Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dealing with Coronavirus on NSC

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I 07F1A02B-208C-48BE-9B90-0630A28A6C31.pngdon’t know if this is the right place for this, but, Sky are suspending Sky Sports subscriptions for those who want to.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I will certainly be firmer, finally, on (to use the pub analogy) the punters who keep coming in shouting and swearing that the bar staff are a bunch of wankers, and what a shit pub it is.

They can drink somewhere else.

This is not the time for that kind of behaviour.

Hope this helps.

Random question but I guess this thread is not the worst for it:

Is there any dramatic increase/decrease in traffic here over the time this virus has unfolded? And are more people clicking the advertisements?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Random question but I guess this thread is not the worst for it:

Is there any dramatic increase/decrease in traffic here over the time this virus has unfolded? And are more people clicking the advertisements?

I rarely check analytics, but I've just compared 1-16 March 2020 with the same dates last year and there's a 0.31% difference, ie pretty much exactly the same.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Good idea. My anxiety is off the scale atm with never ending worst case scenario's playing out. It can all very easily become an overwhelming obsession and mentally and physically draining

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
There are a variety of sub-sections and such that appear to be rarely visited. It seems like most people are like me - head straight to the big board and rarely venture out of it.

Would it be part of the big board (such as the sticky section where a group threads are together, separate from the other big board threads, but don't require going to other areas)? My fear is that if it is off with 'ask the police' for instance, it would become a pointless sub forum or the mods will be playing 'wack-a-mole' with all the threads started by people not bothering with or not aware of the covid subsection.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I doubt we'd be disciplined to pull it off, so it's a bit of a non starter.

But I'd like the one main thread to stay here, while all the others are subsectioned.
I'm not sure there's a need for the 10+ CV threads which are currently on page 1

I’d like it completely separate so i can come on here and choose not to even see the bastar*

I’ve managed over the last couple of days to discipline myself to only listening to the news after BJ’s speech

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Good idea. My anxiety is off the scale atm with never ending worst case scenario's playing out. It can all very easily become an overwhelming obsession and mentally and physically draining

I know what you mean.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
The upside is that the CoronsVirus threads are keeping the disgraceful Brexit thread lower down the board.

Perhaps that thread could be moved to The Other Stuff as well now that we have actually ( in legal terms ) 'got it done' ?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I'm going to work through things today...

- Create a new CV sub-forum
- Move most of the existing threads into that sub-forum
- The threads that aren't moved are those relating to CV and the Albion/sport, and the Good News thread

A few things...
- Don't worry about threads being in the wrong place. I'll deal with that.
- Don't moan at people for posting in the wrong place. I'll deal with that. Cluttering up threads with "shouldn't this be in XXXXX?" isn't helpful.
- Yes, some threads/posts may cover both CV and non-CV. Let's not be anal about this - we'll get by just fine.

Want to see everything? Use the "Today's Posts" link in the menu bar at the top of every page - this will return threads from right across the site.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Great news, I will certainly be making this a CV-19 free zone, come on here to cheer myself up not get depressed. Also deleted my twitter and facebook accounts.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I'm going to work through things today...

- Create a new CV sub-forum
- Move most of the existing threads into that sub-forum
- The threads that aren't moved are those relating to CV and the Albion/sport, and the Good News thread

A few things...
- Don't worry about threads being in the wrong place. I'll deal with that.
- Don't moan at people for posting in the wrong place. I'll deal with that. Cluttering up threads with "shouldn't this be in XXXXX?" isn't helpful.
- Yes, some threads/posts may cover both CV and non-CV. Let's not be anal about this - we'll get by just fine.

Want to see everything? Use the "Today's Posts" link in the menu bar at the top of every page - this will return threads from right across the site.

There or thereabouts I think.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here