Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dealing with Coronavirus on NSC

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Could the threads be grouped perhaps so anyone wanting to know or discuss anything specific can go straight to it ?

-help offered/needed
-Latest news
-local news/issues/bogroll supplies identified etc
-things to do whilst locked down/not at the football
-massive politicised binfest thread about how great/crap the Government is handling it

etc ?

Soul Finger

May 12, 2004
Or maybe we could help each other, and those in need? And put those in touch with people who require help, or can provide it?

Therefore a place not for the hoarding idiots who are massively exacerbating an already seriously problem.

Madafwo

I'm probably being facetious.
Nov 11, 2013
I'd love for it to be off to one side if at all possible. I know I can't be alone in having heightened anxiety because of it and I think that NSC can be good for that as a bit of an escape, but it can be difficult at times because of the vast number of CV threads that dominate the Big Board at the moment.

I found this link to be quite helpful and informative on coping with the anxiety arising from CV overload.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Could do with a thread pointing out the GOOD things about the virus. Must be a few things, surely?

Yeah, no chat about relegation or BREXIT.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Could the threads be grouped perhaps so anyone wanting to know or discuss anything specific can go straight to it ?

-help offered/needed
-Latest news
-massive politicised binfest thread about how great/crap the Government is handling it

etc ?

Bloody good idea Boz and something along the above lines with reasonably clear subject descriptions for each thread.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003

-help offered/needed
-Latest news

etc ?

Good idea - Needs a poll :wink:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Could do with a thread pointing out the GOOD things about the virus. Must be a few things, surely?

Iran has let some prisoners out for two weeks to be with their families, which includes Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Will the mods be randomly banning people from posting to it like the current thread? Hardly helpful if you can not read it :ffsparr:

If people post rubbish with the intention of trying to wind people up or heighten their anxiety then surely they are inviting a ban. It's not as if NSC is the only source of info for this crisis!!!!

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Separate section is a good idea - but make it accessible through a sticky rather than hidden away like other stuff and community announcements (I presume that everybody else comes straight to the Big Board when coming on to NSC?) Don't think there's any need for the final bit though - enabling people to request being blocked from it - just don't click on the link if you don't want to discuss it/be reminded of it..

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I understand the imperative but people will start new threads. It will require extremely assertive intevention, with new threads isolated and quarantined in the new thread location, meaning that great vigilance will be required from the moderators. We cannot expect the ordinary NSC user to understand the responsibilities placed upon them at the present time. Personally however I am in favour of intervention, and a clear plan, even if not everyone understands it or agrees with it.

B52

Jan 23, 2013
Super Seaford From the South

-help offered/needed
-Latest news

etc ?

This is a good idea:thumbsup: IMO.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
A great idea for a sub forum.

With new posts/The Main Board actively policed for anyone creating new CV threads, perhaps not with the CV tag, so that they slip through.

Edit: Just seen HWT’s post, which essentially said the same.

Soul Finger

May 12, 2004
Or maybe we could help each other, and those in need? And put those in touch with people who require help, or can provide it?

Therefore a place not for the hoarding idiots who are massively exacerbating an already seriously problem.

Just seen Bozza's post from yesterday. Please ignore the above.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Will the mods be randomly banning people from posting to it like the current thread? Hardly helpful if you can not read it :ffsparr:

I will certainly be firmer, finally, on (to use the pub analogy) the punters who keep coming in shouting and swearing that the bar staff are a bunch of wankers, and what a shit pub it is.

They can drink somewhere else.

This is not the time for that kind of behaviour.

Hope this helps.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here