Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] De Zerbi Thoughts?

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Exactly how I felt. Honestly, thought we were great at times in the first half, and it was a matter of time.

their goal was completely against the run of play. As good as Welbeck is playing he cannot keep missing relatively simple chances.
Despite what the latest club spin is on why we don’t need a quality forward we really do and have done for the last three seasons. The situation is quite bizarre yet here we are.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Not really enough though if we are to progress.
Sure - but we didn’t replace him. By this point in every season with us he’d scored at least 2 already. Welbeck / Undav have 0.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
This isn't Hyppia territory (yet).

Although "teams like Brentford"........

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Sure - but we didn’t replace him. By this point in every season with us he’d scored at least 2 already. Welbeck / Undav have 0.
Undav has had very little opportunity.

very hypothetical as to how many he would or wouldn’t have had, bit like me saying but he’d have missed 5-10 presentable chances which is as likely.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I'm feeling worried and anxious at the moment.

But...relax!

My judgment about football is notoriously diabolical, which is why I sit bottom of the bottom division of the Seagulls Fantasy League prediction competition (est. 1998)!

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
I don't think it is a good example to the players when the manager/coach loses it.
Ok to voice your opinion to get heard, but all the arm waving and carrying on doesn't do it for me.
Some may say it shows passion etc. but I think it has a negative impact.
Just look at Klopp and Pep yesterday, pathetic.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
It's early days but I will feel a lot, lot happier when he gets his first win.

I can't get the nagging dread out of my mind that we are going to keep dropping down the table.

The World Cup break can't come soon enough for me.

Time for a reassuring win please.

I'm finding it hard to Hold The Nerve.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009

I can't get the nagging dread out of my mind that we are going to keep dropping down the table.

Not convinced he's tactically anywhere near same level as Potter? In Muzza interview he alludes his teams always play one way. Potter was adapting different formations depending on opponents and was even changing systems in the game.

Of course needs more time, but the talk talk fellas are right. We've lost our zip, it's ponderous and possession for possessions sake, more than dangerous in attack.

I hope my silent inner sceptic when we went for him isn't true! (because he's the out of contract cheaper option).

Time will tell.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton

Last season was a weird one. We started with 4 wins in our first 5 games, then went on an 11 game winless run, and despite that didn't drop down too low. Then had that six game losing streak not long after breaking the 12 game winless run. And still we didn't drop out of the top half (or not for any significant time).

I don't feel like that is something that will happen often, to have such a bad run and not drop down the table too much. So while we're on a run that is comparable to last season (early wins in first few games, followed by a winless run), it doesn't feel like the table is as odd as it was last season, to allow us to linger higher up without picking up more points.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here