Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Dearly departing...

GJN1

Nov 4, 2014
Brighton
So, after all the Caicedo hullaballoo, the hue and cry over Mac Allister and the brouhaha of Mitoma all potentially leaving in the summer, now there are press reports that Evan Ferguson is on Tottenham's and Chelsea's radar.

Apart from thinking how ace it would be if football clubs did actually employ people to monitor players using actual radar, it did make me wonder why nobody is looking at Solly March at the moment, given how impressive he's been of late.

Not a bad thing, don't get me wrong, just feel a little sorry for him.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
So, after all the Caicedo hullaballoo, the hue and cry over Mac Allister and the brouhaha of Mitoma all potentially leaving in the summer, now there are press reports that Evan Ferguson is on Tottenham's and Chelsea's radar.

Apart from thinking how ace it would be if football clubs did actually employ people to monitor players using actual radar, it did make me wonder why nobody is looking at Solly March at the moment, given how impressive he's been of late.

I think it's because football journalists and the random youtubers and tweeters who create this sort of content know painfully little about football.

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire

they know he bleeds seagulls

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
According to press "reports" :

Caicedo
Mac Allister
Mitoma
Ferguson
Sanchez
De Zerbi

Will all be snapped up in the summer.

That's for starters I imagine.

Tony is going to have to put together a £0.25 billion++ team of replacements.

Woe is us.

As for March, well someone is sure to write an article about him leaving as well with all those column inches to fill.

All the above stories are right up Fabrizio Romano's street. He's going to have a bumper summer.

Last edited:

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
Football journalist starter guide:

Brighton have sold players in recent years to Spurs, Chelsea, Arsenal and Newcastle.
If a Brighton player is playing well, make up story involving one of the aforementioned clubs.

Job done. Collect wages.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there

Newcastle regularly linked with March. Only gross, llalana, welbeck, Dunk, Webster not carrying transfer speculation right now from the first team

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Name a new young PL player that has a few decent games

Name a top 6 PL club

Make up story. Remember a lot of these bloggers just want clicks

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
As well as a lot of speculativve 'journalism' about our players being up for grabs, there's one thing that puzzles me. Why is it always Spurs, Chelsea and Arsenal, and never any of the big clubs up north, the Liverpools, Cities and Uniteds? OK, Burn was different circumstances, and Citeh did hsve a half-hearted nibble at Cucu - but seriously, why does it appear to be only London clubs?

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Trust in Bloom is my mantra. The man is as big an Albion fan as any of us :thumbsup:

We could be an Arab, Chinese or an American ego boosting plaything
Yeh, because if someone is going they are going for good money and we have a plan in place to get even better. It's a mantra that can save you a lot of stress and a lot of time reading random ****

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
Because he's 28, well paid, and settled in the area.

I'd hazard a guess that there are no rumours because there is no smoke around him currently regarding a transfer. He probably would cost more than other similar targets because he's is culturally important to the club and the reasons above would probably price him out of a move currently.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
"Sources close to Brighton report that Solly March is set to join Everton for a record fee in the summer providing the Toffees stay up."

There you go.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Newcastle regularly linked with March. Only gross, llalana, welbeck, Dunk, Webster not carrying transfer speculation right now from the first team
Somehow l see Solly March as being a bit like Dunky, that modern day rarity in football, a one club man.

As for the other players you mention, all of them, minus Adam Webster, are entering the fianl few years of their top flight careers, so unlikely top clubs will be making any of them their transfer targets.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
"Sources close to Brighton report that Solly March is set to join Everton for a record fee in the summer providing the Toffees stay up."

There you go.
Record fee for Everton or the Albion? :lolol:

Does anyone believe Solly is going for between 50 million and 60 million plus? Really? What bullshit is this?

el punal

As well as a lot of speculativve 'journalism' about our players being up for grabs, there's one thing that puzzles me. Why is it always Spurs, Chelsea and Arsenal, and never any of the big clubs up north, the Liverpools, Cities and Uniteds? OK, Burn was different circumstances, and Citeh did hsve a half-hearted nibble at Cucu - but seriously, why does it appear to be only London clubs?
Perhaps they’re a bit more money conscious than the London mugs. Example of course being Man City with Cucurella - they offered £30m, we said £40m, they said stuff it. Chelsea waltz in like complete patsies and cough up £62. Oh well. :wave:

(The above mentioned figures are quoted from various media reports so may not be accurate for those in the know.)

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Somehow l see Solly March as being a bit like Dunky, that modern day rarity in football, a one club man.

As for the other players you mention, all of them, minus Adam Webster, are entering the fianl few years of their top flight careers, so unlikely top clubs will be making any of them their transfer targets.
Even though Solly did start off at Palace.

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
Caicedo is supposedly being looked at by Liverpool but they use sonar rather than radar so it doesn't get picked up so easily.

Red Squirrel

Oct 13, 2022
The Highlands
Barber has invited this kind of talk by saying everyone has a price. In January he added the caveat of the exit being at a time that suited the club. Under Tony's stewardship how often have we sold players at a time or price that didn't suit us? Do we really expect the club to cave in and allow a mass exodus of contracted staff in the summer? That doesn't strike me as sensible. Whatever offers we receive, I cannot believe that the club would allow that to happen.

I can see 2 or 3 sales at most. Maybe I'm being naive.

PeterT

Apr 21, 2017
Hove
The thing is, if a massive club like Sheffield Wednesday come calling, you couldn’t blame the player for wanting to leave and I guess Albion wouldn’t want to stand in their way. You don’t get that chance every day of the week.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Clicks won’t bait themselves

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here