Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Deadline day signings

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
So a kneejerk reaction is the answer is it? Sorry but l don't think that it is. Yes an awful performance last night by all accounts, (2nd half anyway, we seemed to do very well until half time), and perhaps we have had the odd stutter in the past few games, but overall l still believe we are on the right track. Bringing in someone as a panice measure is exactly the wrong thing to do in my opioion.

Jahanbaksh will be back from the Asia Cup soon, and hopefully it won't be long before Bernardo and Izquierdo are fit again. We will be ok.

AJ will be back, if Chris picks him, on Saturday. Bernardo is due to be training this week. Izquierdo due to be training next week.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Have to say we are looking very lightweight on options up front. If Murray gets injured we are in serious trouble.

Agreed and I also think we are looking weak down the flanks at the moment

and left back?

Need a defensive midfielder to cover for Stephens.

Cover for Stephens lol yes get another player altogether

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IMHO if Izquierdo isn't someone who will be back in the next couple of weeks then we might as well look at loaning someone as cover, or purchase if we intend on selling at least one of the four this summer.

Exactly !

If we'd kept either of them we'd be in a stronger position now regarding the squad.

What I find thoroughly depressing is the total lack of supply coming from the U23s.

We have top notch training facilities, a solid recruitment policy and good coaches. So why on earth has not one single u23 player been promoted to the first team? Gyokeres just about squeezed into a second choice cup team as a sub and that’s it.

How are we ever going to know if these players are good enough if they never get a chance????

So we need a couple of strikers, two wingers, a defensive centre mid, and a left back. by tomorrow.

And we need to make room in our squad and the first team for a few under 23s as well.

Last edited:

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Bong has no competition while Bernardo is injured. Not great.

He still has Bernado as competition - he should look at it as his chance to cement his place in the side and to keep it once Bernado is fit again....if that isn't competition and motivation enough then I don't know what would be.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
And I wish the same could be said for Bong. Good Championship player struggling at this level.

Not sure how you define "struggling" (do you mean - "i don't rate him") but not many players struggling at this level will have made 32 Premier league appearances in the last 18 months, won their place back in the team several times having already seen off their initial replacement (Suttner - who really did struggle, was dropped and never played again.).

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
And I wish the same could be said for Bong. Good Championship player struggling at this level.

I think Bong is doing ok, not brilliantly by any means, and think that Bernardo is a better choice at left back at the moment. It's easy for people to look towards Bong as a scapegoat for last light's poor performance, but l think it was a collective thing, the whole team played bady, not just one or two individuals.

Cozzy

Jul 26, 2018
Grimsby
I dont see any signings this window for the first team squad , only really see one weak spot and everyone is pointing that out as left back. Bong just does not perform at a high level consistently enough , he has the odd good game and a rare great one but most of the time its mediocre sadly.
The problem is even if we signed s a LB CH would still play Bong until Bernado is fit as he rarely puts new players straight in the team. Personally I would rather see Balogan play LB than Bong but apparently he has been unavailable due to illness.

I dont advise anyone to hold their breath over the next 30 hours expecting some activity , if there is it will be to strengthen the U23's which are looking somewhat light with all the loans.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
AJ will be back, if Chris picks him, on Saturday. Bernardo is due to be training this week. Izquierdo due to be training next week.

Well precisely, so we will start to have more competition for places very soon, and that has to be a good thing, and backs up the point l eas making.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I dont see any signings this window for the first team squad , only really see one weak spot and everyone is pointing that out as left back. Bong just does not perform at a high level consistently enough , he has the odd good game and a rare great one but most of the time its mediocre sadly.
The problem is even if we signed s a LB CH would still play Bong until Bernado is fit as he rarely puts new players straight in the team. Personally I would rather see Balogan play LB than Bong but apparently he has been unavailable due to illness.

I dont advise anyone to hold their breath over the next 30 hours expecting some activity , if there is it will be to strengthen the U23's which are looking somewhat light with all the loans.

The club decided, even before the window opened, that there would be no investment on new signings for the first team squad, and have issued several statements to that effect.

doogie004

Oct 12, 2008
wisborough green
So we need a couple of strikers, two wingers, a defensive centre mid, and a left back. by tomorrow.

And we need to make room in our squad and the first team for a few under 23s as well.

If we are to progress then yes . Whoever scouted locadia wants sacking

Blues Rock DJ

Apr 18, 2011
Dorset
The club decided, even before the window opened, that there would be no investment on new signings for the first team squad, and have issued several statements to that effect.

except $10m for a young Argentinian who's gone back on loan. Why not spend that to bolster the first team squad ?

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
A number of our supporters have very short memories. We are, and will be for a few more years, a side battling to remain in the league but with a squad pushing for a top 10 finish. We don't need to make pointless signings that could upset the squad or detract from our longterm goals of developing. We are progressing very well and as planned

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
So sack Paul winstanley and find room in the squad for about 10 new players . By tomorrow.

Quite. Some of the comments on here are absurd.

doogie004

Oct 12, 2008
wisborough green
So sack Paul winstanley and find room in the squad for about 10 new players . By tomorrow.

I said going forward not by tomorrow but yes replace Stephens bong locadia
And if Winstanley scouted locadia then he better have a good story as to what the **** he saw

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
I said going forward not by tomorrow but yes replace Stephens bong locadia
And if Winstanley scouted locadia then he better have a good story as to what the **** he saw

He did. So actually don’t sack Winstanley, wait til the summer window, and er do exactly what club will do then - if they stay in the Premier League - continue to strengthen squad with signings and u23s. Presumably up front, in midfield, and defensively.
Yep . Agreed.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here