Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dear Jonny Williams,

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
He grew up in Kent. The distance he had to travel to Palaces youth academy is roughly the same distance he would have had to travel to ours, and is exactly the sort of player that I hope we will be competing against Palace for, from now on.

tip top

Kandidate
Jun 27, 2007
dunno I'm lost
The more you lot go on about second season syndrome the more I suspect we'll get Europe. Last season you kept going on about us not getting into the playoffs. We got into the playoffs. You kept going on about you beating us at the Amex. We beat you 2-0 at your gaffe. You kept going on about us losing to Watford, we won and went up. This season you kept going on about us going down, we might still finish in the top ten. .Now you keep going on about us going down next season so I guess I better make sure my passport is in order.

Was the fire drill yesterday in preperation for next year?

Oh, and the applause coming from right around the ground for toure was comical

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
The more you lot go on about second season syndrome the more I suspect we'll get Europe. Last season you kept going on about us not getting into the playoffs. We got into the playoffs. You kept going on about you beating us at the Amex. We beat you 2-0 at your gaffe. You kept going on about us losing to Watford, we won and went up. This season you kept going on about us going down, we might still finish in the top ten. Now you keep going on about us going down next season so I guess I better make sure my passport is in order.

Second Season Syndrome ?

Palace are the kings of talking about - the world champions in fact.

But when we didn't suffer from it, they harped on about 3rd season syndrome :lolol:

Will they start bleating about 4th season syndrome next ? ???

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I would have him at the Amex I a heartbeat, really don't get the animosity
He's an excellent player. The animosity is because he's a *anker.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
The more you lot go on about second season syndrome the more I suspect we'll get Europe.
Second Season Syndrome ?

Palace are the kings of talking about - the world champions in fact.

But when we didn't suffer from it, they harped on about 3rd season syndrome :lolol:

Will they start bleating about 4th season syndrome next ? ???
Exactly. I've seen very little comment on NSC about Palace and second season syndrome, but I've seen pages of Palace fans here saying Brighton fans were only here for the first season. Oh, first two seasons. They seem to have gone quiet about that now.

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
Other than! Give him a bleach and boil wash and he'd still be tainted by association until the day he shifts off this mortal coil.

Like that legend in his own pern Neil Smillie? And how about your saviour of a few seasons ago, Calvin Andrew? And you have had a few other Selhurst drop-outs.

And WE of course got Muzza...:clap2::clap2:

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Like that legend in his own pern Neil Smillie? And how about your saviour of a few seasons ago, Calvin Andrew? And you have had a few other Selhurst drop-outs.

And WE of course got Muzza...:clap2::clap2:

Ah, Glenos Alouicious Murray Mintus Esq. Just how is he getting on in the Barclays Premiership sponsored by fill your home ground with Arsenal, Chelsea and Liverpool fans with season tickets in the home stands? I heard he played a blinder yesterday, and the game before that, and the....

:thumbsup:

churley1

Oct 13, 2009
Bogota
Exactly. I've seen very little comment on NSC about Palace and second season syndrome, but I've seen pages of Palace fans here saying Brighton fans were only here for the first season. Oh, first two seasons. They seem to have gone quiet about that now.

Go on the BBS and look at the number of threads talking about "countdown's to relegation" for the last 3 seasons. Not only has that not happened, we've improved every season since CPFC2010 took over.

The funny thing is, whilst we have definitely said the same about you guys, we have just finished mid-table in the PL whilst you are set to finish lower down the table than last season, who do you really think should be quiet right now?

You still have a potentially very bright future but the bragging rights are firmly with us right now.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Go on the BBS
Er, no thanks.

look at the number of threads talking about "countdown's to relegation" for the last 3 seasons.
So you go to the BBS and take the piss out of the Brighton fans posting crap there, and I'll continue taking the piss out of the Palace fans posting crap here.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Yes I can't see him in a TP regime sadly. Might make a good replacement for Dean Cox at Albion. Maybe Mighty Midgets don't fit into Garcia's ideas either.

That's Dean Cox who was released by Gus Poyet three years before Garcia arrived? If you don't know anything, why bother saying anything?

churley1

Oct 13, 2009
Bogota
Er, no thanks.

So you go to the BBS and take the piss out of the Brighton fans posting crap there, and I'll continue taking the piss out of the Palace fans posting crap here.

If nobody spouted that crap, we wouldn't have a rivalry. Ever since you spent millions after you won League One, I don't think any Palace fan genuinely expected you to go down, most of the division couldn't afford to spend 3 million on one player.

Absolutely nobody can suggest they expected us to get promoted last season though, nor potentially finish 11th this season and Jonny Williams will come back into the fold next season which begs the question why was this thread even created?

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Go on the BBS and look at the number of threads talking about "countdown's to relegation" for the last 3 seasons. Not only has that not happened, we've improved every season since CPFC2010 took over.

