Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dean Whitehead

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
McCourt who essentially never features? If you are looking for weak links take a look at the players actually on the pitch first. Plenty of options there for the title :lolol:

The difference being he was brought in to add quality and experience which he hasnt done, the options are as I said either young or injured. So we need an experienced head in the midfield until our own are back and contributing to the cause.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
The difference being he was brought in to add quality and experience which he hasnt done, the options are as I said either young or injured. So we need an experienced head in the midfield until our own are back and contributing to the cause.

Fair enough but seems a little harsh to single out McCourt who has never been a regular starter throughout his career.
For sure, if we sign Whitehouse, he will operate in parts of the pitch McCourt was never expected to visit :lolol:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Fair enough but seems a little harsh to single out McCourt who has never been a regular starter throughout his career.
For sure, if we sign Whitehouse, he will operate in parts of the pitch McCourt was never expected to visit :lolol:

Is that why he hasnt been picked because he hasnt visited those areas enough to defend as he was expected to

HantsSeagull

Aug 17, 2011
Caught in a Riptide
Is that why he hasnt been picked because he hasnt visited those areas enough to defend as he was expected to

Christ - you really have got a blind spot about McCourt havent you?! has he crossed you in a previous life or something?

the guy has been given bugger all opportunity and when he has, he is the only midfielder this season to show any sort of creativity. So he aint Vicente but christ give the guy a break. As SG says, if you are looking for weak links there are plenty in the queue ahead of him this season.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Christ - you really have got a blind spot about McCourt havent you?! has he crossed you in a previous life or something?

the guy has been given bugger all opportunity and when he has, he is the only midfielder this season to show any sort of creativity. So he aint Vicente but christ give the guy a break. As SG says, if you are looking for weak links there are plenty in the queue ahead of him this season.

Like whom? i expect that you will join the sheep and say JFC I think that Mc Court has been a waste of wages promised a lot and produced nothing. It must be said this is only my opinion others may agree or not up to them.

Last edited:

HantsSeagull

Aug 17, 2011
Caught in a Riptide
Like whom? i expect that you will join the sheep and say JFC I think that Mc Court has been a waste of wages promised a lot and produced nothing. It must be said this is only my opinion others may agree or not up to them.

well lets start with Agustein if we are talking a waste of wages - at least Paddy wants to play. Gardner. And yes JFC has been poor - played out of position yes but poor nevertheless. (and incidentally agreeing with what you perceive as a majority view about JFC does not make me a sheep. You never know the 'majority' might just be right!). Anyway I don't object to you thinking Paddy is a waste of space, its just your need to mention it at every opportunity you get!

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
there were some on here that said Barnes was a waste of wages
wonder what ever happened to him

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
The sheep as I call them have slated JFC when ,managers with presumably a lot more football knowledge than most on here have continually picked him to do a specific job. Agustein has not been great and joins McCourt in the wastre of wages club but many on here see Paddy as some form of star and revelation, that will male everything rosy.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
well lets start with Agustein if we are talking a waste of wages - at least Paddy wants to play. Gardner. And yes JFC has been poor - played out of position yes but poor nevertheless. (and incidentally agreeing with what you perceive as a majority view about JFC does not make me a sheep. You never know the 'majority' might just be right!). Anyway I don't object to you thinking Paddy is a waste of space, its just your need to mention it at every opportunity you get!

Paddy and Kemy in my opinion are both a waste of wages, and as far as I am concerned have been very poor signings.
The sooner we ship them out the better.
They have undoubted ability but do not fit into any sort of team ethic sadly.
I certainly don't understand the love in many have with Paddy on what I have seen, and then the totally over the top critique of JFC who continually puts a proper shift in regardless of the role the manager asks him to play.

Sadly there is very little middle ground it seems regarding opinions of players.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton

If that's the case then we are complete idiots. He's never defended anywhere he's been, I don't know why we thought he'd be any different here.

The truth of the matter is in the goals scored and assists column. He has literally produced nothing.

If I were being charitable I'd say, similar to CoG we signed him to be a plan B with 20 minutes to go in a game we were struggling to break the oppostion down in. To be fair, we haven't really been in that position a great deal this year.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
The sheep as I call them have slated JFC when ,managers with presumably a lot more football knowledge than most on here have continually picked him to do a specific job. Agustein has not been great and joins McCourt in the wastre of wages club but many on here see Paddy as some form of star and revelation, that will male everything rosy.
Charitable description.

I bet if you listed Barnes's biggest critics the same people are now slating Caskey. Seems some folk need a scapegoat.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis

Oct 25, 2003
I certainly hope so. Kemy only has 6 months left on his deal too ?

i'm kinda hoping a team offer to take him off our hands this month...even if they don't give us a transfer fee it would free up his wages (agustein i'm talking about here), or take him on loan for the rest of the season. anything to get him off the books, absolute waste of everyones time him being here. It's certainly not doing his career any good

paddy is leaving for a team in asia...pretty much a done deal

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Not in my opinion....we already have JFC, Tex, Paddy, Solly and Stephens when fit that can play that role.

Where as defensive midfielders we have Holla and Ince... thats it really... as good a job as JFC made of it early season when Holla and Ince were out of favour

Its definately an experienced holding midfielder we need, along with a striker or 2
JFC and Tex are hardly experienced, and hardly creative. Solly is a winger, Stephens and Crofts are crocked, McCourt either isnt a face that fits, or hasnt had much of a chance..... SO..... we need an experienced creative midfielder to create the chances that we sooooo clearly are NOT creating..... defensively we have plenty, especially if you include Halford...... its a Paul Scholes type player we need, not Liam Bridcutt..... and you can add as many strikers as you want, unless there are chances created to feed off, it will make little difference. ( I havn't mentioned Kemy,.... why would I?)

Last edited:

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
i'm kinda hoping a team offer to take him off our hands this month...even if they don't give us a transfer fee it would free up his wages (agustein i'm talking about here), or take him on loan for the rest of the season. anything to get him off the books, absolute waste of everyones time him being here. It's certainly not doing his career any good

paddy is leaving for a team in asia...pretty much a done deal

It was stated that he was keen on going to Asia prior to us signing him. You seem confident on this one. Do you want to reveal why?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here