Dear Gus - we love the style of football

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Count me IN! I'm having to miss a few months as the latest little Saville has arrived and I am mortified. The football we are playing is a joy to watch.

Jahooli

Feb 12, 2008
I trust Gus and am thrilled at the way we are playing, exciting times, bollocks to the moaners.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Yesterday was the first time I've seen us play since Gus's first game. I liked what I saw. Given time we're only going to get better and better. I hope we keep playing this way and I hope the vast, vast majority of fans appreciate it. The last time I saw Brighton play in England was back to back home games against(I think) Yeovil and Carlisle over the xmas period of the 2006/7 season. The difference between the performances in those two games(both lost, if I remember rightly) and the game yesterday is ridiculously huge. Indescribably huge. Embarrassingly so.

I find it depressing to think that there are people who genuinely don't appreciate what Gus is doing to the team. The silent majority need to drown out the moronic dissenting voices.

Richy_Seagull

Oct 7, 2003
Brighton
Ignore the fucktards that quite obviously know nothing about football and let's carry on playing football the way it is meant to be played.

I have not seen an albion team play football as good as we currently are, in the whole of the Withdean era.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Best football seen in years by the Albion, keep it up. Remember when we have the ball, they can't score!!

My sentiments exactly. I get annoyed with the bloke in front of me who shouts 'Get on with it'
I'm fully signed up and on the Gus bus. :albion2:

Mar 10, 2006
I can't believe it that the minute we put a few passes together you can hear the murmurings growing louder. Don't people understand that you need to keep the ball and move the other team around in hope of finding that little space that one of our players has moved into. The only alternative is to hoof it forward in hope of picking up a knockdown or throw in which is what we've done for the last few years and it is bloody awful to watch and easy to play against. Sure we all get a bit nervy when we are playing it along the back line several times but as of yet no major errors have occured from it. Okay we are bound to have one f*** up sooner or later and it is then that we will see how good our players are as to whether they continue playing football or panic and hoof it

chidgull

Apr 29, 2006
maybe we can help a bit a bit with with some vocals like " aaaaah -OLE, aaaah -OLE ! with gradually increasing crescendo... Just a thought.

7:18

Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England
fantastic football, we are top of the league and long may it continue

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
The bizarre thing is the blokes on one side of me were screaming 'this is f***ing bollocks, this is shit, get it forward, f*** sake' etc.

Then when my mate on the other side of me started sarcastically shouting 'yeah quick, lump it forward, give it way - quicker...' etc, the original numpties started laughing along with him.

:facepalm:

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Its alright there are plenty of :tosser: who post on the Sussex CCC messageboard about how Robbo is clueless - the resulting ten trophies in ten years seems to have passed them by :thumbsup:

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I might be at the front with the teachers, holding up a bag of sick i've just produced, but i am firmly on the Gus bus and have no desire to get off. It's all so well-steered and purposeful that i barely even notice the travel sickness any more and am repeatedly excited over where we might end up.
I thank you for it all, Gus.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
The bizarre thing is the blokes on one side of me were screaming 'this is f***ing bollocks, this is shit, get it forward, f*** sake' etc.

Then when my mate on the other side of me started sarcastically shouting 'yeah quick, lump it forward, give it way - quicker...' etc, the original numpties started laughing along with him.

:facepalm:

When Elphick misplaced a pass some nobdule in E block shouted 'pathetic'. I felt obliged to point out to him that this 'pathetic' team was top of the league.

In Gus We Trust (we need a banner to this effect).

PG

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports