Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Dean Saunders sent down

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
He stated in court that he couldn't blow into the bag because of his asthma, but didn't say that at the time of his arrest.

I have asthma. I've succesfully given a roadside sample on random testing more than once.

To have played football professionally suggests it probably isn't quite that severe asthma.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Yes, because that wouldn't be failing to give a sample.
Ok, because the report just says he failed to take a breath test, not that he also refused to give a blood sample.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
I have asthma. I've succesfully given a roadside sample on random testing more than once.

To have played football professionally suggests it probably isn't quite that severe asthma.

Was that in Ireland? I wasn't tested even after I crashed a van!

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Was that in Ireland? I wasn't tested even after I crashed a van!

Yes, a now reduced (to much lower than the European average) but once huge death from drink driving rate led to mandatory checkpoints being allowed and being quite common when I was younger. Actually maybe they're still common but I don't go out driving at 3am as much anymore!

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
BREAKING | Former Liverpool* striker and current TalkSPORT presenter Dean Saunders, 55, has been jailed for 10 weeks at Chester Magistrates' Courts after pleading guilty to failing to comply with a
roadside breath test and failing to provide a breath sample for analysis.

* And Aston Villa, Benfica, Bradford City, Brighton & Hove Albion, Cardiff City, Derby County, Galatasaray, Nottingham Forest, Oxford United, Sheffield United and Swansea City

Serves him right for mocking Brian Clough. What goes around....

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Road Traffic Act 1988 s.7
(1)In the course of an investigation into whether a person has committed an offence under [F1section 3A, 4] or 5 of this Act a constable may, subject to the following provisions of this section and section 9 of this Act, require him—
(a)to provide two specimens of breath for analysis by means of a device of a type approved by the Secretary of State, or
(b)to provide a specimen of blood or urine for a laboratory test

(6) A person who, without reasonable excuse, fails to provide a specimen when required to do so in pursuance of this section is guilty of an offence.

As with Excess Alcohol, imprisonment for 6 months is the maximum but it's very rare, the usual punishment is a 24 month disqualification.

Aggravating factors :
for example
Ability to drive seriously impaired
Caused injury/fear/damage
Evidence of nature of the driving
Police pursuit
Type of vehicle, eg carrying passengers for reward/large goods vehicle
This list is not exhaustive

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
60 grand :facepalm:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Ignore, see it has been posted

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
I doubt it. Brazil's been done for drink driving as well (although not jailed). Getting off your face is positively celebrated on that station. "LEGEND" :rolleyes:

And Micky Quinn. They used to (may still do, I rarely listen) have him on a lot and he did time, I think that was for a driving offence as well.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Judging by the fact the red faced alcoholic is still there, no.

attachment.php

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Drink Driving Convict XI:

1. Luke McCormick
2. Gary Charles
3. Tomas Repka
4. Tony Adams
5. Terry Fenwick
6. Jan Molby
7. Jermain Pennant
8. Dean Saunders
9. Micky Quinn
10. Lee Hughes
11. George Best.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I lost a lot of respect for him over that 'anecdote', which turned out to be bollocks. He'd been dining out on regaling it on the radio and at after-dinner speeches for years. It was obvious to everyone towards the end that Clough had a massive problem, but Saunders posthumously painted him as an absolute clown. That must've been painful for his wife and family.
Why do you like Clough? Petulantly stopped Wardy from playing in the FA Cup Final. He's was a ****.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here