highly rated by all his former clubs from what I can see. Would be a great signing although I'm not sure how much higher we can afford to go with the bidding (if reports are accurate). All depends on Marshall though as, if he wants to leave, it will be easier.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I would be happy to bring Elliott Bennett back as the provider either bought or loan as it appears he is surplus to requirememnts at Norwich and Wolves are trying to get him on a season loan according to Sunday papers.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Yer utterly bollocksed already.........

I'm merely going on info from my Blackburn friends, I'm a northerner with a little knowhow on the Blackburns and Bolton's etc. He's not highly rated among circles of STH I know.
The Sheffield lad has been on other clubs forum radars all summer, there is a good reason why and if you do your due diligence on him you'll realise why.

There's Albion STH who hated Leo. And around 50% on here thought Ash was pony.
If you do a little online research, you'll see how Marshall is rated. And, well, their manager wanted £5 million for him.
Murphy could be good, but he's a punt whereas Marshall's the real deal.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
What kind of nobs where they? That's mental

:facepalm: I know.
Seem to recall a few on here banging on about how overrated he was (slow, lazy, moans too much etc) too.

From: http://www.northstandchat.com/showt...A37-5-million-for-Ulloa&p=6370742#post6370742

I'd take any deal that included Wood plus cash. Wood is better IMO.

If we are going to play 2 up front then I would prefer Wood to Ulloa, perhaps with CMS. I think we could do a deal here and improve our chances next season considerably. Pace and power.

Take the money, but try to get it up to say £4m, all paid upfront.
Ulloa is a reasonable finisher, but his chronic lack of pace and mobility, makes us very predictable for defences to get organised.
At nearly 28 and with his injury record, that negative in his game is only going to get worse.

In addition, he seems to lose most battles for aerial balls with central defenders & his constant whining to refs only serves to get the officials seemingly against him.

Tend to agree with the above, £4 mill cash and done deal

I don't disagree with that at all. Pace in attack is what I'm praying the new manager will bring with him. I like Leo he has done ok, but not quite quick enough. A lump of cash and maybe Woods sounds alright IMO.

His passing is not all that either and is a bit of a lump sometimes

I think TB would sell for £4m

For a permanently lardy, permanently isolated big bloke up front, I'd take the £3 million on offer. He's really not all that. Really.

As an effective striker, Leon Knight was better, Glenn Murray was better and Ashley Barnes was better. IMHO, like. Think Ulloa's, er, big-bonedness will always count against him. Might be wrong, tho probably not. To quote the old cliche, he's got the turning circle of the QEII.

He's not quick enough to be effective in the Prem

If the new manager is going to play one up front I would sell Leo, he doesn't seem to like being a lone striker, always frustrated at not getting decisions, not enough pace, so £7m would be a great return. If the new manager goes for two up top I would love to see him stay, I don't think oscar played to Leo's strengths, which is why he looked so frustrated. Having said that I don't think you can question his love of the fans after the Forest and Derby games, at Derby he fought through the crowd invasion to applaud the fans

No doubt there's plenty more elsewhere.

Last edited:

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
Excellent business, and history has proved TB tucked 'em up good and proper.

Pleased to be wrong. Never hated him as the poster intimated, just rated him at 4 mill. Wish I could be right all the time.

I thought Ulloa was the best striker we had since Zamora, and even I only wanted 5 million. Shows what I know.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
:facepalm: I know.
Seem to recall a few on here banging on about how overrated he was (slow, lazy, moans too much etc) too.

From: http://www.northstandchat.com/showt...A37-5-million-for-Ulloa&p=6370742#post6370742

No doubt there's plenty more elsewhere.
All the facepalms on the planet are not enough for those quotes.

Leo scored 1 goal every 2 Championship games near enough, and if he doesn't make Leicester's 25 man squad, then I'd have him back on a season loan in a split second.

#BringBackTheCyclone

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here