Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Dean Saunders sent down

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Why do you like Clough? Petulantly stopped Wardy from playing in the FA Cup Final. He's was a ****.

Clough had a vindictive side to him, there's no denying that. But if you've read anything about him, you'd know he also had a hugely generous and compassionate side to him as well, almost like a split personality. As a manager he was a genius, I enjoyed watching his teams and I also enjoyed his interviews and opinions, I found him a fascinating man.

Saunders making up and peddling stories about BC for cheap laughs (after he was dead) shows a lack of class. Most will have forgotten all about him long before they'll ever forget about Clough.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
attachment.php

Ah, the man with the perfect face for radio. How the mighty fall.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
tumblr_m327sw74A91rna86e.gif

Pulled over at 00:45 in the morning on his way back from Chester Races, and claims he'd "only had 2 pints"

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Drink Driving Convict XI:

1. Luke McCormick
2. Gary Charles
3. Tomas Repka
4. Tony Adams
5. Terry Fenwick
6. Jan Molby
7. Jermain Pennant
8. Dean Saunders
9. Micky Quinn
10. Lee Hughes
11. George Best.

Danny Drinkwater?
Hugo Lloris?

D

Deleted member 2719

Big mistake by Deano, schoolboy error he should have become a Mason.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Its less than 20 miles from Chester racecourse to his home in Whitegate, you'd think he could afford a cab. I'm glad that prat got some jailtime, although he's still trying to weasel his way out of it.

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
Drink Driving Convict XI:

1. Luke McCormick
2. Gary Charles
3. Tomas Repka
4. Tony Adams
5. Terry Fenwick
6. Jan Molby
7. Jermain Pennant
8. Dean Saunders
9. Micky Quinn
10. Lee Hughes
11. George Best.

From memory (and it is a long time ago), Molby got done for doing 80 in a 30 mile an hour zone.

Reminds of a story told by Fred Eyre when I was living in Manchester.

“Sorry I’m late - but got a lift off David Pleat. It’s ok though, Jan Molby is taking me home”

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
From memory (and it is a long time ago), Molby got done for doing 80 in a 30 mile an hour zone.

Reminds of a story told by Fred Eyre when I was living in Manchester.

“Sorry I’m late - but got a lift off David Pleat. It’s ok though, Jan Molby is taking me home”

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Nice one. Molby spent 45 days behind bars. Great story really, in his own words: On that night, I was acting as a chauffeur for some friends and we’d gone to a nightclub in the centre of Liverpool. I’d only had a couple of pints because I was driving and, as I walked out, I saw some policemen use their walkie-talkies. They were standing alongside a couple of police cars parked near by and as soon as I drove off, on came the blue flashing lights. I realized I was on the drink-driving borderline, as I started the the twenty-mile drive home to Chester, so I just put my foot down. That car could really move. There was no way the police could keep up with me. The roads were clear and within two minutes, I couldn’t see the police cars any more. I drove home, got up the next day and then went training.

The next day, I though I’d got away with it. In the evening, I parked my car outside a pub and went inside for an orange juice. The police must have spotted my Danish number plates because eight of them rushed in, asked me if I was Jan Mølby, dragged me from the bar and took me outside. It was bit heavy-handed, but I expected it of them. I had been nicked and started to fear the worst.

I remember standing up, saying my name, pleading guilty and then sit down to hear the prosecution outline their case. When the prosecution had finished, it was down to the judge. He asked me to stand up before reading me the riot act. ‘It’s only by grace of providence that you did not kill or maim somebody,’ he said. When I heard these words, my heart sank. The judge said then he was giving me a custodial sentence of 90 days. I couldn’t believe my ears. I thought Jeremy Beadle was going to appear and tell everyone it was a wind-up! I just didn’t think I would be going to jail. I was completely shell-shocked. I just felt numb.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here