Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] David Stockdale

Fat Boy Fat

Aug 21, 2020
I don't know if it's a British thing, to build people up, whether it be footballers, pop stars, actors or anybody in the public eye. We just love to build them up to godlike status then point and laugh when things go wrong later in their careers - sad really!

ConfusedGloryHunter

He/him/his/that muppet
Jul 6, 2011
I am in the only mock the ex players who were bellends-in-order-to-force-a-transfer camp. And even then my anger fades with time. I do wonder what went wrong for stocky, possibly missing out on playing in the prem for us affected his mental health? One of my favourite ever brighton goalkeepers.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Loved Vincelot playing for us. Never left anything on the pitch - gave everything every game.

Romain_Vincelot.jpg

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Best penalty save I have ever seen, was that (well, a double-save). Then Knocky went and won it for us late on.

I think that was the night that convinced me we were going up.

That was an amazing double save and an incredible night. Think I was convinced a month earlier than that though when we won at Birmingham with Murray's late winner. Both incredible moments and matches though in an overall incredible season.

It just felt like at that time that we would find a way to win the game no matter the match situation and every single player played their part including Stockdale in a big way.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
That was an amazing double save and an incredible night. Think I was convinced a month earlier than that though when we won at Birmingham with Murray's late winner. Both incredible moments and matches though in an overall incredible season.

It just felt like at that time that we would find a way to win the game no matter the match situation and every single player played their part including Stockdale in a big way.

We still had a long way to go - that game against Massive was in mid January. But it put us top of the table, 9 points clear of the team in 3rd. We really looked unstoppable at that point, I just could not see us missing out. Wonderful night.

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
Just signed for York City.

Interestingly as well as playing, he’ll be acting as their head of recruitment. Wouldn’t be surprised if he’s on the phone tomorrow to Gordon Greer.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
It's pretty amazing how his career has fallen off a cliff when you think he's 'only' 37 and a year younger than Fabianski.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
In a few of the Sheffield Weds celebration tweets it’s fair to say it looks like the running’s been binned off.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here