Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] De Zerbi showing his crack?

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Another vote for bollocks here. It's no different to people claiming they know what players are paid - only the player, the club, the agent, the bank and possibly the player's partner really know.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
I read this just a case of the Italian press struggling to justify little old Brighton being a catch equal to, if not more appealing currently to the giants of Inter.

My mate once ate an entire freezer of gino ginelli and reckons their shithouse
Tutti Fruitti was absolutely magnificent.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
According to Inter Live there is a divergence of philosophy between the club and De Zerbi. Our M.O has been to recruit raw talent, polish it off and sell some of it on. De Zerbi, it is alleged wants to be more ambitious and retain the best players and recruit more experienced and players of greater stature. The report suggests there is a developing 'crack' between the manager and the club. Surely there is a compromise between the two philosophies? I'm also pretty sure Bloom shares his ambition but in a more considered manner with a greater time scale.
In the article I initially read it as a clam crack, which intrigued me.

Then reaslised it was a claim of a crack, which I think might be very different

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
Roberto also gets the freedom to manage the first team squad as he wants, with support when he wants it.
He’s ambitious and will go at some point but when he looks back on his career I’m sure he will think fondly of the environment he worked in at Brighton.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
I have no doubt that it will end in tears as RDZ is ambitious and I am not convinced that the slowly slowly catchy monkey approach will be enough for him. Once he feels we’ve hit his ceiling I think he’ll be off. Hoping for another couple of seasons from him but can see it unravelling very quickly when it does.

Let me be wrong please
Was thinking about this the other day.

At the moment the stars are aligning for us in a way they might never do again- we've got possibly the most highly rated young manager in the world and a strong squad with 2 or 3 world class players.

If ever there was a time to expand the wage structure quickly and make a couple of big signings this is probably it. Top 4 might actually be achievable next season and that's not based on blind optimism, the stats since De Zerbi took over confirm it.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
No such thing as cementing ourselves as a mid-table to upper Premier League team, particularly if we sell our best players.

Lose too many key players, and we could well find ourselves in the relegation mix next season.
We sold 2 of our best players last summer, and then another one in January, so it's not a given.

West Upper Seagull

Oct 31, 2003
Woodingdean
I’m sure there is already a consideration to increasing the players salary budget to keep our best players, at the expense of reducing the transfer budget. It’s got to be cheaper to pay our top players more and retain them than to keep buying replacements. In this scenario, it then boils down to how happy the player is to stay at the club and their ambitions to move to more successful clubs to win trophies.

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
No such thing as cementing ourselves as a mid-table to upper Premier League team, particularly if we sell our best players.

Lose too many key players, and we could well find ourselves in the relegation mix next season.

I predict that TB will be looking to keep all of our best players here if we can, even if that means increasing our wage budget, as we aim to establish ourselves as European regulars.

What I don't expect to happen is for us to start splashing the cash on big name players. That rarely works out for clubs of our size and stature.
It certainly hasn't worked recently for clubs of Chelsea's size and stature :lolol:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
RDZ obviously loves coaching and improving players, putting his undoubted tactical skills into practice and watching beautiful football. He has said on a number of occasions that in Dunk, Gross, Caicedo, Mitoma etc etc he is working with the best players he has ever managed.

He's definitely off then :facepalm:

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
No pictures?

:needpics:

(for the ladies)

Littlemo

Aug 25, 2022
RDZ has lifted the club up a bit since he’s come in and I do wonder how we balance being much more competitive and needing to play decent players to keep us there, with the ethic of bringing through younger players.

That doesn’t mean though, that RDZ is unhappy or that there are cracks. He knew what he was coming into before he joined so he won’t be surprised.

Equally, having a difference of opinion in some areas isn’t terminal for the working relationship with Barbour and Bloom, they can disagree without him wanting to jump. He isn’t daft, he knows in the PL there aren’t many better owners who would give him the reins as he has here.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
He came to us because we
1: Have good players
2: He could work with these players and he felt he could improve them.
3: He liked the way we play from U16s through to the first team.
4: He knew we had a philosophy at the club of bringing players through the ranks.
5: He also must have been impressed with Bloom & Barber in the interview, they will have told him our outlook and where we see ourselves and he took the job knowing this all and obviously felt he could work within any so called constraints the media now say are a moot point between board and manager.
6: In interviews he constantly reminds the interviewer "We are Brighton, we know who we are"
7: It is all Bollox
8. He was unemployed at the time

ConfusedGloryHunter

He/him/his/that muppet
Jul 6, 2011
I wish just once I could click on a click bait title and it not be another tedious bit of doom and gloom bullshit gossip about who we will be losing next.

Can we not park all this sad sack stuff until June at least?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here