Votes: 577 91.3%

• Total voters

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Oh ..... I must have stumbled into the Reception Class thread :doh:

Miss, miss - he called me a name, she pulled my hair, he celebrated a goal .........

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
Gave the lazy fucker loads of stick at Crewe a few years ago. I look forward to a repeat if he loses the ball and costs us another goal!

I am still really angry about the way Naylor built him up last night.

However, if he had been the first signing, rather than the one we were wound up to expect as "the gem", I would have reacted differently.

I was never a fan of Hammond, even when he was with us before. However, I think, after sleeping on it, that he is just what we were looking for in midfield. Big, powerful, a leader, and scores a few goals.

I will give him a chance.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006

Miss, miss - he called me a name, she pulled my hair, he celebrated a goal .........

So you never booed McGleish then? You never went mental when an opposing player like Kitson gestures to the crowd? This is football, it's not supposed to be rational.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
So you never booed McGleish then? You never went mental when an opposing player like Kitson gestures to the crowd? This is football, it's not supposed to be rational.

At the time obviously but Hammond is now back home and playing in the Albion stripes. Some people need to grow up.

Del Boy

Oct 1, 2004
He's a good player, it took along time to find a suitable replacement after he left so on footballing reasons he is a good signing.... And a prick!

Father Jack

Aug 21, 2005
When Hammond left, the club was in dire straights. We only replaced him when we signed Crofts, we lost Crofts, now they are both back, it's fantastic. The fans that never saw Hammonds quality were the same who didn't see what crofts brought first time around. Many of these people have eaten humble pie since Crofts has returned, I expect the same to happen with Hammond.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I won't boo him but have to say am disappointed with the signing. Probably haven't been as disappointed since we signed Mickey Thomas.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath

Get real. If someone in the street ran up to you and shouted "f*** off" at you while making wanker signs I bet you'd call the police.

I'd bet that's the case for alot of people trotting out the "he plays in the stripes so he's alright" line.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Glen Murray never celebrated when he scored upon his return. I thought he had every right to though but he showed his class that day. Hammond went out of way and ran half the length of the south stand at Withdean cupping his ear and smirking at us. No class.

Just a little history lesson for the many new fans who don't remember us at Withdean.
Of course I won't boo but really could have done without this signing IMO.

Poyetry In Motion

Pooetry Motions
Feb 26, 2009
6.61 miles from the Amex
Boo one of our own players? Absurd suggestion. Even though I'm underwhelmed by his signing, if he gives his all for the team, then that's fine with me.

I voted no, mainly because at this moment I am a rational man with the ability to think.

However, when I'm at the football I turn into a complete irrational being whose actions are controled by sheer raw emotion.

So who knows.

:shrug:

Gully Forever

May 9, 2011
Jeeez, over 40 Numpties voted yes, Some of them have to be Crystal Palace knobs.
if you Boo your own players. You really are a numtpy.

Glen Murray never celebrated when he scored upon his return. I thought he had every right to though but he showed his class that day. Hammond went out of way and ran half the length of the south stand at Withdean cupping his ear and smirking at us. No class.

Just a little history lesson for the many new fans who don't remember us at Withdean.
Of course I won't boo but really could have done without this signing IMO.

Sums it up nicely - I remember that night well and lost respect for the bloke.

I wasn't impressed with his interview and have doubts about his motives for being here but I will wait and see how he plays and conducts himself before making a final decision.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
sometimes the only people that are more dickheaded than football players are football supporters

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Gutted with this signing. Absolutely can't stand the bloke. More than happy to boo him as he's only on-loan so still a Scummer.

Ridiculous attitude. I was pissed off with what he did but he is playing for us again this season and will give his all to try to get us promoted. He always worked hard for us as a player so no issue there. Why can't we all get behind what looks like our strongest squad in years rather than moaning and criticising them?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here