Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] De Zerbi watching football on his holiday

Biancazzurro

Aug 9, 2011
Hassocks
My Italian team managed to become youth champions in Italy for the first time since 2003/04 tonight. I was reading the match report and mid way through it mentions that our Roberto was in attendance at the Mapei. Back in Sassuolo's home ground watching football in his down time!

I assume it was just for fun although there's always the chance he was scouting too.

Article in Gazzetta

Biancazzurro

Aug 9, 2011
Hassocks
1d33480af3fb0084136d154dc4d3e1ff-48856-oooz0000.jpeg

Sepulveda

Notts County's younger cousins' fan
Mar 19, 2023
Northern Italy
OOO its all pink like the Finacial Times
Yep, it's because at the time (1898) it was cheaper to print on pink than on white. The pink jersey in the Giro d'Italia was made of that colour in honor of the Gazzetta itself. Over recent years it's become an absolutely woeful sports paper unfortunately, but it's still the most important one we have here in Italy and the oldest active one in Europe. It's based in Milan so it has a definite bias towards the two Milan clubs.

Jesus Gul

Feb 23, 2004
Yep, it's because at the time (1898) it was cheaper to print on pink than on white. The pink jersey in the Giro d'Italia was made of that colour in honor of the Gazzetta itself. Over recent years it's become an absolutely woeful sports paper unfortunately, but it's still the most important one we have here in Italy and the oldest active one in Europe. It's based in Milan so it has a definite bias towards the two Milan clubs.
The pink Gazetta is iconic thanks to the 90’s Football Italia on Channel 4 where presenter James Richardson would plot up at a cafe with some coffee and pastries and summarise the news.
Also seen on Pantofora d’Ora boots.
Liverpool also have (had) a pink football paper printed Saturday evenings.
IMG_5568.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_5567.jpeg
    IMG_5567.jpeg
    136.9 KB · Views: 58

Sepulveda

Notts County's younger cousins' fan
Mar 19, 2023
Northern Italy
The pink Gazetta is iconic thanks to the 90’s Football Italia on Channel 4 where presenter James Richardson would plot up at a cafe with some coffee and pastries and summarise the news.

View attachment 162084
Didn't know that, classic Italian bar morning scene that (coffee/cappuccino + brioche/croissant + the gazzetta that's always left on the counter by the bar owners) :lolol: I might have to try and find some clips of that program now, I'm curious

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Do check out Football Italia Sepulveda.

It is probably my favourite TV program ever, I absolutely LOVED that show. Such happy memories of the highlights shows and live matches. My love of football was heavily influenced by that show. For me and a lot of other people my age who’s parents couldn’t afford Sky, that was our televised football (other than recorded episodes of MOTD and Endsleigh Football League Extra as they were on too late!).

The likes of Ravanelli, Torrichelli, Baggio, Signori, Recoba and Del Piero - all absolute heroes of mine! Serie A will always be a magical league to me because of those times.

Still love James Richardson on BT Sport and Totally Football Show and Albion bias put aside, Peter Brackley is my favourite ever commentator.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
View attachment 162084
As of course did our very own Argus. And pretty good it was too

Sea Cider

Dec 27, 2012
Do check out Football Italia Sepulveda.

It is probably my favourite TV program ever, I absolutely LOVED that show. Such happy memories of the highlights shows and live matches. My love of football was heavily influenced by that show. For me and a lot of other people my age who’s parents couldn’t afford Sky, that was our televised football (other than recorded episodes of MOTD and Endsleigh Football League Extra as they were on too late!).

The likes of Ravanelli, Torrichelli, Baggio, Signori, Recoba and Del Piero - all absolute heroes of mine! Serie A will always be a magical league to me because of those times.

Still love James Richardson on BT Sport and Totally Football Show and Albion bias put aside, Peter Brackley is my favourite ever commentator.
1000%! Your post brought back great memories and perfectly summarised my experience as a child of the 90s. Thank you.

Vetinari

Jan 22, 2023
Well you learn something everyday 👍

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
The pinkA Gazetta is iconic thanks to the 90’s Football Italia on Channel 4 where presenter James Richardson would plot up at a cafe with some coffee and pastries and summarise the news.
View attachment 162084

The local rag in Newcastle produced a late sports edition in pink, they also titled it The Pink.
As did the Evening Argus, and many other newspapers country wide.

Reactions: cjd

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here