Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] De Zerbi Thoughts?

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Very early days but I like what he’s had to say so far and we have had some positive passages of play in his first games considering how little time he’s had to work with them.

I think though now is the time he needs to break away from Potter’s side and play his a bit more. 4 at the back from the off with 3 in the centre of midfield with Lallana or Gilmour brought in to keep the ball more and give more protection to Mac and Caicedo as they will obviously be receiving a lot of balls from the defence. For Forest I’d hope to start with the following as I think it will suit the way he wants to play more:

———————Sanchez;
Veltman - Webster - Dunk - Estupinan;
——Caicedo - Mac Allister - Lallana;
———March - Welbeck - Trossard.

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
Fair enough but I'm talking about on the pitch. True we haven't scored (when players normally look happy) but we look troubled a bit.

Littlemo

Aug 25, 2022
Very early days but I like what he’s had to say so far and we have had some positive passages of play in his first games considering how little time he’s had to work with them.

I think though now is the time he needs to break away from Potter’s side and play his a bit more. 4 at the back from the off with 3 in the centre of midfield with Lallana or Gilmour brought in to keep the ball more and give more protection to Mac and Caicedo as they will obviously be receiving a lot of balls from the defence. For Forest I’d hope to start with the following as I think it will suit the way he wants to play more:

———————Sanchez;

Yeah, I was wondering whether he might start to change the team a bit.

I can understand sticking with the players he has since he’s just come in and not had much time with them, especially with the internationals, but the last two games haven’t been great and there’s a few players who might deserve to sit the next one out.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Fair enough but I'm talking about on the pitch. True we haven't scored (when players normally look happy) but we look troubled a bit.
I do wonder what it must be like in these circumstances. They're professionals and obviously have to say the right things, and I'm sure they're enjoying RDZ, but they are only human and surely must be thinking we were on the cusp of something special and have now gone back a few steps - must affect mentality somewhat whether conscious or not

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Early days but come January there will be casualties- Gross hasn’t been the same player under RBZ Welbeck has played well but his main job is to score and he hasn’t and he has had chances !! maybe against Forest play Gilmour for Gross and throw in Ferguson instead of Welbeck ??
Keep the same strategy, the same tactics but increase the intensity and with the hunger of Gilmour and Ferguson I believe it will make the difference

Greenbag50

Jun 1, 2016
Early days but come January there will be casualties- Gross hasn’t been the same player under RBZ Welbeck has played well but his main job is to score and he hasn’t and he has had chances !! maybe against Forest play Gilmour for Gross and throw in Ferguson instead of Welbeck ??
Keep the same strategy, the same tactics but increase the intensity and with the hunger of Gilmour and Ferguson I believe it will make the difference
Sure RBZ will want to bring in new faces; maybe someone who can actually score

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
From years of watching this kind of start from managers - plus pessimism - there will be a drop in performance and a defeat next. Or we might edge past Forest to temporarily cessate things, then lose comprehensively to City and Chelsea.

Things will get easier for RDZ if/when he goes on an unbeaten run.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
We've been here before.

Eventually RDZ will find a balance and as soon as he does he'll be on every list of odds for a top 6 manager replacement and the cycle will continue....if he doesn't get fed up of it himself first.

Exactly.

Nothing new. Settle in for a testing rest of season. Lose to the dross, take a few scalps. Finish around 15th.
Does make you think what's the point of it all, eh.

For clubs the likes of us and countless others, now money has destroyed the top end of football, the best we can hope for is knocking on the door of Europe before returning to where we belong, unless a rogue state takes over your club and the fans lap it up without a care in the world

um bongo molongo

Jul 26, 2004
Battersea

———————Sanchez;
If March isn’t playing WB (which he’s good at) then he shouldn’t be in the team. He simply isn’t good enough in the final third to play in the front 3. But replace him with Mitoma and swap Tross to the other side, and I agree…

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
We have definitely lost momentum and it is massively annoying to see that Chelsea have adapted to life under GP much more quickly.

I like how he has started a fight nice and early. Take note @The Clamp .

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing

———————Sanchez;
Agree with the post, but no way would I leave Gross out.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here