Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Dear Chelsea...

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Exactly this.

Potter was sold a lie

All the narrative on joining was about the long term project, doing things differently, essentially offering Potter a white label Chelsea to build something with the added benefit of life changing money, a budget and time.

Unfortunately for him the fat oaf hasn’t delivered on anything other than the salary. He’s clearly bought players without any consultation with potter on occasion.

How was this ever going to work? Drilling the existing squad (which takes time itself) to new ideas and formations and dare I say an identity yet very five minutes a new mega star with an ego arrives only because another club showed an interest in buying them.

The oaf knows nothing about football and I’m certain a basic level of DD on the takeovers commitment to fund x amount into the squad Would have shown this to be the end game despite talk of the project from the outset.

Potter will take the heat and as he coach has to take a lion share of the blame however I find it hilarious none of their fanbase has joined the dots to identify the significant issue at the club

Potters been let down but then making snide comments about us as club, our fanbase and cringeworthy attempts to reasonate with the “f***ing champions league” fantastic fanbase leave me with little sympathy for the man.

We’ve been very lucky with RDZ but let’s not forget we were gutted as a club and the worse possible time and we could have a very different season as a result

Their fanbase have proved over the last 20 years that they simply love owners who spend big. They didn’t one sh1t about Abram’s background or murderous company, financial cheating, illegal inducements, they even gathered outside the ground the evening the ESL collapsed to pretend that Abram had never been part of it.

RandyWanger

Je suis rôti de boeuf
Mar 14, 2013
Done a Frexit, now in London
We all knew it wouldn't end well for Potter, the 'superstar' players wouldn't get motivated by his dull brummy accent and constant sucking at the air, we all knew their plastic, entitled armchair ultra fans would be on his back the second things weren't going their way. Potter needs a project, but not one like Chelsea. It doesn't take a master's in intellectual intelligence to work this out.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Be careful what you wish for. Potter is a brilliant coach and given time, given his own squad, will be successful again playing lovely football. I would hate that to be at Palace.
Surely a great coach would have got loads more out of the players he had at his disposal. He’s good at improving players like the Dan Burns of this world although when it comes to managing players that don’t technically need improving he has come unstuck. Instead of selecting the experienced quality players has tried to go back to what he knows and playing youth in front of some of them. 2-0 down and expecting Connor Gallagher to get you something is just mis management of players he had and could of used.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Bloody Hell, where's Swansman?
He's having an extended enforced break from NSC.

Probably the best thing for everyone at the moment including him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here