Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] David Soul RIP

nickjhs

NSC Patron
Apr 9, 2017
Ballarat, Australia
Always one on every RIP thread…
Hey, I have no problem with people speaking out to break rose coloured glasses as long as they don't want you to scrub the person's work from the historical record. I enjoyed him as Hutch but it is always good to separate the person from the character they played. If only people could realise that it is quite plausible, normal even, to be good at your job and a dick at home and really the two should be separate as far as the law permits.

Van Cleef

Jun 17, 2023
I could never work out whether he was a drug dealer or a pimp (maybe both), seemed to have no visible means...
I have it on good authority his income was split equally between drugs and pimping. Personally I would have had him down as a pimp though.
His income from the nark police slush fund remains unknown to this day.

POSKETT AT THE VALLEY

Jan 16, 2010
Isle of Wight
Hey, I have no problem with people speaking out to break rose coloured glasses as long as they don't want you to scrub the person's work from the historical record. I enjoyed him as Hutch but it is always good to separate the person from the character they played. If only people could realise that it is quite plausible, normal even, to be good at your job and a dick at home and really the two should be separate as far as the law permits.
Would you put Gary Glitter in that bracket?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
For me, the background of a person can, and often does, inform how you receive their art. I can’t always separate the two.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here