The funny thing is, whilst we have definitely said the same about you guys, we have just finished mid-table in the PL whilst you are set to finish lower down the table than last season, who do you really think should be quiet right now?

You still have a potentially very bright future but the bragging rights are firmly with us right now.

Despite a season beyond all expectations I would be slightly nervous about the future if I were a Palace fan. Without big crowds, your success has been built upon a business model which relies on keeping in the black by developing youngsters and selling them on. You now have a manager who will bring short term (relative) success on the pitch, but whose history is not based on youth investment:

http://www.stokesentinel.co.uk/Stok...cial-figures/story-19359845-detail/story.html

Can you see him developing Jonathan Williams or buying someone like Joey Barton?

churley1

Oct 13, 2009
Bogota
Despite a season beyond all expectations I would be slightly nervous about the future if I were a Palace fan. Without big crowds, your success has been built upon a business model which relies on keeping in the black by developing youngsters and selling them on. You now have a manager who will bring short term (relative) success on the pitch, but whose history is not based on youth investment:

http://www.stokesentinel.co.uk/Stok...cial-figures/story-19359845-detail/story.html

Can you see him developing Jonathan Williams or buying someone like Joey Barton?

I'm hopeful that Pulis has learnt some lessons from his time at Stoke, he got a lot of things right but given the money they spent, things could definitely have gone better. Will he get that type of money to throw around at CPFC? I highly, highly doubt it.

Personally, I'm not that bothered by Premier League football, it's nice at times but the gap between the top sides and us is frighteningly big. The only thing I hope for is improving the infrastructure of the club off the pitch because currently we're punching well above our weight but a far better stadium and improved training ground would put us on a level that we haven't experienced at our club for a long time.

Time will tell, if we buy Barton though I'd cry.

Sweeney Todd

Apr 24, 2008
Oxford/Lancing
I'm hopeful that Pulis has learnt some lessons from his time at Stoke, he got a lot of things right but given the money they spent, things could definitely have gone better. Will he get that type of money to throw around at CPFC? I highly, highly doubt it.

Personally, I'm not that bothered by Premier League football, it's nice at times but the gap between the top sides and us is frighteningly big. The only thing I hope for is improving the infrastructure of the club off the pitch because currently we're punching well above our weight but a far better stadium and improved training ground would put us on a level that we haven't experienced at our club for a long time.

We have got the infrastructure bit just right, thanks, and are happy with our progress on the pitch.

The trouble with being a medium-sized club just promoted to the PL is that it has to spend more than its entire Sky windfall on inflated transfer fees and players' wages, so that spending on infrastructure has to be shelved. In Palace's case, capital spending is desperately needed, but funds cannot be committed because remaining competitive on the pitch is imperative. If and when they go down, the television revenue will diminish drastically, their best players will leave, Selhurst Park will still need rebuilding, but there will be no money to make even cosmetic improvements (such as a bit of cladding here and there).

The only part of what I've just said that would apply to us when we reach the PL is the necessity to put together a competitive team: the infrastructure is in place; and, if we went down, we would still have one of the best stadiums in the world and the most sophisticated training complex in the country.

All things considered, I would rather be where we are.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
Johnny Williams? Is he not that coloured comedian who used to do turns on tv during the 70's?

You can't say coloured now days, the correct term is black.
He's name was Charlie, and he's little Johnny's grandad .

ThePaddy

Aug 27, 2013
The trouble with being a medium-sized club just promoted to the PL is that it has to spend more than its entire Sky windfall on inflated transfer fees and players' wages, so that spending on infrastructure has to be shelved. In Palace's case, capital spending is desperately needed, but funds cannot be committed because remaining competitive on the pitch is imperative. If and when they go down, the television revenue will diminish drastically, their best players will leave, Selhurst Park will still need rebuilding, but there will be no money to make even cosmetic improvements (such as a bit of cladding here and there).

All things considered, I would rather be where we are.

This just isn't true. We are in a fantastic financial position at the moment and another season in the Premier League will only help this. There is plenty of money going towards improving the infrastructure at Palace, and we're capable of remaining competitive as a mid table Premier League team without spending most of our budget on the playing staff.

As for suggesting that you'd rather be a decent Championship team than 11th in the Premier League, I don't believe you. We've got better players, a far better manager and a hell of a lot more money than you have. Things are looking spectacularly good for Palace at the moment. :clap2:

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009

Would you have preferred to do it our way, if it meant that Premiership football is guaranteed? It's really exciting for us Brighton fans at the moment. We can see real tangible progress of the pitch, but I'm sure all us Brighton fans know that we need to get to the Premiership for it all to work long term, and there is no guarantee that it will happen, and the consequence of us not getting there is a little scary.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here