Votes: 55 8.7%
  • No

Votes: 577 91.3%

• Total voters

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Out of interest what do you all think Hammond should have to do for total forgiveness?

"I realise there's some bad feeling with the fans because of what happened at Withdean. I'd like to say that I regret my actions that evening and it was something that just happened in the heat of the moment. I'd like to move on from that and have a good relationship with the fans so we can have the best possible season for BHAFC"

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
"I realise there's some bad feeling with the fans because of what happened at Withdean. I'd like to say that I regret my actions that evening and it was something that just happened in the heat of the moment. I'd like to move on from that and have a good relationship with the fans so we can have the best possible season for BHAFC"

Unless you were looking for comedy value, in which case I think he should kneel down on the centre spot before kick off and be forced to kiss Ernest's bare ARSE.

Either would do.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
Unless you were looking for comedy value, in which case I think he should kneel down on the centre spot before kick off and be forced to kiss Ernest's bare ARSE.

I may ask him to chop off his left hand, I may even ask him to chop off his left arm but I would never repeat never ask him to do that.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
I was as pee'd off as anyone when he celebrated in front of the South Stand at Withers, that said we can't forget everything he'd done for us also.

To be fair so long as any player pulls on the stripes and gives his best you can't ask for more.

This should now be put in the file marked "history" and should not be opened for at least 30 years!

shaun_rc

Feb 24, 2008
Brighton
I was at that game, and the booing was for Harding not Hammond. I distinctly remember after his celebration discussing "what was that about??", and "I didn't think he'd left on bad terms?" Maybe he was sticking up for Harding, who defintely was getting it...

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I was at that game, and the booing was for Harding not Hammond. I distinctly remember after his celebration discussing "what was that about??", and "I didn't think he'd left on bad terms?" Maybe he was sticking up for Harding, who defintely was getting it...

I'm glad others remember it the way that I did.

I just had to check Hammond was playing at the amex game last yr as have no recolection of this 'disgraceful performance'. What did he do..?!

Acting like a cock mouthing off to our players after Harding had tried to unjustifiably break CMS leg, he should have had more respect for his fellow professionals. After Withdean you would have thought he would keep his head down!

Pinkie Brown

Wir Sind das Volk
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR 🇩🇪
Pull on the shirt and give 100%.

Asking a player to request forgiveness from a crowd seems a tad precious.

100% this.

Hammond acted like a twat & gave it large to his former clubs supporters. So f...... what? It happens. Hammond isn't the first.

Many fans of clubs, not just Brighton, are on the back of an ex player when he returns with a new club. They get plenty of abuse from their former adorers, which to the majority, its water off a ducks back. Some former player give it back.

I was there that day & don't recall too much abuse of him prior to that incident. It was 60 seconds of stupidity. He was carried away in the moment. It happens. Big deal.

He's not Archer or Bellotti returning. (Those who compare Hammond to those two returning are plain barking). He didn't kill anyone. He didn't badly injure any Brighton players when playing against them. AFAIK, (?), he didn't mouth off in the press about what a bad club Brighton were & how bad he was treated.

There's plenty of hypocrisy on this thread. Plenty of us have given verbal shit to an anti hero when playing against Brighton. Bellamy got heaps the other week. If somebody wants to dish it out, then fine, but don't go all precious shrinking violet & take the moral high ground if a player gives it back.

As long as Hammond gives 100%, that's what matters to me. If he takes the piss & is just here for an easy ride to trouser the cash, that's a different matter. I really don't think for one minute that will be the case. For the last couple of seasons, he appears to have been the backbone of the Southampton midfield, earning plenty of plaudits from their fans. I think we will see a much more experienced & improved player.

With Crofts likely to be injured for the medium term, I suspect we will see Hammond starting sooner rather than later. Anyone who Boos his name when read out is a disgrace.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Hammond prob never thought he would end up back here in some capacity.

Murray on the other hand...with the way he celebrated his goal at the Amex was sheer class.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
He had already told the Albion fans to f*** off.

Sorry when was that? Murray behaved with far more class than Hammond. AND Hammond's a Brighton lad originally, Glenn owed us no loyalty whatsoever.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here